[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>long time iphone user >buy an android phone (a "midrange"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
>long time iphone user
>buy an android phone (a "midrange" one, supposedly) just to try something new
>am kind of satisfied,
>the battery is okay
>the OS is from 2013, kinda outdated, but I don't pay it much attention

but after a month or so of use,
>phone battery drops within 3 hours of use
>phone is awake when it's off
>search the web for help on fixing this
>see that 'rooting' the device will help me identify the culprit and stop it
>root it; download some app from a shady forum where the people can't even talk properly
>install it
>the program is Google Play Services, which wakes up the phone literally every microsecond to do some random shit
>it also takes my location every minute or so
>one of the chat applications (it's one of the more famous ones) does a recording twice every hour and turns on the camera once every 8 minutes

Why do people use this OS, again? It doesn't have any privacy at all. At least with Apple I could trust them not to use my data for evil purposes.
>>
Last I checked Apple joined PRISM same as everybody else.

Last I checked Apple has been sued over iPhone geolocation schemes without user consent.

Last I checked The Fappening happened.

Last I checked iOS is just as laggy as Android once you update your iDevice beyond the version it came ootb with.

Last I checked /g/ is full of dicksucking Apple trolls.
>>
Can you rice iOS like you rice android?
>>
>>52048451
This is the only defense you airheads have
>>
Yeah, Android is so so on most phones.

But iOS is limited as fuck. It doesn't even have homescreen widgets.
Also have to use iTunes just to copy some files for fucks sake.
>>
>>52048226
Feels like bait. I really wonder how you fags manage to fuck up a phone so badly. You guys sound like the average wintard that is surprised that the taylorswift.mp3.exe is actually a virus and not a mp3 file.
>>
File: 1450021853586.jpg (310 KB, 678x957) Image search: [Google]
1450021853586.jpg
310 KB, 678x957
>>52048226
>At least with Apple I could trust them not to use my data for evil purposes.
>>
>>52048540
>GNU Image Manipulation Program
>Windows 7
>>
>literally so stupid he can't use a fucking PHONE properly
>>
>>52048226
Android is the Wndows Vista of the mobile world.

iOS is Linux

Ubuntu is OS X
>>
>>52048226
what phone did you buy?
>>
>>52048564
Vista
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.