[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw when "that guy" picks up his phone and it isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: laughing-horse.jpg (241 KB, 667x472) Image search: [Google]
laughing-horse.jpg
241 KB, 667x472
>mfw when "that guy" picks up his phone and it isn't an iPhone

Why to use an inferior phone with a store full of crap instead of investing a couple bucks more on a world class Apple device?
>>
Cause Apple sucks ass
>>
Are you a horse?
>>
>>52055504
because when i bought my LG G4 it was superior in every way to the apple 6 Plus.

as for the 6S i am not sure.
>>
>>52055592
>>52055504
Your resistance only makes my penis harder.
>>
>>52055603
Have fun with your 4 hours of battery life ;)
>>
>>52055603
ok so i looked up the 6s and I have a better screen and I still have the better camera

1440 x 2560 resolution
hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor and 3GB of RAM

suck it apple
16MP camera
>>
Apple does many immoral things that harm developers and users alike:
Apple, not you, controls what you can install on mobile devices
Apple is a patent bully and hostile to developers
Apple's App Store only allows restrictively licensed software
Apple devices threaten your privacy
>>
>>52055677
The iPhone 6S does not have a removable battery................

my G4 hold a charge for about 2 days. not 4 hours. keep trying.
>>
>>52055734
4hrs SoT you dumb mother fucker. Sleep time doesn't mean shit
>>
Because my nexus 5x is so fucking superior to my previous iphone 6 holy shit it feels good
>>
>That guy
>That guy who knows more code than everyone else
>that guy who scored a 32 on the ACT
>that guy that gets paid for fixing all his friends computer issues

You're right op, killing myself now :^)
>>
>>52055504
>mw when
>>
>>52056323
Have fun masturbating tonight while people with iPhones and no time for autism are enjoying the company of their partners and friends.
>>
>>52055603
Yeah g4 woo!

Id rather have nice looking phone and carry a spare battery in a bag than have to use that fucking retarded looking apple charging case oh god even thinking about it wants to make me throw up
>>
>>52056388
I'm spending time with my senpai, senpai. Unlike your lonely ass
>>
>>52055707
Google does many immoral things that harm developers and users alike:
Google, not you, controls what you can install on mobile devices
Google is a patent bully and hostile to developers
Google's App Store only allows restrictively licensed software
Google devices threaten your privacy
>>
>>52055862
It doesn't mean shit as long as Apple product fails at it. If it wouldn't, it would be the main reason to get that Apple product.
>>
>>52055552
>that "guy" who buys the latest overpriced iphone every time thats only difference is its physical dimensions
>that "guy" who checks his phone every 5 minutes when out and doesnt pay attention to the world around him
>that "guy" who would rather get his latest $900 iPhone (tm) out and record every thing in his life to get youtube views than to actually experience things
>>
File: asdf.jpg (55 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
55 KB, 500x456
>>52055504
desu senpai, post-iPhone smartphones are a meme. And we all fell for it. People throw around terms like "the smartphone era" and stuff, as if this is as big an advancement as cars, computers or the internet.

Really, the only advancement is in Apple and other companies marketing strats to scare up an unprecedented amount of consumerism. Smartphones are more expensive than laptops, but functionally equivalent. If you don't have a smartphone, you can do just fine with a laptop and a dumbphone or not even a dumbphone. If you don't have a car (and you don't live in a city with much public transportation) you're boned. Even if you're not boned, you can at least comprehend that you can do *more* with a car than without a car. You literally have no more abilities with a smartphone than you do with any other internet connected device.

Smartphones and the app economy are literally just transpositions of existing technologies into one place, with no material improvements, but a huge price.

And don't fucking talk to me about some poor shit in china who somehow can only exist now because of his phone. Seriously? just get a cheap ass laptop and a 3g modem. Save yourself all the money, manage your epic rural chinese business-y deals like a normal person.

Smartphones just bring out the worst behaviors in people. And fucking dictionaries trying to come to terms with their own irrelevance by making "selfie" a word. Just disgusting, have some self respect.

I'm just so salty about it all. These fuckers hyping mobile so hard. These poor tards signing up for $2000 data plans and $1000 phones, when it hasn't brought people anything except more desire and less contentment. Facebook, Google, Samsung and Apple just fucked it all up, and it makes me sad
>>
>>52056323
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>52056597

>Google, not you, controls what you can install on mobile devices
>Google's App Store only allows restrictively licensed software

There are numerous GPL applications in the Google Play Store, and Google has no authority to control the applications used on Android phones and tablets. A user is fully in their capacity to run an .apk distributed directly from the developer with no intermediary. A user is also fully in their capacity to run a different version of Android than what is shipped with their phone. Although some phone manufacturers will attempt to lock down their bootloaders anyways, Google provides a standardized way to flash recovery images onto phones, which can be used to further flash different versions of Android, and to install software that otherwise could not be installed via a normal .apk, such as a superuser binary.

iOS, by comparison, does not offer any support for installing alternative versions of iOS, or alternative operating systems, and does not even allow users to install applications without the App Store.
>>
>>52056272
How is it superior?
>>
>>52056648
>that guy who went through a dozen iphones because he breaks the screen every month like a retard
>>
>>52056496
Running stock 6.0 on mine, camera is awesome and battery life shits on my previous Nexus 5. Just wish the cunts in SK would enable bootloading unlocking for non-EU variants. Fucking hate stock.
>>
>>52055504
call me back when iphones do not have a port scanner OOB, encryption bypasses a toddler can exploit, and the incapability to harden the base operating system OOB.

https://pentest.com/ios_backdoors_attack_points_surveillance_mechanisms.pdf
>>
>>52055504
How to Identify Bait 101
>>
>>52055504
When Apple gets Tasker, I'll switch. Until then, I'll enjoy my lights automatically turning on when I get home, torque loading when I get in my car, and my computer automatically waking up when I get to my desk.
>>
Because I like removable sd cards and batteries.
>>
>>52057793
>not recognizing that smiley
God, this site just gets worse and worse.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.