[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xbox Elite Controller w/ Win7?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: Pic1.jpg (111 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pic1.jpg
111 KB, 1280x1024
Yo, I just bought my son this Xbox One Elite controller for X-mas so he can use it for PC games, but when we plug it in, Windows can't seem to find any drivers associated w/ it. Is there anyway we can get this damn thing to work without switching over to Win10?
>>
It works out of the box with Windows 7 so you've done something wrong.
>>
>>52047147
Hmm, odd.

As we plugged it in the 1st time, we heard the windows 'hardware error' sound, along w/ seeing a message saying that drivers were not found.
>>
I should also note that I've tried using 7 USB cables, and gotten the same result. (along w/ the one that comes in the box)
>>
Sorry but your wife's son should have known that these things only work on Win 10 so far.
>>
>>52047182
>your wife's son

This is some sophisticated shit talk.
>>
>>52047182
But isnt there the 'Wireless Adapter' that also works w/ Win7? Because the Controller would then just be able to connect to that...
>>
>>52047198
Does the controller show up in device manager?
>>
Also, on device manager, the controller is labeled as just 'controller' rather than 'Xbox One Controller' (like the old one)

It also has an exclamation mark as an Icon
>>
I've been looking online for a couple hours now, and found a thread on Reddit that stated this same issue. One person said download the OLD drivers. People said it worked (but it didnt for me)
>>
>>52047243
Talk to support?
>>
>>52047251
Well, it DOES say on their website that it works on Win7 and up, but it's not working for us...
>>
File: pdp memes.png (28 KB, 99x169) Image search: [Google]
pdp memes.png
28 KB, 99x169
>he fell for the xbone elite meme
>>
>>52047268
?
>>
U dunno bro, Only solution I see is to upgrade
>>
>>52047293
Nah dude, Win10 has this 'metro' feel that I hate... It's the main reason we still have 7
>>
Any Ideas guys?
>>
File: 46346346.jpg (10 KB, 250x270) Image search: [Google]
46346346.jpg
10 KB, 250x270
>>52047197
>>
Any ideas?
>>
del sys32
>>
Does no one have any ideas? Come on guys.
>>
>>52047381
no ideas brew,shit outa luck.
>>
I aint upgrading because Win10 scans for pirated software, and uh... Ya know.
>>
Is there any kind of software that makes the Controller compatible for Win7?
>>
File: 1444348861491.jpg (26 KB, 328x466) Image search: [Google]
1444348861491.jpg
26 KB, 328x466
>>52047132
Is it your
>wife's son?
>>
Any actual help would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to fix this for over 5hours...
>>
Uninstall the driver for the controller in Device Manager, restart your PC and try again.
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc
>>
Buy him a regular Xbox One Controller and get a refund for the Elite one
>>
>>52047495
K, I'll brb
>>
Literally, 5 seconds in Google.

http://wccftech.com/xbox-controller-pc-drivers-download-courtesy-major-nelson/

Download 32bit or 64bit and install them yourself.
>>
>>52047520
Did you read my previous post dude? I said that that driver didnt work...
>>
>>52047495
Yo, as my PC booted up, I heard the 'hardware error' sound again, along with the error, "No driver found"
>>
>>52047556
You might have a faulty controller.
>>
>>52047586
might I add, Try it on another pc
>>
>>52047414

I literally have Windows 10 and heaps of pirated shit and nothing has happened and I have been using Win10 for over a year now.
>>
OP here, Ima 'bout to try it on MY pc, brb (I dunno why I hadn't thought of that. :/)
>>
>>52047594
>I have been using Win10 for over a year now.
No you haven't.
>>
>>52047543
I don't see where unless you consider these 'old' drivers.

Only option left is to follow >>52047495 and get Windows Update to do it.

Leave it plugged in, navigate to Device Manager, find the controller with the exclamation point next to it, Right Click --> Properties --> Driver --> Update Driver --> Search Automatically for Updated Driver.

If that doesn't work, navigate to Windows Update manually and check for updates. If it's not in the optional column then you're shit outta luck unless you can find them manually online, or windows update decides to be generous.

Best of luck.
>>
>>52047590
Nope, Didn't work on my Laptop, PC or my wife's PC
>>
File: win10.png (94 KB, 1011x799) Image search: [Google]
win10.png
94 KB, 1011x799
>>52047615

>what is technical preview
>>
>>52047648
Xbox One controllers only work natively in Windows 10. Everything else, you need to download the driver before you can use it.
>>
>>52047414
>believing /g/'s lies
>>
>>52047690
It's not that I believe these lies, its that I've actually had it happen... (on a VM) I had a Pirated version of SV-13 and it got wiped from my programs list...
>>
>wife's son
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.