[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/njnmXL How'd I do /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/njnmXL

How'd I do /g/?
>>
I assume you already have a case:
Nothing immediately bad jumps out to me. It seems fine.
>>
Good GPU choice. Has HDMI 2.0 and HEVC decoding. Power supply could be better, "Gold" doesn't say shit except for efficiency (get something mid-range Corsair if you want to stay cheap). AMD is decent at this price point.
>>
addendum:
>Budget:
$600
>Looking to:
Play modern games on high/ultra graphics with 60fps at 1440 by 900. I want to get maximum performance on Dota 2 and be able to play Fallout 4, Witcher 3, etc. I also want to be able to stream, say Dark Souls 2, and make videos and music.
>Side notes:
The hard drive was free and I have it laying around from a mining machine, it has linux on it, which I want to use as my main OS (most likely with gentoo), but I also want to play video games and use my current 200gb HDD for that purpose with Windows 7.
>More side notes:
I have Sennheiser HD 558s and V-MODA Crossfade LP 2s, would it be worth it to buy a special soundcard, or not?
>>
>>52028498
Yes I have a case.
>>52028514
I looked it up and I need 497 watts (before multiple hard drives, difference is negligible anyway) the 600 watt corsair is a few more dollars for bronze standard.

Comes out to $556.69 from Amazon.
>>
File: Capture.png (20 KB, 461x360) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20 KB, 461x360
>>52028535
I have the exact same amount of ram, gpu and resolution.

Witcher 3 wont run at above 30 fps with hairworks on which to me was disappointing as a expected to be able to run it all highest settings. Maybe a driver update will come alone to save the day. Given that it's nvidia I expect the opposite to happen.

Fallout 4 seems to be running fine which it was better optimised.

My build was originally going to be an APU build so, yeah.
>>
>>52028535
>would it be worth it to buy a special soundcard, or not?
>ALC887 on the motherboard
Most probably yes. The ALC887 is about the lowest-end Realtek chip still in production for desktop systems. You really don't get good audio out of it. I recommend a
>Asus Xonar DGX
with these drivers:
>http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/
Costs next to nothing and the custom Windows drivers are alright. Hope this helps.
>>
>500gb hdd
for 20 dollar more you get 4 times that storage

other than that, seems fine for low-medium budget gaming pc. maybe an aftermarket cooler because the stock cooler will scream at you when on load
>>
>>52028729
Thanks, I will look into it.
>>
>>52028729
I just want to add, before the audiofools come in and complain about needing a sound card:

The ALC887 has such a poor noise level (which is the noise added to analog output in digital to analog conversion) that it can distort audio.

You have two options really, which is to get a better motherboard with at least the ALC892 or get a sound card.

The current line-up of Realtek chips in order from good to actually bad enough that it shits up audio:

ALC1150 > ALC889 > ALC892 > ALC887

There's a bunch of others and laptop-specific chips, but this is about it.
>>
>>52028918
But would getting a better motherboard even be worth it performance wise? All I need is to fit a few hdds on it.
>>
>>52028994
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130790
This is only a few bucks extra for the currently best Realtek audio chip (ALC1150) and has 6 SATA ports.

This way you don't have to get a 30 dollar sound card.
>>
wtf is rebate?
>>
>>52029086
Where you receive whatever amount the rebate offer is offering you on the condition that you buy at full listed retail price.
>>
>>52029113
why not just sell at lower price?
they are hoping that somebody will forget about rebate?
>>
>>52029176

That is exactly what they want. As a non burger the entire mail-in rebate thing is utterly confusing and convulted.
>>
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/kBxZVn

i'm taking a shot in the dark with this
>>
File: 1447950133013.png (42 KB, 500x1090) Image search: [Google]
1447950133013.png
42 KB, 500x1090
>>52030012

Spend those few dollarydoos more and get a 370 - it will severely outperform a 750ti.
>>
>>52030082
thanks family
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.