[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many external HDD do you own? Which brand would you recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
How many external HDD do you own?
Which brand would you recommend / avoid?
>>
external ssd is where the meme is at
hdd is old and deprecated
>>
>>52030292
currently, none
i have a couple of cases lying around and probably some old HDDs as well

>tfw externals are cheaper than internals
>buy tons of external drives, take HDDs out, put in server
>>
>>52030570
But pretty much all of them are soldered
>>
>>52030292
Avoid Toshiba Canvio if you intend to use it externally. However if you are looking for an internal bulk storage drive, it's good to consider. You probably won't find an internal 3TB as cheap. The drive itself is perfectly good. It's the SATA to USB adapter that sucks on it.

Just remember when you open the enclosure your warranty is voided, and theres no way to open it without permanatly damaging that enclosure. Also be careful opening it. It's not immediately obvious how, and it would be really easy to slice your hand open trying.
>>
>>52030599
never seen a soldered one. bought both WD and seagate, they were just regular HDDs with a USB adapter on the SATA/power ports
>>
>>52030292
i buyed a seagate but i never even used it that much lol
>>
I had a 1tb toshiba external.
Dropped it once and it died.
>>
>>52030292
idk if anyone with wd has this problem...
so, i use wd unlock, right? (not the problem, heh)
say i unlock the drive, and eject the disk thru software.
the hdd begins blinking its indicator, which apparently means it's ready to be ejected. great. but sometimes, if i go back to.. *ahem* finder, and click something in the sidebar, the drive will start up again and the light will go back to solid. but it's still 'ejected'. and so when i physically unplug it i hear the disk stop spinning with a little electronic 'squeal'. i hate when that happens. why can't the damn thing just stay off until i unlock it again? at that point i can't even go back to unlock it, it says it's 'already unlocked' but there's no-the-heck-way to get back to the file list without unplugging and re-plugging in. hate that shit. feel like its killing my drive. i dont wna walk on eggshells with my goddamn external drive i wanna TOSS IT AROUND a bit u feel me?
>>
>>52031388
I feel ya bruh
I dont even wat u sayan thrugh bra
>>
>>52030292
I don't own any.
I bought one 2.5 adaptor and stick any drive I can find in it.
>>
dont buy seagaytes and end up loosers like most of /g/ who bought it.
>>
File: adata_2tb_usb_3_0_4.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
adata_2tb_usb_3_0_4.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
>>52030292
I have an adata 2TB HDD. It's pretty nice so far.
>>
FUCK YOU GOD DAMN FUCK FACE FAMILY I WANT TO LOVE YOUR COCK
>>
buy an external enclosure that supports UASP and isn't poorly made and put in whatever 2.5" drive you need

the only way to get it right
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.