[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music Production Related Private Trackers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 348x145) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 348x145
Hey /g/ Music Technology has been a passion of mine for awhile now. However anyone who creates electronic music or "epic music" (aka trailer music, 2 Steps From Hell) can tell you there's only so much you can do without VST's. Unfortunately those can cost $100's. Regular torrenting is understandably rather limited in this area. I created this thread because I'm interested in finding a group of like minded individuals/musicians. I didn't create this thread to beg for an invite, rather I'm looking for a jumping off point, to do my homework and eventually work my way towards one. However I am unaware of any private trackers (if there are any) that fit the bill for this. Any information/advice related to this is very much appreciated.
Merry Christmas /g/
(Pic included because I needed a file, its the fucking Fort Knox of Vst's and sounds like liquid gold)
>>
>>52044344
You seem like a cool guy, you got a soundcloud?
>>
>>52044344
whatcd has pretty much everything you'd be looking for. They don't just have music torrents.
>>
Isn't this it?

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3319416
>>
>>52044547
No that's not it, the actual files are like 50gb

>>52044344
I think the Ravenscroft 275 is a pretty good alternative. Only really good keyboards really max out the capabilities of these engines.
>>
good tradesman doesn't blame his tools
you don't need a specific vst as much as you need knowledge on processes that are useable by other free or alternately cheaper vsts

t. arturia analog lab & v collection with steve duda shite
>>
>>52044372
I do but I havent uploaded anything on it. I originally got into this in a music tech class in my high school. We used garage band which I hate with a passion after using FL studio. It became quite annoying because everyone in the class just dragged and dropped samples from garage band and called it a song. They would start doing whatever the hell they wanted and our teacher would be like I'm going to make this due tomorrow. At one point we had less than 5 hours to create a song, master it, provide cover art and upload it. I had uploaded 3 tracks as part of my final but I felt like the quality was really sub par so I took them down. On the flip side, if you have one I'd like to check it out.
>>
>>52044417
Thank you, I wasn't sure if they had what I was looking for. I'll definitely be trying to learn more about them and their invite process. I had a rather questionable idea involving the gazelle/whatcd github but its probably best i dont.
>>
>>52044344
>However anyone who creates electronic music or "epic music" (aka trailer music, 2 Steps From Hell) can tell you there's only so much you can do without VST's. Unfortunately those can cost $100's.
That's bullshit, you're just another FL Studio kid that doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. There are TONS of free VSTs that fulfill your needs. Meldaproduction for example offers a massive bundle which is cheap as fuck and in terms of instruments, there are so many free vstis or just incredibly powerful ones like zebra that you will never need another one. You're just too lazy to read the manual and learn how to handle them. Fucking spoiled EDM fags
>>
>>52044825
It's also a super convenient place to get weird samples from, and they have a wide selection of ebooks for everything production/music theory related. I couldn't imagine making an 8gb shaker sample library without it.
>>
>>52044869
Have fun sorting out which free VST's don't do stupid shit like try to run MIDI commands at audio rate. For every decent free or cheap VST out there, there are a hundred more that are giant piles of garbage.
>>
>>52044943
>Have fun sorting out which free VST's don't do stupid shit like try to run MIDI commands at audio rate.
It takes about couple of hours of researching in the internet you lazy faggot. Niggerfags who pirate audio software are the worst kind. Niggerfags like you are the reason we people have to deal with dongles
>>
>>52045043
>Let's spend weeks figuring out what free software is actually usable instead of making music because I'm too poor to buy decent software/hardware.
>>
>>52045115
That's what I did when I was a kid instead of stealing software which other p eople work for you literally gipsy refugee. After a while I was able to afford a proper DAW and the plugins I actually need.
>>
>>52045127
>Admitting it takes forever to sort through the shit, and still ended up having to buy real plugins.
Not making much of a case for yourself there.
>>
>>52044943
Time is money, literally and for anything. There are free vst or even vsti that you can tweak to get something ridiculously good. Of course this will imply learning, trial and error and losing quite some time but in the end asides of getting unique sounds you will fill more fulfilled and get better at it. Or you can just buy the expensive stuff to use the defaults like those sheep in garage band, there isn't much option there as who paid 600$ and up for a single vst/vsti will not upload it not even to PT for the snotty kids to do xXX420XXxnoscope montages.
>>
>>52045212
>t.Syrian Refugee
>>
>>52045217
I'm more arguing that the free software is 99% garbage with the decent free stuff being incredibly mediocre at best. Not saying that people shouldn't buy audio software, but that going through all the free programs takes an eternity and you'll end up ditching them for real programs later on.
>>
>>52045265
>I'm more arguing that the free software is 99% garbage
Bullshit as fuck.. you are just one of those retards who don't understand a single thing about signal processing and need to use those waves one knob plugins. Literal FL Studio hardwell fan tier
>>
File: MOscillator00.jpg (79 KB, 811x537) Image search: [Google]
MOscillator00.jpg
79 KB, 811x537
>>52045296
Because I'd wanna waste time using something as horribly designed as this instead of using Sylenth. At least provide some examples of this non-mediocre free software so the OP can grab it.
>>
>>52045265
The thing is that they are not garbage, but it will take you time to sort them for what you want and tweak them.
Considering the raw capability of both free (well done) and expensive ones, the biggest difference is either within quality samples or the fault of who's using it. Are you really comparing or arguing the difference between free vsti of 20Mb consisting of a dll file to a paid 50GB? Either pay or make due because sure as fuck you wont find the good stuff that you won't even be able to manage and end up using the defaults.
>>
>>52045392
>Sylenth
EDM fag detected. Sylenth is literally a shit sounding synth. Even compared to to some free vstis.. you should get yourself some proper monitors before you call people poorfags
>>
>>52045424
Oh I forgot, you're probably too stupid to use a synth like zebra anyway.. Sylenth is perfect for you since you will just browse through your hardwell presets
>>
>>52045392
Moescillator, Had a sensible chuckle at the name.
That looks pretty much a solid base for what you might need, quality aside I seriously doubt you'll even give that a proper use.
>>
I really like serum for an all around synth
however I'm broke and don't know what to use for drums
I like the deep 808s sounds, what can i get that is good freeware, or I guess pirate
>>
>>52045504
You're better off generating your own kick fundamentals. The rest of the 808 sounds are simpler to just sample. Take literally any synth that you can sync the phase position on note trigger and use it to make your fundamental, then just throw a pitched sample in for the high end of it after filtering out the lows.
>>
y'all are wasting your money/time
get on milkytracker

/thread
>>
>>52045504
All things considered though, for most percussion stuff you're better off just getting creative with samples. You don't get much out of making your own percussion sounds for the amount of work you put in, other than learning how to make your own percussion samples. Just grab some samples and play with them to make loops out of it. You'd end up having to filter and process your own samples anyways.
>>
>>52045440
Haha this. Sylenth is for newbs, same as nexus. If you're serious about producing, just buy Komplete. It'll set back you for years. Also: if you have no decent monitoring chain --> time to kill yourself because you'll forever be trash
>>
>>52046193
http://equipboard.com/items/lennar-digital-sylenth1-software-synthesizer

People use sylenth because if you know what you're doing you can make the sound you want in a matter of seconds. The whole "sylenth is trash" meme is the exact same as telling people to install gentoo.
>>
>>52046294
>People use sylenth because if you know what you're doing you can make the sound you want in a matter of seconds.
no it's not bullshit. If you understood a single thing about wavetable generation and filters you would know what a pos sylenth is. especially compared to arturia, u-he, serum etc.. it's a shitty EDM synth which handles presets fast, that's why EDM fags like it because all they do is preset the shit out of their tracks.
>>
>>52046336
*addition: though I have to admit Nexus has an awesome arpeggiator
>>
>>52046336
Generally when such an overwhelming number of professionals use something, it's safe to assume at the very least it's one of the better options available. Also what is with the hatred for presets? Do you actually think anyone patches every single sound they use?
>>
>>>/g/ptg
>>
>>52045757
audionews nignog
>>
>>52046428
>professionals
you call this professional? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfCmoEixxro
>Also what is with the hatred for presets? Do you actually think anyone patches every single sound they use?
I don't care, if it works with you I'm happy for you... but don't talk about sound design and synthesizers when in reality people don't know shit about it.
>>
>>52046603
>I know more about sound design than all of these successful people that make millions as professional musicians.
Also, Animals now has over 700 million views on youtube. Which is more people listening to his music than you will ever have with your "no presets allowed" attitude.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.