[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucking fell for it I seriously did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: SSD.jpg (39 KB, 620x340) Image search: [Google]
SSD.jpg
39 KB, 620x340
I fucking fell for it

I seriously did
>>
Cool story, brother
>>
fall on a dick
>>
>10 second boot time
>Load screens are half the time
Feelsgood.man
>>
Fell for what?
>>
>>52028185
Shit I laughed.

>>52028042
And its fantastic.

Had a noisy as fuck WD Black. SSD runs faster, loads programs faster, installs them faster, and the only sounds from the case is a case fan that is very quiet.

I rarely restart so I don't notice the boot time, but it was worth it for the quiet alone nevermind the speed boost.
>>
>>52028187
>Turning off your PC
>>
>>52028523
unless you've thrown a few hundred into your computer to get
1. new haswell/broadwell/skylake chip
2. new motherboard to go with them
3. a power supply that supports the low power c states
you should be turning your computer off to save money.

And even in that case, you've spent more money upgrading your rig than it would have cost to just keep your computer off for 8-10 hours while you sleep.
You fucking neet.
>>
>he doesn't want fast load times in mmorpg
>he doesn't want fast windows boot

stay pleb
>>
I enjoy loading more than one program at a time.
>>
>>52028042
Yeah, Samsung may have pretty fast drives but they've been a boatload of fucking issues from the start.
>>
>>52028201
Faster computer meme. Everyone knows a computer is better with a slow HDD .
>>
>>52028042
Holy shit what a fucking retard. Enjoy your meme speed.
>>
File: jordie.gif (1 MB, 263x317) Image search: [Google]
jordie.gif
1 MB, 263x317
>fall for the 850 evo meme
>throw my OS's and a couple MMOs on it
>no complaints at all
>>
>>52029079
>fall for the 850 evo meme (250gb if it matters)
>~15 sec boot time for windows 7
>witcher 3 load times are shorter i guess, but still long as fuck
>dota 2 load times are not changed at all
not impressed to be honest family
>>
>>52028042
now buy a second one and put them in raid0
>>
after that linux bug our datacenter threw out at least 100 of those
only samsung ssds were affected
samsung ssd never again
>>
File: Feels-bad-man.jpg (33 KB, 360x349) Image search: [Google]
Feels-bad-man.jpg
33 KB, 360x349
>Fall for the 850 maymay
>Normally i could take a shit in the load time
>Now i can't even walk to the toilet which is a 1,5 meter walk

I miss those pisses after work
>>
>>52029156
You have to wait for russians with ide drives anyway in dota. But did install drive magician and check your firmware?
>>
>>52028638
>playing mmorpg in 2015
>calling others pleb
>>
>>52029156
i have the exact same, 250gb

I dont use my win 10 parition much, but it boots in about 10 seconds. I'm more impressed by file transfer and opening speeds. Backing up and compile/install times are much faster.

WoW also loads in 4 seconds
>>
>>52028523
>Implying it makes a difference

I've been turning all the PC's I've ever owned on and off for the past 13 years and to this day have no experienced any issues. That's the real meme here.
>>
>>52029156

you fuckwits.

game load times are usually never better.

heck even the samsung m.2 Pro with 2500mb read dont have any better load times than the 550mb read sata ssds.

ssd vs mechanical drive is mostly to solve latency.

when you open chrome its fucking instant compared to a mechanical drive that takes much much longer to actually start up and find the sector where the data is stored.

sustained read and writes is beneficial mostly when you copy shit or open large files with Photoshop.

oh and Photoshop load times is godly with a good ssd.
>>
>>52028523

>not using FDE
>not caring about your security
>>
File: Samsung SM951.jpg (67 KB, 492x437) Image search: [Google]
Samsung SM951.jpg
67 KB, 492x437
>he didn't get an m.2 drive

enjoy being limited to 550mb read, poorfag. regular ssds have indeed become a meme with the release of nvme drives
>>
>>52029346
>But did install drive magician and check your firmware?
no, why?
>>
>>52029156
I have three raid 0 mechanical
Boot time 4.8 sec
>>
>>52029598
>game load times are usually never better.

what fucking planet do you live on
>>
>>52029758
Had a firmware update for my 850 evo, could improve your load times.
>>
>>52028187
>Rebooting your computer
>Being a gaem playing manchild
>>
>>52029303
>lincucks
you fell for a meme, just not the ssd one
>>
>>52030235
>stop doing things i dont do
>>
>>52028042
OP, your Seagate 5400 RPM HDD is awaiting for you. The unmatched speed, silent, powersaving operation, ungodly responsiveness and dat reliability.

Be masterrace once again.
>>
>>52028187
>10 second boots
Why would I want to downgrade?
>>52030729
>>
>>52029598
are you on crack? you dumbfuck.

Contradicted yourself in your own post too. You fucking pleb.

ITT: poorfags and dole fags who don't have a fucking clue.
>>
>>52028042
you think tech is only advertised on the shit youtube circle of linuc,tekfag and harware bitch.
>>
I assume Im missing something here. What's the issue with shutting down a computer?
>>
>>52031533
TurboNEETs leave their computer on at all times because they're tormenting and/or need to check their anime imageboards constantly.
>>
>>52028042
hah! enjoy your ultra fast loading times you pleb! should have got 5400rpm HDD!.

seriously though they are great, bank firms that i set up the network for now use SSD. They are reliable and you can predict when they will fail. I'm slowing converting to sad. had one since 2013 and still runs
>>
Boot time doesn't include post right?
>>
>>52031706
No idea how these other guys are measuring it, but I built a computer with a Crucial SSD and a Haswell i7 for a friend last year. The POST process takes longer than booting Windows and loading the desktop afterwards.
>>
File: 950.jpg (62 KB, 681x341) Image search: [Google]
950.jpg
62 KB, 681x341
>>52028042

I was falling for it.

But then, pic related appeared.

Awaiting for me to get meme'd anew
>>
Holy shit so much autism here it's unreal

Three Toshiba Q Pro's in RAID 0 for page file, scratch and games. Games have noticeably less stuttering and pop in, SSD's are more reliable if you mostly only do reads and use a platter for storage.

Fucking guys just folder sync target folders on your SSD and have it back up nightly to a proper RAID 1/5 setup with at least three drives.

Hard drives are so cheap now that if you can afford to surf this fucking place you can save to ensure no data loss and glorious throughout for intensive disk tasks like Premiere Pro, Lightroom/PS, etc.

Fucking basement dwellers don't do shit so they don't even see the difference.

Stay cucked /g/
>>
>>52029315
kek, this hits home
>>
File: 20151224_133436.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151224_133436.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
Literally came today in the mail
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.