[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of the coaxial connections on power strips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 617JSHKId+L._SL1000_.jpg (72 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
617JSHKId+L._SL1000_.jpg
72 KB, 1000x1000
What's the point of the coaxial connections on power strips?
>>
TV nigga.
>>
>>52033360

Filters out digital artifacts for audiophiles.
>>
>>52033360
Its possible to get surges across coaxial I think.

Also I have that particular surge protector bought it from Costco.
>>
To protect your equipment when lightning hits your nigger ass antenna
>>
>>52033549
>>52033588
Wouldn't having your TV plugged in to a power plug work too?
>>
they were designed by the NSA - plugging into these is directly giving the NSA ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION
>>
>>52033623
Clappers don't have fused Plugs. So no.
>>
>>52033360
>>52033380
Prevents a power surge in coax from frying your TV

this actually happens in states with shitty power

pro tip: it also prevents you from watching most of your premium cable channels.
>>
>>52033678
Will also kill your internet if it's coming in over coax.
>>
>>52033660
Because our houses all have circuit breakers that you can easily reset when they trip.
Britbongs need to get out of the stone age.
>>
>>52033781
We too have breakers.
As well as fused plugs.
Sometimes, fuses in the appliance themselves, because why the fuck not?
>>
my retarded ISP was to blame when they fried my rj45 ports of my router. everything i have is grounded, but guess what! the rj45 that comes into my house from their retarded equipment (which was also friend) wasn't. the guy who came to fix it also said this cable wasn't even shielded (ftp vs utp). anyway, now i have fiber so it's not a problem

enjoy having your tv fried through coax if your provider is a moron
>>
television or cable modems
>>
>>52033882
Should have sued for Threat to life.
Claiming the shorted router could have started a fire.
>>
Lmao senpai desu I have that Same powerstrip nigga
>>
>>52033912
they did the same to my entire street, it seems
lady at the local store saw my new router in a box and mentioned that she also got a new one because the same shit happened to her
>>
>>52033972
Class Action.
All the better.

Might we ask who your ISP was/is?
>>
>>52033360
fuckin electrons man
how do they work?
>>
>>52033795
We too sometimes have fuses in the plugs and appliances
>>
>>52034015
Take note of the "sometimes"
If you're going to implement a feature for the sake of safety, make it a standard so that everyone adheres to it, all the time.

Not only the lack of requied fusing, the fact that Clapper plugs get pulled out of the wall so easily is concerning, especially when not all sockets/plugs are Earthed to prevent sparking.

Of all the things that US presidents need to do. It's implement a new fucking Electrical system. or atleast make a push for safer sockets.
>>
>>52033795
>Sometimes, fuses in the appliance themselves, because why the fuck not?

>>52034062
>Take note of the "sometimes"
>If you're going to implement a feature for the sake of safety, make it a standard so that everyone adheres to it, all the time.

Nice contradiction. There is always a fuse box, and many devices have internal fuses, the rarest of the three is the in plug fuse, and when you've already got 1-3+ fuses and/or breakers, sure you could have it but it's not exactly necessary for everything.

Also don't forget GFCI outlets
>>
>>52034166
Fuse in the appliance is entirely redundant once there is a fuse in the plug. Vice Versa. But it's still nice to have both, because Why the fuck not?

The point I was trying to make in saying that is that Fusing the plug is a standard in the UK.
Fused appliances you only ever see if it exported from a country that has fused appliances as a standard, and they have simply tacked on a bonger plug with a fuse for sale in the UK.
>>
>>52034062

>Of all the things that US presidents need to do. It's implement a new fucking Electrical system. or atleast make a push for safer sockets.

Have you seen the electrical system in the White House?

Pass!
>>
>>52033882
Wouldn't you need a shielded patch cable for the ground charge to transfer to your equipment. Why the fuck did you use a shielded cable?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.