[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Desktop Speakers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: img_prod2_kugel.jpg (39 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
img_prod2_kugel.jpg
39 KB, 650x350
I'm looking to replace my current speakers, it's just a 2.1 computer set. Since I'm not into mixing, just for music (thrash metal, hard rock) and movies. Will studio monitors be too much for what I want? or should I get some bookshelf speakers? I read that that I need an amp for those

pic related, are this ok for my needs?
>>
LSR305 are the best for the price. No amps to deal with, neutral so they'll sound good with everything, and they go down to 43Hz.

amazon still has 20% off musical stuff.
>>
>>52036366
DAT HISS THO
>>
I'm looking for a more gaming centered set of desktop speakers. I push them fairly hard sometimes and like a bit of boom. Been looking since I have a 100$ amazon gift card. Looking at
-Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500
-Genius SW-G2.1 2000 2.1 Channel 45 Watts RMS Gaming Woofer Speaker System (There is a 5.1 system, but I'm not sure if that is really worth it since I won't be puting them behind me.)
-Logitech Z623
-Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX
I'm looking for something around 100 but I'm willing to add more on top of this gift card.
>>
>>52035091

How loud?
>>
>>52040170
pretty loud. only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud
>>
>>52040392
You might consider horn speakers like the kind made by Klipsch.

And a subwoofer. Good subwoofers can be found used on Craigslist.
>>
>>52040640
a dedicated subwoofer like those Thonet & Vander SW10? and how do i connect them to my pc?
>>
>>52039260
these are all shit. LSR305 has more than enough power and the soundstage/detail will blow away those "gaming" speakers.
>>
>>52040665
>and how do i connect them to my pc?
This is using a DAC with USB

http://i.imgur.com/Z8FMJ.png
>>
>>52041069
Thank you so much. Klipsch speakers are a bit out of my budget right now, audio shit is expensive as hell
>>
>>52040665

According to Amazon reviews of some of their other products, the quality control is not that great.

If you tell me what state or city youre in I can find something in your local craigslist.
>>
>>52041164
Thonet & Vander is from China i believe. There's no craiglist here. What about this? Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
>>
>>52039260

no complaints about the klipsche promedia 2.1's

thinking about buying another set just to take to work with me.
>>
>>52040985
Also, for a pair, twice as much as I was planning on spending. Also, those others have convenient volume hubs that I can plug headphones into, adjust volume etc. Since I will be in game, I can't change volume settings unless it is on the speaker itself. Thus the purpose of "Gaming speakers".
But, those do look good. It is great sometimes when everything is all in one package, but not when you already have two monitors, your netgear wifi transmitter, and your desktop on the desk with you already. So splitting up like having a subwoofer that can sit on the ground, speakers that can be hid away, and a little volume controller to sit on my desk with me, is also very handy.
>>
>>52041295

ProMedia is okay.

Or consider Yamaha YST-SW216BL.
>>
File: 1439836173.jpg (143 KB, 590x558) Image search: [Google]
1439836173.jpg
143 KB, 590x558
What about Presonus' Eris 4.5 studio monitors?
>>
I am planning on buying the Logitech z623s tomorrow, am I making a good decision?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.