[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have <10 seconds to explain why you are not learning/coding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: csharp3.png (68 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
csharp3.png
68 KB, 300x300
You have <10 seconds to explain why you are not learning/coding in C# right now.
>>
I write most code for a Cray machine in C with some asm.
>>
I write most code for a Cray machine in C with some asm.
>>
>>52057580
I'm reading 4chan right now.
>>
>>52057580
I don't want to use botnetOS
>>
I happen to write most code for a Cray machine in some with some asm senpai
>>
Because I have a terminal illness and don't feel like wasting any of the rest of my life.

>posting on 4chan

>that feel when I just realized I'm must wasting time waiting to die.
>>
>>52057580
B O T N E T

Also, it's for noobs.
>>
>>52057682
But you are a noob.
>>
>>52057580
And I was wondering, where is the today's thread for: you have N second to ... C#.

BTW I use it almost everyday. Best syntax ever.
>>
>>52057809
>BTW I use it almost everyday. Best syntax ever.

Good. What's your favorite feature? I personally like how easy it is to use and how quick development of complex programs is.
>>
Because it's a Java clone in almost fucking every sense (language, platform, ideas, etc...), has a shitty platform with a shitty culture and shitty libraries, frameworks and the like. It's Microsoft bullshit that ties you to Windows (no, Mono sucks, and open source .NET is not meaning anything) and a lot of Microsoft crap.
>>
C# jobs are building ReST apis and performing enterprise ETL. I prefer programming that is performance centered, as it is much more challenging (satisfying) and high paying.
>>
>>52057964
How's that hopelessly broken Date class working for you Java friend? Or is it Calendar? Or Time? Or TickyTocky? Who knows? Java is so full of legacy baggage, you have to get groped by TSA to use it.
>>
>>52057580
Because I'm part of the C++ master race.

Dumb fucks think it's complicated.
Retards think C is superior.

Haters gonna hate, but the results speak for themselves.
>>
>>52058342
R U S T
U U
S S
T T
>>
>>52057580
I write Go. Simple, more robust, don't need a botnet IDE, no C++ legacy class bullshit, no design pattern overuse niggers as userbase.

Simple to code. Simple to read. Simple to scale. Simple to run in multiple platforms. Simple to deploy.

The shit just werks.
>>
>>52057638
C# has open source compilers that run on *nix
>>
Because I plan on making my way through C, and C++ before going to C# / Java. Its only logical.
>>
Cba
>>
>>52058380
I've been writing a little Rust lately and I do like it. But it seriously needs a good IDE. (NOT shitclipse or some bullshit from jetbrains)
>>
I'm on vacation from my job at Microsoft.
>>
Because I'm a fucking PM, and the devs are supposed to write that shit.
>>
Actually, I have a strong interest in getting into it. Right now I'm in the middle of learning C (finished my first class on it last semester and hopefully continuing into the next), but afterwards I want to learn C# because a buddy is making a game in Unity (which is big on C#) and also because I've seen jobs for people with C# knowledge, and I figure it shouldn't be too hard with an amount of C knowledge already in my head.
>>
>>52059950
Don't you have to be doing some arcane thing with some poorly programmed internal website?
>>
Ayyy. I recently finished reading c# the yellow book. But theres so fucking much i dont understand that well and googling doesnt explain stuff good enough for me(maybe because my englosh is shit). But does anyone know a good read to continue with? I wanna understand what the hell a delegate does. How a lambda function works. Etc...
>>
>>52060164
>Ayyy. I recently finished reading c# the yellow book.

>He read the yellow book

You know that author is a memester or something right? It's literally "Programming for 5 year olds": the book. Not really that good tbqh unless you have literally 0 programming knowledge.
>>
>>52060164
>I wanna understand what the hell a delegate does. How a lambda function works. Etc...
Then use them.

>How a lambda function works.
It's an anonymous function.

>Etc..
Kill yourself, you're clearly retarded.
>>
>>52060140

Fuck off. And yes. But you know who I am.

But seriously, fuck our internal shit
>>
>>52060202
Ok thank
>>
>>52060269
I guess it's a good book but it just kind of sucks how the author makes it feel like it's for babies.
>>
>>52060286
I dont mind being treated as a baby as long as i learn :) can you recommend a good book that you like?
>>
because Visual Studio is TWENTY-TWO GIGABYTES to install.
If IntelliJ IDEA had a C# plugin, I would use C#.
>>
>>52060325
I guess at this point after you've learned the basics you want to just read MSDN documentation for programs you want to make, looking at other people's sourcecode for ideas and such.

There's no further books on C# that won't just repeat what you've already learned.
>>
File: 1441127468509.png (115 KB, 1111x1000) Image search: [Google]
1441127468509.png
115 KB, 1111x1000
Will it get me a job at Google?
>>
>>52057580
I was, then visual Studio fucked up
>>
>>52058140
>Date class

Did you even Java 8 new date time API?
>>
Reminder that word coding doesn't exists. It is called programming
>>
I'm developing a language that is perfect for me.
>>
>>52060608
Coding may refer to:

Channel coding, in coding theory
Line coding
Computer programming, the process of designing, writing, testing, debugging / troubleshooting, and maintaining the source code of computer programs
>>
You have less than one femtosecond to explain why you keep making these retarded threads every day.
>>
I like C# quite a bit and Visual Studio too but I don't want to be stuck in the .NET ecosystem. All the higher paying and sexier jobs tend to avoid it.
>>
>>52057932
>Good. What's your favorite feature? I personally like how easy it is to use and how quick development of complex programs is.

You sound more like a marketing shill than a programmer that actually uses the language in his day job.

Or you're just a bad programmer that had no idea wtf he is doing and likes to feel better about his skill set by posting babble in threads.
>>
I code mostly for fun. 2 years with Python. How's Go? I've read a bit on it and it seems good
>>
>>52057580
>You have <10 seconds to explain why you are not...

You do realize that using this juvenile sentence immediately makes this a /b/ tier thread?
>>
But I do code in C#. Even made some that runs on a 1000 cores in a cray machine
>>
>>52057964
>No entity
>barely lambda
>Inb4 muh hibernate
Yeah what a clone
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.