[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need full HD camcorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: film-production.jpg (198 KB, 1600x933) Image search: [Google]
film-production.jpg
198 KB, 1600x933
>tl;dr I am looking to get into filming and editing music videos.
>looking for basically the cheapest respectable full hd camera
what do I mean by that?

basically the lowest on the bar to shoot a high quality music video without the type of budget high end artists / producers my have.

Between my group of friends I have a passionate and locally successful rap artist, a friend who is passionate and skilled about music producing (which I am too), a friend who is passionate (but does not have the money for) directing (he has a lot of story boarded movies for the sake of practice). We already have a skilled producer and I've lost my passion for being an artist but I would like to start filming for my buddy.

your help is greatly appreciated as I am in the very beginning stages of learning film equipment.
>>
>>52028354
bump
>>
>>52028354
Buy a canon rebel, t2i at the worst
>>
Why dont you ask the guys at the board titeled "photography"?
>>
You faggots are insufferable. Watches, dedicated mp3 players, fucking HD CAMCORDERS. For fuck's sake, just use your god damned smartphone you already got and carry around everywhere. There's no need to have all this junk around when you have everything in one sleek casing. Stop acting like a sperg and use brains.
Jesus.
>>
>>52028499
hey you are probably right, my mistake. /g/ is my go-to board for just about any sort of tech hardware but i guess there is a niche here huh.

>>52028491
i'll look into it thanks for the reply
>>
>>52028491
as someone who does this kind of thing for a living, seriously just get a t2i (550d if you aren't american/fat) because it you will not get anything better for anywhere close to that price.
>>
>>52028698
what are the necessary lenses and mounts for a music video environment? no need for microphones as audio will be layed over the footage and lighting is pretty self explanatory / based on the mood youre looking for
>>
>>52028753
Not him but just use a kit lens (the basic lens that usually comes with the camera, usually an 18-55mm) with IS (image stabilization, also works for video). If you have a bit more money you could go for a lens with STM, this means that a stepper motor drives the focus so, instead of having to switch between manual and auto focus with a physical switch, you can just grab the focus ring in auto focus mode and adjust it manually (there are also lenses with ultrasonic motors which do this but they're much more expensive).

If your budget allows, you might be better off just buying the camera body and getting the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM separately.
>>
>>52028793
im looking to spend 2,000$ between the camera and necessary equipment (moving mounts for stable dynamic scenes, lighting and batteries / chargers) with upgrades as I see revenue coming in from my recording artist with an end game being a full portfolio and contract with major film company and/or a high end film business to be contracted by artists / directors.
>>
>>52028850
You can get budget electric gimbals for under $500 from China and a T6i for under $600 with the aforementioned STM 18-55mm. That would form a reasonably solid foundation for filming.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.