[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The trackpad is a useless piece of technology. A serious laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: no fucking trackpad.jpg (26 KB, 380x409) Image search: [Google]
no fucking trackpad.jpg
26 KB, 380x409
The trackpad is a useless piece of technology. A serious laptop should not have one, and instead should be like pic related. I just want an X200 but with a higher resolution screen and new internals for improved performance and battery life.
>>
Is there any way to seriously upgrade a X200?
>>
>>52039731
>I don't like it so nobody else should have it
cry me a river, bitch
>>
Just disable the trackpad then.
>>
track pad with gestures is a useful tool
scrolling is nice

page up/down and arrow keys are slower and less accurate

it's a bad pointing device for sure though
>>
>>52039746
It is objectively inferior for anyone who does any serious work. You should not have to move your hands from the keyboard to move the cursor should you need to.
>>
>>52039757
>muh hand movement
Here we go with that dumbass meme again.

Besides, you have something called wrists and fingers and they're bendable. Ever thought of placing your hands in a way that you don't even really need to reposition your hands at all to move the mouse with a touchpad? Of course not cause you're retarded enough to be bitching about touchpads.
>>
We have OP having reasonable concerns in front of a bunch of apes who love to suck dick. what a thread
>>
>>52039757
You shouldn't do serious work on a laptop. You should be doing light mobile work on a laptop. You should be doing serious work with a serious computer.
>>
>>52039731
So essentially the Carbon X1?

Rip off the crappy anti glare and its essentially the perfect laptop. Aside from its shit house speakers.

Seriously my s6 has better sounding audio...
>>
>>52039887
no we have an autistic sperglord who doesn't realize that no one wants to use shitty thinkpads
>>
is it worth buying a T410 with an i5 for $100?

it only has 2GB of ram but i have ram chillin comfy in a drawer
>>
>>52039898
/thread
>>
>>52039898
I require the mobility of a laptop. A proper laptop these days is a serious computer.
>>
>>52039961
It's a solid machine. Can't go wrong with a cheap used ThinkPad.
>>
>>52040150
What "serious" work do you do on a laptop on the go? I guarantee that you can buy any desktop for much cheaper and it will have better specs than your laptop.
>>
laptops should use trackballs instead they're fucking awesome and if you ever used a decent trackball you would never want to touch a touchpad or any other compromise input device ever again
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.