[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get fractal r5 for christmas >all excited about finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 22
File: hitler did nothing wrong.jpg (792 KB, 1607x1184) Image search: [Google]
hitler did nothing wrong.jpg
792 KB, 1607x1184
>get fractal r5 for christmas
>all excited about finally managing cables
>used to have a full tower, didn't matter if cables were managed
>now i'm forced to manage cables and realized i hate the very idea of having to fuck with shit like this

fuck. plus the noctua is just way fucking too huge for this thing.
>>
You could get chorter cables and get rid of the headache.
Or just ziptie shit.

Either way, that case has no place for a Disc drive, so intro the fuckin trash where it belongs.
>>
File: comfybox2.jpg (658 KB, 1656x1404) Image search: [Google]
comfybox2.jpg
658 KB, 1656x1404
Come on OP, even if it's not fun to do it doesn't take that long and is satisfying when done, pic related is my R5. Admittedly modular PSUs make things easier.

Put some music on and fix your cables while the rest of your family gets drunk on eggnog.
>>
>>52055268
At the top. It has a door.
>>
File: 1447242201934.jpg (56 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1447242201934.jpg
56 KB, 720x438
>>52054998
>noctua meme

you asked for it
>>
you have put in the hard disks wrong.
flip them around, and plug the cables on the backside, then you have them hidden.
>>
>>52054998
your HDDs are the wrong way you dumb idiot
>>
>>52055422
I'm working on it. Will post results in a bit. Psu is modular btw.
>>
This is basically impossible without short round sata cables. Wish I would have stuck with my full tower this just honestly isn't worth doing at all. Will make zero difference in temps anyway
>>
>that filthy CPU cooler
At least clean the damn heatsinks
>>
R4 is the superior R (except for SSD management)
>>
>>52056277
It isn't even dusty whatsoever. Flash photography. It's just dust sitting on the surface, it was blown out thoroughly.

Ok I'll repeat if you have more than one drive DO NOT buy a case like this without getting round data cables.
>>
>>52056482
>>52054998
OP, you are a fucking tard, the drives are the wrong way and need to be turned by 180 degrees.

The cable mess belongs to the other side. wtf how are you this stupid.
>>
>>52054998
also the cables all belong on the other side... like the ATX or CPU connector. you put them through the grommets in underneath the motherboard, put them through the grommets near the parts where they get connected and plug them in, then you hide the mess of cables behind the motherboard tray. Seriously are you trolling or something? The fuck are you doing?
>>
File: rms did nothing wrong.jpg (905 KB, 1633x1181) Image search: [Google]
rms did nothing wrong.jpg
905 KB, 1633x1181
>>52056875
there is no "wrong way". you can put the drives in any way you want. why would I turn the drives around backwards when I was just hooking it up for the first time, which would require far more work? dumbass.

you can even have the connectors pointing inward toward the MB if you want. thinking there is only one way in something that is set up to be highly modular means you are very dumb.

finished up, but this type of case is just completely worthless with 18" PSU wires and non round sata cables. It's not going to get any better than this, there is no room to manage cables for me. Not for people with more than a couple drives.

The "fan controller" resets my computer when I switch it. Reasons are explained here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1771794

This case which everyone lauds in every review uses a cheap and unsafe method to control fan speed, so don't consider the fan speed "controller" (it is not one) as a reason for buying this.
>>
>>52057031
ok so does anyone have brand recommendation for round sata cables

i really need to get different psu cables too but corsair wants $80 for a sleeved set. LOL. why wouldn't i just buy a new psu
>>
>>52057031

No you're just a fucking douchebuscuit that can't even figure out one of the most popular design of mid-tower case. If you don't like it gift it someone else for Christmas that isn't an autistic shitbag that can use and like it
>>
>>52057177
i had an aluminium lian li full tower before. big boy stuff.

I know you've never used a full tower but this case is honestly far inferior to my 10 year old lian li. Cable management is just a waste of time. Now I have to buy new shit to be able to close the fucking panels because there isn't any proper channel for sata cables to go through

>HURRRRRRRR YOU CAN ONLY PUT THE HARD DRIVES IN ONE WAY EVEN THOUGH THEY SPECIFICALLY SET UP THE MOUNTING TRAYS SO YOU CAN HAVE THEM EITHER WAY

fuckin literal retards on /g/. this board honestly has dumber people than /v/, wow.
>>
Does anyone have experience with these?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4TZ32A7604&cm_re=silverstone_tek_cables-_-12-162-011-_-Product

This would make my cable management a lot better off the dick. Corsair in their infinite wisdom, spaced the sata power connectors like 5 inches apart when they only need to be 1 inch apart. So there's a bunch of extra cable that I have to deal with to plug my hdds in...
>>
File: MgkSTzI.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
MgkSTzI.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>52054998
It's not hard to get a decent cable management for this case, although I admit having a fully modular PSU helps a great deal.
>>
>>52057888
my psu is 90% modular. I have the unnecessary 4pin cpu connector which is coiled up out of sight, otherwise the non modular parts don't matter

But the thing is, everyone keeps posting cases like you just did-- 1 drive. Of course you're not going to have any issues with one drive. Why even buy an enthusiast case if you only have one drive? I don't call that an enthusiast setup...

my pc has 7 drives in it.
>>
>>52057031
>Have Fractal Define case
>Fan controller works perfectly
>Cables management was easy
>Temps are low

Stop blaming the case for every little issue.
>>
>>52058082
the case uses a cheap and unsafe method to operate the "fan controller". it's not up for argument. It doesn't fuck with your newer PSU but it fucks with my high quality older PSU.

My temps have been ice cold kid.

I have no idea why I got this thing. Still trying to figure out which round sata cables are best.
>>
>>52054998
I have a fractal R4 with sound dampening and no window and a noctua DH15. The only hard part was deciding in which order to install parts.

Get your HDDs turned around and get a fully modular PSU.
>>
I don't know why the fuck you think round sata cables will make it work better. Just get black ones, feed them through the rubber grommet right next to them and around to the drives, use cable ties to keep it tidy.
It's really not hard.
>>
>>52058136
>everyone in the thread thinks hx620 isn't a modular psu

how old are you guys

i'm not buying a new psu for the sake of getting rid of one unnecessary cable.
>>
>>52058175
>I don't know why the fuck you think round sata cables will make it work better.

you're quite dense if you don't understand why it matters with 7 drives. you realize standard sata cables are 19 inches long, right?

god this board is full of insufferable ricers who actually have no idea about any of the shit they're talking about. I've built PCs for 20 years. You haven't been alive for 20.
>>
>>52058176
From the image it doesn't look modular with all the spaghetti hanging out.
>>
File: 1441471886418.png (178 KB, 430x460) Image search: [Google]
1441471886418.png
178 KB, 430x460
>>52058133
>MY older psu
There you go faggot. It's your issue, not anything else.
>>
>>52058185
>you realize standard sata cables are 19 inches long, right?

All the more reason to turn them hard drives around to face the right way.
>>
>>52058188
perhaps read the fucking post. does it appear to you that i tried to make it look nice when i posted that?

>b-but i don't like comprehending before i speak
>>
>>52058185
You realize 19 inches is more than long enough and the number of drives is completely irrelevant right?
>>
>>52058133
>cheap and unsafe method to operate the fan controller
A switch?
>>
>>52058192
it's a corsair hx620 aka a seasonic there is nothing wrong with my PSU. Adding +5v to the 12v rail to make a +7v differential is not okay to do and can result in isntantly killing components

the "fan controller" is not a "fan controller" it is a suicide switch
>>
>>52058251
>Adding +5v to the 12v rail to make a +7v differential is not okay to do and can result in isntantly killing components

Ouch.
>>
ITT: OP expected everyone to agree with him, everyone points out why he appears to be a retard, and he grows increasingly angry

Has been an entertaining read
>>
>>52058247
>You realize 19 inches is more than long enough

this board has some of the dumbest people on 4chan. confusing. no wonder i never come here.
>>
>>52058290
They would be long enough if you had the drives facing the right way. I can't tell if you're trolling or are actually this much of an autist.
>>
>>52058272
i'm not angry whatsoever just condescending

bunch of case ricers here who don't actually understand anything about computers
>>
>>52058306
They understand the right way to face a HDD, a fact you seem to have been missing.
>>
>>52058290
Whatever dumbass, go buy your massive rounded cables then get mad when it looks even worse.
Enjoy.
>>
>>52058303
>long enough

you still don't get it after multiple posts.

>the right way

there is no right way. I guess you didn't see the second picture though so you keep needlessly repeating this. embarrassing.
>>
>>52058318
>looks

why would I care how it looks? lol. fuckin case ricer kiddies.

you seriously don't understand the point of having round cables when you have 7 drives?
>>
>>52058324
Nothing wrong with flat SATA cables. In fact they're easier to manage.
>>
>>52058324
You haven't made a single attempt at explaining why the standard cable length that works for literally everyone else isn't long enough for you, other than rambling about having multiple drives because you're a "power user" (!?).
>>
>>52058337
Please do tell us so we can laugh at you some more.
>>
File: Now this is CABLE MANAGEMENT PC.jpg (907 KB, 1995x1501) Image search: [Google]
Now this is CABLE MANAGEMENT PC.jpg
907 KB, 1995x1501
>>52058337
Have this. Stick with your full tower.
>>
>>52058362
>isn't long enough

you actually still don't get it. This is remarkable levels of honest-to-goodness mental retardation. inability to learn or inability to even think about an idea in more than one way. Do you have a diagnosed learning disability? I feel sorry for your mother.
>>
>>52058376
all those drives and only 2 sata cables plugged in. great image.
>>
Yeah OP is a fucking autistic shit lord. Why the fuck can't your figure out cable management? It doesn't matter what size your case is big boy. Its a simple fucking concept. You either can grasp it or you don't. There are no excuses.
>>
File: cable management PC 2015.jpg (73 KB, 531x664) Image search: [Google]
cable management PC 2015.jpg
73 KB, 531x664
More cable management.
>>
>>52058382
Keep getting mad retard, it's hilarious. You still haven't convinced anyone that you have the slightest clue what you're doing.
>>
>>52058376
Random question, is the 980ti bottlenecked by the 2500k at all?
>>
>>52058407
Get your glasses checked, gramps. Speccy shows the drives that are detected, more than the fingers you have on one hand, you crippled fuck.
>>
>>52058417
Now this is what OP should be asking about. Personally, I've just got the components side down. What unique ways are there for tying down cables on the backside?
>>
>>52058417
that's great and all but when you're adding in $100 sets of individually sleeved cables of course it looks good

you couldn't pay me to buy that overpriced bullshit. the end result of this is to close the fucking cover and have it not be seen

>>52058425
kid i used jigsaws to cut blowholes in steel cases in the 90s literally before you were born. i've been doing this for so, so much longer than you. go ahead and condescend on me because i don't want to spend 16 hour days and hundreds of dollars on individually sleeved cables

i'm laughing at you becuase you still can't understand that i want shorter sata cables, not longer ones. holy fuck, why would you think i would want longer ones? rofl
>>
>>52058437
>is the 980ti bottlenecked by the 2500k at all?
Not at all, because you don't know the meaning of the word bottleneck.

And pic related is why you don't have drives facing left but towards the back of the case.
>>
>>52058438
>speccy shows

wow if only computers had the ability to put together images that wouldn't normally go together. it would be remarkable if you could somehow do this

most of those drives aren't plugged in
>>
OP here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812493067&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=bitfenix_cables-_-12-493-067-_-Product

anyone have these who can comment on the flexibility of them? impossible to find the combination i want of connectors, length, and sleeving but these are close and look nice
>>
>>52058459
>yusa boy
There are $8-$12 sleeved cables on amazon shitlord.
>>
>>52058470
Still shows there's no problem with the cables, gramps.
>>
>>52058463
How is it going through life as a know-it-all faggot?

" What Is a Bottleneck?
A bottleneck is when a PC is performing a very demanding application and it appears that some aspect of the application can (or should) be performing better. In games, a telltale sign of a bottleneck is that the video card achieves much lower benchmark scores and performance than what most people with the same setup experience. As the performance of the CPU and the video card are largely responsible for how well the game runs, the blame is put on the CPU for causing the performance bottleneck, hence "CPU bottleneck.""

Wanna answer the question this time or just continue acting like you know more than everyone else?
>>
>>52058459
I can guarantee I'm older than you and have been doing this far longer than you. Not that it's at all relevant.
Please do point out where you specifically mentioned you wanted shorter cables.
Again, standard cables are fine no matter how many drives you have Mr "power user". If you were so skilled and experienced surely organising a few cables so you can close the case would be trivial for you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1080x1510) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1080x1510
I know that feel OP, just got a Core 3500 and the cable management is fine but but it came with a fucking CAT screwing up my outtakes.
>>
Why is everyone role playing in this thread? Seriously what the fuck. I refuse to believe this is real.
>>
>>52058503
Does the image show a Pentium 4 and a 980ti squished together? No? There's no problem with the 2500k and a 980ti together faggot.
>>
>>52058504
>Please do point out where you specifically mentioned you wanted shorter cables.

wow so you're literally unable to understand something unless it's spelled out in front of you? absolutely no ability to think on your own?

you aren't older than me and haven't been doing this for longer. Why would you think I would want longer cables? Even with the drives the "wrong" way (there is no wrong way) the distance between the SATA connectors on the mobo and drives is mere inches. On what planet do you have to be from to think a person would ever need longer cables in this situation?

One of the most asinine leaps of logic I've ever seen anyone take and truly embarrassing that you honestly, physically COULD NOT think about something a different way even after being hinted THREE TIMES.

You have a learning disability or actual autism. I feel sorry for you.
>>
>cable management is an autistic meme
wow
>>
>>52055422
I'm a god damn idiot. I've got my hard drives facing the other way. Why don't you put your SSDs in the back of the case?
>>
>>52058541
Look Mr "power user", you consistently fail to understand that the cables that are perfectly fine for literally everyone else will work fine for you too if you make a little bit of effort.
How the fuck are we supposed to know what you want when all you do is get mad at simple little things and ramble about shit that is completely irrelevant to the topic?
Making baseless personal attacks on your elders isn't really helping your case.
>>
File: f4_cpu_nv.png (52 KB, 582x1848) Image search: [Google]
f4_cpu_nv.png
52 KB, 582x1848
>>52058529
>There's no problem with the 2500k and a 980ti together faggot.

It's 16FPS behind a non-bottlenecked processor.
>>
>>52058581

backplate holding the motherboard can get hot from heat transferring from mobo to plate even with standoffs, better to stick SSDs in a roomy area
>>
>>52058609
>literally everyone else

why would I care about what other people do? you are so confused about life, little guy.

>How the fuck are we supposed to know what you want

You aren't. I didn't ask you about anything, you came in and offered your learning-disabled opinion. The questions I have asked have been unanswered while non-power-users offer unnecessary input on shit I didn't ask for.

Once again, I must ask: You were unable to even think about something a different way despite being given 3 hints that you were thinking about it incorrectly. Do you have a diagnosed learning disability or autism?
>>
>>52058628
>bad AAA game as a benchmark
That's when playing unoptimized shit like FO4, a game that runs better depending on your RAM because Bethesda can't code for shit.
>>
File: 1451095129655.jpg (351 KB, 992x820) Image search: [Google]
1451095129655.jpg
351 KB, 992x820
>>52058376
What is this?
>>
>>52058651
>real-world use as a benchmark
>real-world use reflects that you are wrong
>make up some excuse for how real-world use isn't a good enough benchmarking scenario

can all these non computer users get out of my thread? I don't know who you guys are but you aren't the nerds of old. You are cell phone kids who want to be in this hobby because cable management is elite to you or something. Can you please fuck off?
>>
File: DSCN7591.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7591.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
It's easy Anon
>>
>>52058529
See, was that that hard? Proceed back to shitposting now, thanks.
>>52058628
Thanks. Just curious, I got a 4790k when the mobo with my i7 920 crapped out. I know the 920 is behind the times but I have a friend with a 2500k and a gtx970 (he's IT too and we have argued so much over the 3.5 issue) thst claims he won't have to upgrade for a while. I don't quite believe him but looks like he could be right.
>>
>>52058665
Follow the cables, it leads to the heatsink fans.
>>
>>52058651
I like to imagine a pentium 4 owner using that excuse for everything.
>>
>>52058690
>one drive

once again, non power users need not apply. thanks.

what do you even do on your computer if you only have one hard drive? why not just have a tablet?
>>
>>52058640

Holy fucking shit, you are one obtuse motherfucker.

Do you drive your car in reverse everywhere you go because there's no "wrong" way to orient your vehicle?
>>
File: 1374477184099.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1374477184099.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
>>52058721
>why not just have a tablet?
>>
>>52058721

You have GOT to be trolling.
>>
>>52058761
No anon he's a power user, which means having several terabytes of Chinese cartoons apparently.
>>
>>52058761
Non power users can't handle more than 2tb of storage.
>>
>>52058747
you're right they put two sets of mounting holes so you can have the drives either way for no reason

you can't turn the cage 90 degrees also, that's not possible either, they just put the mounting holes for that also for no reason

it's not like anybody who has ever actually used a computer for work in any capacity has ever wanted to hook up a hard drive to their hot swap ports quickly or anything

ugh, people who rice out cases but don't actually understand anything about using computers. talking to me. this is like my worst nightmare
>>
>>52058721
You deserve a name. From now on you should post with the trip POWER USER.
>>
>>52058777
You can also mount all your fans backwards too, doesn't mean it's not retarded and wrong.
>>
>>52058777

The back panel comes off the case you fucking moron.

>Use correct cable management grommets which actually allows better airflow through the case alone with being neater
>LOL YOU RICER PLEB DO U EVEN WORKFLOW
>>
>>52058816
wow the other side panel comes off the case too? amazing i didnt know that

this case is truly remarkable!

because you can have your hard drives facing backwards (this is actually the"wrong" way) that means nobody would EVER want or need to have their drives facing forwards like they have in you know the rest of the history of computers

it's "wrong" because your cable management ricer friends told you so
>>
This is legitimately the first /g/ thread in a while that has truly ruffled my jimmies.

Also, thats not flash photography. Your case is just dirty as fuck you autist.

>POWER USER
>gaymin RAM
>GTX 960
>jalopy tier PSU
>>
>OP does retarded shit
>makes desperate attempts to appear superior
>fails hilariously
>takes every single piece of bait

10/10 thread
>>
>>52054998
>putting your PC on carpet

I shiggydiggydoo anons
>>
>>52058843

Yeah, the case opens from both fucking sides, ergo

>Put the HDDs in the "wrong" way
>YOU NO LONGER HAVE YOUR CURRENT "problem"
>>
>>52058855
yeah i paid so much more for that ram than "non gaymin" ram

>power user means you need a super video card to play muh advanced video games becuase that makes you money

rofl

psu has worked flawlessly for nearly 10 years now. its a seasonic corsair. go ahead and find something wrong with it

my purchase has lasted and made itself worthwhile while you probably buy some rice faggot shit that dies in 2 years.
>>
>>52058869
what problem do I have again? go ahead and tell me I lost track

give me a few minutes though im blown away from your revelation that both sides of the case open. this is a game changer
>>
>>52058888

Well besides being mentally incapacitated and inherently stubborn, you can't seem to understand why you can't use a case in a way it wasn't designed.
>>
OP hates everything: the thread
>>
>>52058917
so it's not designed to have hard drives facing left even though the drive trays have 2 sets of grommets specifically so that you can mount the drives in either direction?

did you miss this too? >>52057031 it was posted like 2 hours ago but some of you have an extreme comprehension problem so i wouldn't expect that actually reading or bothering to look through threads is your strong suit
>>
>>52058937
ive asked for input on specific products twice in the thread and received zero responses meanwhile there are literally 70+ shitposts

what is there not to hate?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812162014&ignorebbr=1

I think i'm gonna go with these, but fuck it's gonna be a huge expense getting 4 of them, just to have better cabling...
>>
>>52058964

People are shitposting because you're an autist throwing a temper tantrum because you finally realized you're a fucking retard after everyone pointed it out.
>>
>>52058964
Check eBay or Amazon, big box stores overcharge like fuck on cables.
There, I helped you. Now stop being so mad.
>>
>>52058981
i didn't "realize" anything and I'm not mad whatsoever. keep forcing it though, you craft reality with your thoughts! :)

>>52058994
amazon has the exact same selection/pricing as newegg. buy sata cables and shit from ebay and you deserve the fried drives you will end up with.
>>
>>52058702
Is this a fan controller? I've never seen one like that. What kind?
>>
>>52058880
>seasonic corsair

This HAS GOT to be bait
>>
>>52059048
Rebrands. Superflower is another that gets rebranded and used by EVGA.
>>
as someone who's first build was a micro-atx this case was huge! I didn't know they made them bigger aside from server cases of course. There's so much room!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Yeah op it think you might be one of those people my mother told me to stay away from ya know, a fuck up. I have a define r5 and everything was perfect
>>
>>52059069
But you don't have 7 drives so you're not a power user like OP.
>>
File: WP_20151223_12_34_36_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 2533x1835) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151223_12_34_36_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 2533x1835
How did I do?
>>
>>52054998

>OP is a "Power user"
>Not using a hot swap rack
>Not using NAS

OP confirmed for autist.
>>
File: IMG_20151027_211448.jpg (367 KB, 1200x888) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151027_211448.jpg
367 KB, 1200x888
>>52055422
Even without a modular PSU it's not that hard. This case doesn't even have good cable management.
Picture is my old guys before I got a new PSU.
>>
>>52059133
3 out of 7
>>
>>52058061
Because most people have a NAS you fucking wanker.
>>
>>52059133

Pretty messy bud.

>Flip CPU cooler fan to hide cable
>Route Soundcard power through same grommet as SATA
>Route fan cable coming through drive bay through bottom grommet
>Pull all the slack from cables routed through bottom grommet and zip tie.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2763x2422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2763x2422
>>52057031
ROUTE THAT FUCKING EPS CABLE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT I KNOW ITS LONG ENOUGH. I CAN DO THAT SHIT ON A FUCKING $20 CASE. STEP UP.
>>
>>52059199
I'll probably do all that soon. I have to open up my case anyway, my intake fans vibrate my whole case.
>>
>>52059224

Also, why are you using a soundcard and not an external DAC/amp?
>>
>"power user" OP
>gets a meme case without doing any research whatsoever (nobody gets a computer case for Christmas without asking for one, don't even start)
>can't do the most basic of cable management, whines on an imageboard about it, blaming the case

fucking lol, kill yourself OP.
>>
>>52059048
>This HAS GOT to be bait

because you don't understand a single flying fucking thing about what you're talking about?

when i bought this psu it was in the top 5 of best PSU you could buy period. my shit lasts forever because i know what to buy. and my high quality, lasted-forever PSU has a problem with the janky, incorrect way that the "fan controller" on this thing works.
>>
>>52059201
if you think im going to bother removing the noctua again for a single cable that makes 0 difference whatsoever to airflow, you are wrong

can't flip it/plug it in with the noctua installed to clarify. just not enough room to operate without using fuckin tongs or something.
>>
>>52059239
I got it cheap off ebay and my discman plays loud enough that I don't need to carry around an amp.
>>
>>52059288

......then don't use it.
>>
>>52059313
yeah no shit. but leave it to the hivemind here to make it *my* problem because something is a cheap piece of shit.

I'll contact fractal and see if they can send me another fan controllermabober, mine is likely defective.
>>
>>52059355
Be sure to mention that you're a power user.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1136x640
>>52059303
Don't be a bitch op. Do it right so you never have to do it again.

NEVARU GIVA UPAH
>>
>>52059374
i'm a power user

really, though, it's bizarre here that people don't understand that flat sata cables can cause undue stress on the connectors in this case, especially when you have a shitload of cables. There is only so much "management" you can do before the cables are forced to bulge out and then be compressed inward when you put the side panel on the case.
>>
Kill yourself dear power user with no cable management skills
>>
>>52058690
Can you please route that 8 pin motherboard power cable around the back and out the top left corner?
>>
File: IMG_20151224_151252.jpg (312 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151224_151252.jpg
312 KB, 1024x768
I got kind of tired of cable management myself so I just got the easiest possible case. Still, having messy cables is unacceptable in my mind so I would clean it up if I had to.
>>
File: desktop.jpg (318 KB, 1268x951) Image search: [Google]
desktop.jpg
318 KB, 1268x951
>>52057031

Is this guy trolling or what?? You are autistic as fuck

>2016
>needing an optical drive
>not buying the superior define S case

I have a non modular PSU and I didn't even TRY to cable manage. I literally haven't done anything on the other side. Just stuck everything in as much as possible and closed it. My new modular PSU is coming in a few days then I'll start cable tieing. It's easy as fuck you virgin

Also

>using fan controller
>not just getting pwm fans and use a splitter

This ain't 1998 no more
>>
>>52059823
thinking on an air 540, got any pros/cons?
>>
>>52055422
Fuck I need a bequiet cooler
>>
>>52061382
pros:
easy cable management
good airflow
Looks nice
easy to work in

cons:
flimsy side panels
no dust filter on the top
wider than normal if that matters to you
>>
>>52055422
>2 triple slot gpus

w-what
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.