[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw replacing all tubelights and CFLs with 15W LED lights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
>tfw replacing all tubelights and CFLs with 15W LED lights which are even brighter and consume even less energy

Fuck this is a good comfy feel, why haven't you moved on to LED lighting? Do you use heated tungsten lights like an ape?
>>
fluorescent lamps are cheap and illuminate nicely
if I wanted to use as little energy as possible I'd use LED's
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 750x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 750x714
>>52025204
>turning on the lights
Just get yourself a good led flashlight faggot
>>
>>52025204
>Fuck this is a good comfy feel, why haven't you moved on to strobe lighting?
i like my eyes
>>
>bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>52025568
>>52025571
only cheap chink lights do this
quality ones don't flicker and last awhile
>>
>>52025584
nope, inherent flaw of the technology
LED strobes
>>
Systematically moving over to LEDs
>>
>>52025598
Don't buy cheap shit ones and you're fine.
>>
>>52025571
if you buy 5$ chinese lights, you deserve that, they aren't even that bright and dont last long
Buy some good ones from Phillips or other reputable manufacturer
>>
>>52025204
>why haven't you moved on to LED lighting?
I have. You're the one who is late.
>>
>>52025204
candle general here
>>
>>52025204
I have an edison bulb, CFL, LED, and halogen light all in my room at the same time. I use each one for a different purpose, and it's the ultimate comfy feeling.
>>
>>52025624
doesn't have anything to do with cheapness or country of origin
if it's LED, it's strobing

100% coverage lampshades can help mask the problem, but that's horrible for the heat problems caused by needing to strobe at a higher hz

really flawed technology for household lamps
with pot lights they are so-so since there's so many of them going at once, but a two or three lamp room is pure eye cancer with LED bulbs strobing
>>
>>52025681
Lol what?
EE here and I work for an led manufacture in San Jose. Why would led strobe?
>>
>>52025714
You're an embarrassment to EEs
>>
>>52025714
Alternating current tends to do that. You should know... Even with filter capacitors, there's a visible flicker when it's not of a high capacitance. I really doubt you're an EE.
>>
>>52025714
gee i wonder, surely they couldn't just be stepping down the AC voltage and feeding that to the LED's, could they?

not even an EE
>>
>>52025714
>EE here
>>
>>52025204
Switched over to 1500 lumen LEDs in most of my lights. Feels good man.
>>
>>52025748
If theres enough ripple to cause the led to flicker, then youre using shit tier tech. Ive never noticed pwm, flickering, or strobing in any led lights i own, except for one which was 1.50$ for 2 on ebay. So unless it's shit tier, youll be fine.
>>
>>52025766
No, they convert to DC and then use a constant current buck regulator.
>>
>>52025748

>EE here

>I'm almost done with first semester!
>>
>>52025204
>tfw the city replaced comfy yellow colour streetlight with shitty 6500k led.
>>
>>52025204
I got some cheap Walmart brand ones to trial in my kitchen first as I never turn that light off. So far they've been going for 4-5 months without issues.
>>
>>52025748
Which is why you buy good lights with constant current driver chips. No (visible) flicker.
>>
>>52025204
I got a bunch of branded led replacements for my house about 2 years ago, 1 started to flicker but the rest are still going strong.
One thing I did notice though is it introduced a significant amount of noise on the wiring all over my house. kinda fucked up my powerline adapters and I had to move my garage door sensor closer to the door to get a signal.
but overall pretty happy.
>>
>>52025766
The good drivers rev up the AC to several kilohertz, then convert it into DC, so that even with a small capacitor they can smooth the waveform enough
>>
File: 1443823103825.gif (1 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1443823103825.gif
1 MB, 245x280
>>52025714
>EE here

lol no
>>
>>52025598
They do make dimmable ones that don't flicker. That goes for led backlight displays as well.
>>
>>52025714

>EE here

EE here.

You're no EE.

t. EE.
>>
>>52025625
Nigga, I spent double what I would have on a CFL and I still hear that damn buzz.
>>
File: otacon2.jpg (305 KB, 915x1140) Image search: [Google]
otacon2.jpg
305 KB, 915x1140
E.E?
>>
>not going with graphene bulbs
Full pleb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3017900/Graphene-light-bulbs-sale-year-generation-energy-efficient-bulbs-10-longer-LEDS.html
>>
>>52025950
>The good drivers rev up the AC to several kilohertz, then convert it into DC, so that even with a small capacitor they can smooth the waveform enough
This
What the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
File: 14331930833849.png (594 KB, 564x611) Image search: [Google]
14331930833849.png
594 KB, 564x611
The LED lamps I got so far produce really odd light compared to oldschool bulbs.

Everything is well illuminated but the colors inside the room are really odd.
A little like those that monochromatic light you have in street lights.
Most colors just get dark and dull on everything.

Don't know which LED lamps to buy to finally get awesome light and not that sickening fake light.
>>
>>52026223
What you need is 'warm' LED lights
Some folks get headaches and nausea from pure white lights so they prefer to use slightly (but not too) yellowish lights. Just search 'warm LED lamp' on ebay or anywhere and you'll be fine
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.