[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a really old desktop pc running windows xp with far outdated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
I have a really old desktop pc running windows xp with far outdated specs, probably 2003 levels. Looks like pic related (sadly minus the crt). What should I do with it? Is there a good donation service where I can donate all of the hardware for future developments? Or does this thing have a chance of being sold on ebay?
>>
give it to good will, what kind of fucking question is this?
>>
Install windows 98
Play old games
>>
Craigslist > Free stuff section
>>
>>52036006
this
>>
>>52035935
I guess I could do that

>>52036006
Or sell it to somebody who wants to play old games?
>>
>>52036022
You are not supposed to put electronics in the free section of craigslist.
>>
>>52035905
find E waste station in your local city

dump it

its usually free
>>
>>52036323

U serious? Why?
>>
>>52036282
I'd put Gahnoo/Lummocks on it and turn it into a home server. Do you know the exact specs?
>>
>>52036363
The only things that pop up for me is my average dumpster service.

I feel like computer parts could be used for more besides being thrown on in a junk yard. Like someone could recycle them and sell the base materials for production companies.

Anyone know of any services that do that?
>>
>>52036415
Im not sure, all I know is that it has a riced-out 2005 graphics card because I tried to play psychonauts on it as a kid (and it failed). I could probably figure out though if I installed speccy and ran it.
>>
>>52035905
pour acid on your hard drive, dump the rest to homeless people
>>
>>52036730
system restoring alone wont wipe it out?
>>
>>52035905
CL it or donate it? If you don't want it, someone else probably will.

Hell, I need a good XP shitbox for a project.
>>
Record yourself smashing it and upload it to YouTube to piss off autists.
>>
You can either play the "Little Autist" set and plop a custom linux installation on that thing or just donate it.

Specs aren't up to date but I'm fairly sure someone will appreciate it.
>>
>>52035905

retro gaming station
>>
>>52036323

Weak bait or you're retarded.
>>
>>52036761
you can always restore data, no matter how much you try to wipe it
>>
>>52035905
install gentoo, not even joking
>>
>>52036878
Those videos hurt me on the inside as well
>>
>>52035905
Keep the case and build a sleeper pc
>>
>>52035905
>sadly minus the crt

Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.