[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /g/ opinion on this guy ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 15
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 191x264
What is /g/ opinion on this guy ?
>>
I think Tesla is a pretty cool guy. eh builds cars and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
grudgy beta fag
>>
I would be okay if he tried to take over the world bond-villain-style
>>
File: 39590351_p0.jpg (278 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
39590351_p0.jpg
278 KB, 900x900
Literally Steve Jobs 2.0. Nothing he does is new or innovative, but libertarians always jack him off as some kind of savior of humankind.

>SpaceX

Literally spending billions to shoot rockets into the sky. What are they even trying to accomplish? But redditors jack it off anyways because "muh carl sagan, muh star trek"

>Tesla

Same thing, its just cars with batteries. We've had this for decades. Fuck, cars powered solely by solar energy has been a thing since at least the 90s.

Basically, all this guy does is take other people's inventions, put on a fancy brand and rakes in the money and fanbois.
>>
>>52024822
unlike jobs, he's an actual engineer
>>
>>52024822
>>52024885
And he isn't so sissy slut.
>>
>>52024722
I don't care strongly about the work of either of his two major companies right now, but maybe that'll change in the future since I haven't really researched either of them.

Anyways, I do find it intriguing how he's managed to accomplish so much and juggle so many tasks. He's CEO of both companies, and CTO of spacex as well. He spends 2.5 days a week at each company and also spends time with his 5 kids every week. He was married 3 times. I wonder he this guys lives his life everyday. What goes on in his head.
>>
>>52024921
*** how, not he
>>
All you idiots forget that this man was the engineer behind Paypal.

Literally he's a fucking genius just for that. And he doesn't give a duck and risks it all for what he believes in.

To me that makes him breddy gud.
>>
File: 1435508817655.jpg (634 KB, 2000x1275) Image search: [Google]
1435508817655.jpg
634 KB, 2000x1275
>>52024722
my opinion is that he used to be bald.
>>
>>52024722
He talks out of his ass a lot regarding AI, and Americans love him because he's a degenerate gambler.
>>
>>52024976
Keep looking for short comings in agreater men. We all think you are amazing
>>
>>52024722
a literal god
>>
>>52024722
S O C I O P A T H
>>
>>52024822
typical useless cartoonshit neet loser post
>>
>>52024822
This has to be bait.
>>
>>52024946
Uhh he didn't engineer shit. He was CEO, he's a businessman.
>>
>>52024722
who?
>>
He's taking money and pouring it into developing useful technology.

That's a good thing.
>>
>>52025049
Your a ducking idi0t. He literally built paypal, which is why he was the ceo when they became a buisness.

Your forgetting paypal wasnt always monster of a company

It was a start up, aND he did the majirony of the work, both on the buisness side and the digital.
>>
Living embodiment of the power of the free market.
>>
>>52024722
walking proof hair transplant is the ideal fix
>>
>>52025099
Actually he literally didn't. He didn't even start PayPal, his company bought PayPal.
>>
File: 9.jpg (59 KB, 530x376) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
59 KB, 530x376
>>52024722
>>
He's a good businessman who's managed to pass himself off as a visionary engineer. He tends to make bullshit claims that sound profound, new, or possible to normal people, who then repeat it to everybody else.
>>
>>52024722
Living proof that subhuman honkey cracker jizzmops suffer from a disease which causes them an insatiable greed for consuming and harvesting resources, it was them who started the industrial revolution, which led to a massive loss of biodiversity AND the eventual destruction of our planet thanks to climate change.

Now this fucker and his gang of billionaire crooks want to steal a bunch of resources from space (even after stealing already a good part of the resources of earth!), which I, do not doubt will be employed to create a huge space station which only the rich will be able to afford, while the earth abruptly dies and we rot in it.

Why are whites so subhuman and greedy? It's a concept I cannot wrap around my head, at least other cultures considered as "lesser" had a good balance with nature, and cherished many values in their culture which promoted treating nature with the due respect. Fuck this guy, technology and civilization was a mistake.
>>
>>52025140
No you ducking wanker. He created X.Com which then became paypal you ducking cuckold. All he did was buy customers from a different online banking system which was still nothing like or even remotely Close to what paypal is
>>
>>52025237
Retard he literally bought PayPal. He didn't create anything.
>>
>>52025186
Go jack off to Chinese cartoons hippy. Duck your earth, what's the point if you can't exploit it for your own gain when we are only alive for so little
>>
>>52024822
>SpaceX
Extremely close orbit satellites they're guessing the ping would be 15 ms. time will tell, also because man into space and all that, also NASA wants to start contracting which could become a business for this guy.
>Tesla
Attempting to bring electric cars into the market by destroying the image of it being a little boxy VW bug clone with only 10 miles per charge and a 0-60 of 20 minutes,
also comes with stations that allow you to charge your car for free.
Apparently hes pissing someone off because they keep trying to higher his people out from under him.
Also a leader in home solar.
Have you considered google/duckduckgo/bing?
I'm not one who cars about personality or figureheads, but the dude is pushing allot of stuff.
>>
>>52025300
Are you ducking mental? Are you ducking kidding me right now??????is this the daily ducking autism thread!!!???
>>
>>52025324
Sounds like you can't handle the truth.
>>
>>52025186
>Why are whites so subhuman and greedy?

Truth is without whites we wouldn't even be in space right now. Whether or not you think it's morally a good thing is up to you, however there's no question that whites have pushed this planet to technological acceleration unlike any other race.
>>
>>52025334
Duck this shifty board and this stupid ignorant community you're all a bunch of ducks
>>
>>52025365
*Quack*
>>
File: carlsagancosmos.jpg (57 KB, 646x536) Image search: [Google]
carlsagancosmos.jpg
57 KB, 646x536
>>52024722

It's only a matter of time before he begins his quest to mine asteroids,
along with pumping out satellites to provide internet for the planet (an actual plan).
>>
>>52024822
Pretty much this. Just like Jobs he doesn't actually make anything, he just sucks the money out of everyone.
>>
>>52025305
>he doesn't see anything wrong with the fact that billionaire whites are consuming all of our resources for a short lived economic gain
Where do you presume your children, or the children of your children will live? Isn't it counter-intuitive and selfish to deny the future of humanity a proper quality of life on earth simply because you were ensnared into supporting consumerism by people who only seek economic gain?

We are one of the first generations of humans who are solely responsible for how the world turns out to be in the future, given the recent technological progress, I do not think that the future of humanity will appreciate us, or our actions.
>>
File: Elonsexydancing.webm (256 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Elonsexydancing.webm
256 KB, 1920x1080
>>52024822
>>
File: elonmuskhappening.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
elonmuskhappening.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>52025448
>>
>>52025448
grill on right would get it hard
>>
File: 1450747812813.gif (186 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1450747812813.gif
186 KB, 400x307
>>52025459
>>
>>52024735
Lel
>>
>>52025438
You think to highly of humans. We are just animals.
>>
>>52025186
poo
>>
File: download (2).jpg (23 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
23 KB, 300x168
>>52026263
>>
>>52025438

ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah
>>
>>52024822
>Literally spending billions to shoot rockets into the sky. What are they even trying to accomplish? But redditors jack it off anyways because "muh carl sagan, muh star trek"
getting people of this damned rock is humanity only choice for prolonged survival, it should be a moral imperative of advanced nations to try and colonize space, but fuck that right?, we need to keep that nuclear arsenal in case we might want to extinguish the human race faster.
>>
>>52026351
>nuclear boogeyman
Post discarded.
>>
>>52026263
You must be over 18 to post on this board.
>>
>>52025473

Requesting more like this please

I work at tesla and want to slip these into supply cabinets and similar
>>
>>52025438
>Where do you presume your children, or the children of your children will live?
literally who?

>having children
>prolonging this cancerous species
>>
>>52026527
you can't print an animated gif anon
>>
He knows how to get shit done. He has good stratergies to penetrate markets. Like releasing the power wall in Australia first for instance. Wouldn't be surprised if the cars have some issue in time with reliability and safety, but they will get though it.

I personally don't want a 17" touchscreen as my car dash though. shitty UI on it as well. Hopefully the model III is a bit more practical
>>
>>52024822
>Literally spending billions to shoot rockets into the sky. What are they even trying to accomplish? But redditors jack it off anyways because "muh carl sagan, muh star trek"

i will take the bait. the public at large isn't exactly cumming in their pants over governmental space programs, and haven't for a long time now. private sector development is at this point our biggest chance at seeing any meaningful, actionable progress in space. ultimately we will run out of resources on earth if we don't collectively off ourselves beforehand. the literal only logical progression for the continuation of humankind's survival as a species is finding a way to shoot little human sperm-men across the galaxy and/or finding and sending resources back home to earth.

yeah, for a while it's probably just going to be a service for rich people who want to vacation on the moon or mars and host private alien fuckfests in their little spacebubbles or whatever. this is really just funding for the actual goal of, you know, saving human-kind.

say what you want about elon musk but the work he's doing is actually pretty fucking important.
>>
He is one of the heroes of humanity. If we still made stories around the campfire he would be the main character in his own epic.
>>
File: 1413358426756.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1413358426756.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>52026553

you can at tesla. it's like, tesla coils, and like... science... bro
>>
>>52024822
His cars perform phenomenally better than other electric cars
>>
>>52026643
There are asteroids that aren't all that far away from Earth('s orbit around the sun) that have billions of tons of mineable material in them too.

Practically on our back door is trillions worth of resources. Why wouldn't we want to invest billions?
>>
>>52026553

A single frame would do, but I'd have to go to kinkos since my printer's only in black and white.

I was also thinking of making a little flipbook.

searching "elon musk swag" and "elon musk meme" just turns up a bunch of reddit-tier shit. Open to suggestions for search tems.
>>
Fraud that is standing on the shoulders of the engineering and scientific 'giants' he employs (and by all accounts is a complete asshole to).

Suffers from Steve Jobs Syndrome. Fantastic at taking the stage / lecturing reporters as if he dreamed up and implemented the greenlight behind PayPal / Tesla / Space X over a weekend.
>>
File: i7ziamvxydch7097ma26.jpg (3 KB, 297x115) Image search: [Google]
i7ziamvxydch7097ma26.jpg
3 KB, 297x115
"elon musk jizz face" turned up this one
>>
>>52024722

Definitely very smart, but his greatest characteristic is his ability to stay emotionally uninvolved, objective, and evaluate from first principals. He seems to have a good understanding of a wide variety of fields, and it's given him great insights into how problems can be solved.
>>
I think he's awesome if only because we're FUCKING FINALLY making progress in space endeavors again. Seriously, the fact that we just kinda stopped in the 70s is an utter travesty and crime against humanity.

He may never achieve that final goal of getting a million people safely landed and colonized on the surface of Mars but he's bound to make huge strides attempting such and he deserves commendation for that alone.

The only negative thing about him is that his existence makes me realize that I have basically zero hope of doing anything with that level of positive influence on mankind, even if I try. There's serious limits to what a simple programmer can do.
>>
>>52024976
>my opinion is that he used to be bald.

Yeah, well, he probably got some treatment for that. It's not like his sparkling personality was going to make up for his physical shortcomings.
>>
>>52026948
he said a lot of his success comes from learning to live on a dollar a day when he was a kid. Good news for android users
>>
>>52026977
That make's no sense, I paid up front for my Android phone.
>>
>>52024722
A scam artist who would be bankrupt right now if he wasn't propped up by government subsidies which are derived from our tax dollars.

If he wants to act this cocky, someone should call him out and have him refuse help from the government and not touch any of our taxpayer money.
>>
>>52027325
Whatever relatively tiny amount of taxpayer cash ending up going his direction is far more productive than the ridiculous amount that becomes part of needlessly huge military expenditures.
>>
>>52027325
Yeah. We better spend all that money on the american launch alliance which charges 4 times the price per kg to orbit and who hasn't innovated in years since there was no competition on american soil the government could give your tax money to.

Or maybe we should give it to the Russians, who have been bringing shit for us to the ISS for the last decade.
>>
>>52027325
Musk doesn't need government subsidies in any of his companies. He has enough money to conduct his business. Musk gets subsidies because the governments are throwing their money to him.
>>
>>52024722
Basically a living god
May even be a benevolent alien unironically
>>
File: 1447032761247.jpg (1 MB, 2478x1421) Image search: [Google]
1447032761247.jpg
1 MB, 2478x1421
>>52024722
Everything he has or has not done with Tesla/SpaceX aside. Taking his money from selling Paypal and turning $1.5 billion into a net worth of over $10 billions is worthy of something. Most people would just invest it and retire.
>>
Would you work 80 hour weeks for him, /g/?
>>
>>52027766
Absolutely. Eventually you would burnout, but having Tesla or SpaceX on your resume would give you a license to steal.
>>
>>52027778
Agreed, plus if/when they get huge and radically change landscapes, you'll be able to say, "yeah, I was part of that."
>>
>>52027655
>May even be a benevolent alien unironically

I prefer this explanation.
>>
File: 4L_7MHifnlC.jpg (190 KB, 679x947) Image search: [Google]
4L_7MHifnlC.jpg
190 KB, 679x947
>>52024976
JUST
>>
>>52026522
Yeah. Mah sekret internet klub. My browser must have filled in my password cause I don't remember putting it in to be on /g/
>>
>>52024822

>Literally Steve Jobs 2.0. Nothing he does is new or innovative, but libertarians always jack him off as some kind of savior of humankind.
>>SpaceX
Ignorant potato man, saving the fucking rocket will save a fortune allowing for cheaper payload delivery and to commercial space visits.

>>Tesla
>Same thing, its just cars with batteries. We've had this for decades. Fuck, cars powered solely by solar energy has been a thing since at least the 90s.
>Basically, all this guy does is take other people's inventions, put on a fancy brand and rakes in the money and fanbois.
This has so much bait...

Please kill yourself or go back to /b/
>>
>>52025049
He has a masters and a PhD, get your facts straight
>>
>>52027778
+1
And hopefully one to kill too
>>
>>52028189
>What are they even trying to accomplish?

Exploit the financial potential of space. Tourism, asteroid mining, and eventually colonizing Mars.
>>
>>52028189
protip: trolls want you to reply to them. getting all worked up and throwing a tantrum makes him successful.

the rest of us ignored him because he's an idiot. only a retard would get baited, and only retards did.
>>
>>52028206
>He has a masters and a PhD, get your facts straight
Funny that you'd say that, since you didn't fact check properly either. Musk has 2 bachelor's degrees—one in physics, and the other in economics.

>>52024822
Let's ignore the fact his company actually innovated in terms of battery technology AND, most importantly, made it actually affordable.
>>
I want to work for him in solarcity as an engineer when I'll graduate.
>>
>>52028282

He doesn't run Solar City. His cousin does. Or cousins, I forget.
>>
>>52028306
That's fine by me. I want to work there anyway. I'm really interested in the photovoltaic progress and development
>>
>>52028267
hah it will be hilarious watching /g/ wrap its head around electric cars and automated taxi services. Most likely they will argue that anyone that uses an electric car is a pleb because everyone should be driving with a manual transmission
>>
>>52028257

>baited

this is kind of a retarded term. nobody would reply to anything at all if they weren't already predisposed to do so. by giving someone an opportunity to do something they must have already wanted to do, is that really some kind of cosmic victory? it's not like you're performing mind control on someone -- you are literally just saying something someone might want to reply to if it's something they care about or has been on their mind lately, or whatever.

i replied to him for the same reason that i'm replying to you right now, understanding that you are soliciting a response in the same way that he is. i know that and i'm doing it anyway, because i don't give a shit why you said it. who's the real retard here?
>>
>>52024822
>weebshit
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: elon_musk_crying.jpg (167 KB, 1220x1202) Image search: [Google]
elon_musk_crying.jpg
167 KB, 1220x1202
he's just a meme, can't even launch a simple rocket without making it explode after 2 min.

His cars are overpriced meme's too.
>>
File: 1446074471491.jpg (40 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1446074471491.jpg
40 KB, 300x400
>>52028353
>doesn't like the 2D
>shitposts on anime picture board
>>
>>52026522
Oh no, a random faggot on /g/ saged
>>
>>52024976

>Dell keyboard

Is that membrane or mechanical?
>>
>>52028367
>likes 2D
>shitposts on a technology picture subboard
>>
>>52028399
I don't see the problem here nigger :^)
>>
He lived on a dollar a day for a few months just to see if he could, while saving the rest of his money

He then created PayPal while continuing to live on a dollar a day, using the residual capital to fund the laptop he used to create PayPal

Before you reply look it up, shits legit
>>
He has fake hair, he's actually as bald as a dick.
He probably dyes it too.
>>
>>52024741
>has 5 sons
>>
the most important human being since jesus christ
>>
>>52028495
dollar a day ON FOOD
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.