[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: windows-10-logo.gif (16 KB, 2016x848) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-logo.gif
16 KB, 2016x848
I'm sick of getting the notification and I'm curious at this point if it's any better from when it first came out (Less glitches, any faster?) And what pros and cons there are compared to 7.

Should I do it?
>>
>>52058874
With Win10, Microsoft will LITERALLY have unrestricted access to ALL of your files. They will also collect all of your usage statistics.

Only the absolute dumb of the dumbest install Windows 10 on their computers.

I am not even exaggerating.
>>
>>52059229
>I am not even exaggerating.

except you are, and have literally 0 proof MS has "unrestricted access to ALL of your files"
>>
>>52059243

I'm not that anon but Windows 10 deleted a patch to crack some software that I use. Without a notice the .exe is no longer there, nice tactic to make paid software develop for windows.
>>
>>52059243
You have literally 0 proof that it doesn't, because they refuse to let you see what the software does. Close your eyes and bend over.
>>
>>52059243
Read their ToS under "general app info" for starters.

>"includes a list of apps that are installed on a device"

They have a capability to see what you have on your computer. Add to that the whole "Windows 10 may remove 'illegal' files and content from your system, if they desire" controversy, and you don't have to be a high-school graduate to figure this out.
>>
>>52059302
>prove to me that god doesn't exist
Oh u
>>
>>52058874
It was always less glitchy and faster than 7.

There's no reason not to use it. It's smoother, looks nice, battery life on my laptop is better, multiple desktops are nice.

But I don't give a fuck you can stay on 7 if you want.
>>
I would suggest not using Windows 10 if you can avoid it. Just uninstall the GWX KB and poof, no more notifications (just be weary, Microsoft keeps pushing it out)
>>
There's a program that let's you turn the notification on/off
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.