[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>battery performance improves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1441732459214.jpg (51 KB, 604x550) Image search: [Google]
1441732459214.jpg
51 KB, 604x550
>QUICK
>MAKE THE DEVICE THINNER
>ALSO, MAKE THE PHONE HAVE 4K
>OH AND ALSO STUFF MORE E-NANNIES INTO IT THAT DRAIN EVEN MORE POWER

>battery lifetime back on par with previous phone generation
>>
>>52026384
u ok?
>>
>>52026384

Go to your containment board doofus
>>
>>52026384
>then release a battery case that is thicker than the phone but contains a smaller battery than the phone
>and looks like a tumor
>>
>>52026384
>>battery lifetime back on par with previous phone generation
so it's better?
>>
>he wants more than a day battery life
literally for what purpose
>>
>>52026611
What board?
>>
you say that like these things aren't driven by the market. try selling a flagship-model phone that doesn't have the newest, freebleeding-edge "technology" and you'll see your entire market share eaten up by other companies who weren't as scrupulous and played to the desires of the consumers more effectively
>>
>>52026802
One day peoples' credit cards will start declining and they'll stop buying the latest meme phones.
>>
>>52026776
He forgot he's already on /g/
>>
Call me crazy, but I need NEED my phone to last without charging only from 10 AM when I get up to 8 PM when I get home. 10 hours.
If I'm going out, or expect heavy usage, external battery packs are literally 15 bucks.

I think it's entirely acceptable for manufacturers to design their products based around a single day's use. Most everyone returns home every day and can charge their phone.

For what reason do you actually need your phone to last more than 24 hours?
>>
>>52027446
>For what reason do you actually need your phone to last more than 24 hours?
Emergencies.
>>
>>52027472
Anon, you have to have been catastrophIcally irresponsible with your phone if you don't have enough battery to call 911 (or your national equivalent) at any point during your day. Of course it won't last if you're playing games or using the screen all day.

There's only 2 major charging port standards, currently: Micro USB and Lightning, literally everyone you know at work, school, or even strangers at a cafe have a 50% chance of having a cable you can borrow to get a quick partial charge off if shit hit the fan.
>>
>>52027614
>emergencies only encompass the need to call 911
>>
>>52027668
> quotes the vague concept of an "emergency"
> criticizes me for giving a typical response to a vague emergency, i.e. Calling 911

In the course of a typical day, the average person is given ample time to"top off" their battery, such as lunch breaks our just a free outlet at your job. Why would you pass up these opportunities?

With people wanting 1080p screens, fast performance, and a constant connection to a worldwide network, I don't think it's unreasonable to be expected to charge it at least once a day.
>>
>>52027752
Because we live in a world where things happen.

I'm not going to tether my phone to something so that it will always be charged just in case there's an earthquake and suddenly I won't have access to anything.
>>
Dumbphones win again!
>>
>>52027472
>>52027614
>>52027803

turbo 2 lasts 2 days and change, regular use
>>
>>52026752

I wish. My old Env2 could last a month of moderate use on a single charge. If they built a smartphone with that kind of stamina It'd be the greatest device on the planet.
>>
>>52027446
>For what reason do you actually need your phone to last more than 24 hours?
convenience
traveling

there is no excuse for phones to be so shit, I have 20 year old laptops that last longer on AAs than a fucking iP6
>>
>>52027781
>I want my phone to always be ready for any emergency
>I'm not going to make any effort to be prepared for any emergency
>>
>>52026384
Dumb kitten poster

> Processors get better at energy consumption every year
> Batteries are the same shit from 5 years ago
> you must choose between same last gen performance for a small improvement on battery life
> or get the same battery life but much better performance

more performance > small battery life improvement

> "muh thinner maymay"

Thinner = better.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>52027915
I'm not going to walk around everywhere with three days worth of water, food and backup power on me.

I'd like a phone that would last at least three on it's own.
>>
File: 1450876321474.jpg (99 KB, 472x705) Image search: [Google]
1450876321474.jpg
99 KB, 472x705
>>52027924
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.