[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 2015.jpg (14 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
14 KB, 440x330
>DVDScr.XVID
>XVID
>>
>not BRRip.XviD
>>
>>52050807
What's wrong that senpai
>>
>DVDScr.XviD.YIFY
>>
>>52050843
Xvid was used before you were born that's what
>>
>Current year maymay
>>
x264/x265 AAC master race here
>>
>>52050951
Fuck off weeb
>>
> tfw you can remember when xvid was the new codec on the block.
>>
>>52051175
I distinctly remember the first times I encountered mp4, xvid, divx, and mkv video files.
>>
>>52050866

this happens every year, bro. near the end of the year, they put upcoming theater releases on dvd to pass them to the oscar voters for review and they always leak out. there's no point in making some ridiculous high-quality encode, when the whole point is to get something nice looking out before the movie hits theater.

but for the other trash out there.... fuck that. it's just dickwads who only watch movies on laptops and don't care about quality.
>>
>>52051330
>Mixing together container formats and video codecs
puking_anime_grill.tiff
>>
>>52051508
>implying there's a difference
quit being such and autist
>>
>>52051330
Ditto. I still have a fair sized collection of divx movies on cds. I never watch them but I'm too autistic to throw them out.
>>
>>52051175

If I recall correctly, Xvid is an open source compression algorithm that was created in response to DivX.

Also, IIRC, I remember walking into "Incredible Universe" and seeing some Star Trek movie projected on a huge screen. It was playing off a Sega Saturn, which could play DivX-encoded movies off a CD-ROM.

It looked like shit, but it was still impressive.
>>
>>52051381
You're not making any sense, dumbass.

There's no excuse for using Xvid for anything, original quality of the screener is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>52052021
it just works and its a scene standard you rebel
>>
>>52052049
>scene standard
Yeah no
>>
>>52052125

https://scenerules.org/t.html?id=2009_XViD.nfo

yes. now hang your head in shame like a hunchback
>>
>>52052136
>xvid is a part of the xvid standard

Well fuck, I sure feel told.

The only releases still in xvid are made by people with 5 year old GPUs who are too poor to upgrade
>>
>>52052136
It WAS a standard, in 2009 ffs
>>
I remember watching Prestige x264 mkv version sometime in 2007.
Xvid should not exist anymore.
>>
File: star-trek-wrath-of-khan-kirk.jpg (24 KB, 390x240) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-wrath-of-khan-kirk.jpg
24 KB, 390x240
>>52050951
>x265 AAC

mfw none of my set top boxes support x.265. Back to watching movies on a laptop.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.