[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that using Arch gets you more bitches?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Arch.jpg (68 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Arch.jpg
68 KB, 1440x900
Is it true that using Arch gets you more bitches?
>>
Gets you more restraining orders.
>>
Gets you more restraining orders.
>>
No

>Source: I used Arch for 3 years in an attempt to get bitches.
>>
>>52036899
nah senpai, it turns you into a cock-craving bitch
>>
File: 1419632963007.png (470 KB, 402x580) Image search: [Google]
1419632963007.png
470 KB, 402x580
>>52036899
i now get 3 more sex with arch would suggest
>pic related my gf
>>
My gf thought it was cool but now wont touch Linux with a ten foot poll because she thinks Linux is all super complicated compile-your-own-kernel shit
>>
>>52037017
Did she try installing Gentoo?
>>
>>52037003
>Arch
>Gf
>She
No
>>
>>52037003
Claire abbott
Nice try faggot
>>
no it makes you a bitch that wears girls clothes
>>
File: Arch-linux-meme-4-LXLE-linux.jpg (64 KB, 492x611) Image search: [Google]
Arch-linux-meme-4-LXLE-linux.jpg
64 KB, 492x611
Absolutely, pic related.
>>
No. If you want bitches buy a Camaro.
>>
File: mona_lisa800.jpg (74 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
mona_lisa800.jpg
74 KB, 680x510
>>52036899
They must be 2d
>>
I spend 5 years before with my previous gf who saw me acquire my first laptop and becoming an ubuntu babbie.

I am now with my current one for one year. She is seeing me buying a used thinkpad, installing arch on it and probably falling on the mechanical keyboard meme in few months if the desire to own one still persists.

Every time I get in a relationship, I begin a new phase of neckbeardness.

Hope is not lost as long as you stay away from r9k and talk to ladies.
>My "secret" : I cook sweets. First few dates are about spending the afternoon at home making cakes 'n' sweets; then having diner and coffee in fashionable places.
>>
>>52036899
Try improving your social skills
>>
>>52036899
It's true. The Gentoo side. The Arch side. All of it.
>>
>>52038598
Don't do it

Mechanical keyboards a shit
>>
>>52038598
It took you 5 years to make the leap from Ubuntu to Arch? At the rate you're going you'll never install OpenBSD. You need to up your game.
>>
>>52039141
i'm going from debian to openBSD, so i seem to have missed out a step
am i going to be ok?
>>
>>52037017
>but now wont touch Linux with a ten foot pole

my stepdad did this with my mom like 10 years ago and i'm still fucking mad about it

instead of even installing a graphical login he fucking left a post-it with a list of commands to log in with and to start x beside the computer screen

this is a drunk rant sorry
>>
>>52039186
baptism by fire bitch.
>>
File: inverse.jpg (46 KB, 800x781) Image search: [Google]
inverse.jpg
46 KB, 800x781
>>52039206
>>
>>52039108
Why? I tested some in shops but the one I had converged without looking at prices not to be biased was $200+ Realforce. I am considering about doing MX clears instead but I wait for my head to be cold and to had received negative feedback before I make the choice whether spending the money or not.

>>52039141
I just never felt the need to to. I was ending highschool when I had my own laptop. Then ubuntu did it fine for me. I began with gnome 2 back then, then slowly sliding to openbox and i3 as I had my ricing phase. Tried arch on virtual machines but I wasn't feeling the fun so I waited for me to have enough being spoon fed.
I was in a very demanding university, getting busy morning to night so I spent my free time learning C, Maple, Matlab, Python...
I will soon finish my second master degree abroad and this time I have time to neckbeard around as I can use my laptop in all these endless "research progress meetings".

Why would I want to use OpenBSD? I guess I'll be busy again when I'll be an engineer (and not a "IT security" engineer, I'm a microcontroller guy, I like hardware better). I'm likely to settle with something that just werks and that I can fix quickly.
>>
>>52039700
>I'm likely to settle with something that just werks and that I can fix quickly.

Why use Arch at all then? It's legit shit.
>>
>>52039782
It's kind of like a hobby. Plus there is a ton of helping neckbeards around that can help fixing problems.

But to to be honest, I don't like the other Arch users I know. As I take my distances from it, I realize that Ubuntu fixes are like cheap and dirty tape and it is often easier to just delete everything and reinstalling. Note that some arch users won't ever use a GUI tool to do some lazy quick setup as they'd rather modify each lines of the automatically generated config file by hand.
>>
>>52037003
>Pants buttons not aligned with belly button
2/10 might mercy fuck if she begged me
>>
>>52037017
>>52039186
They'd hate it the moment they realize they can't use Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer anyway.
>>
>>52037003
0/10 google image search
>>
>>52039977
bitches don't know about my gig line
>>
That's what greasy virgins actually believe
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.