[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... my father has passed away and due to my family being a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: dess.jpg (185 KB, 3200x2400) Image search: [Google]
dess.jpg
185 KB, 3200x2400
So... my father has passed away and due to my family being a pos i can't have access to my father's email account.

I contacted microsoft, and they told me all they could do was send me a dvd with everything the email has.

Why do i want access to the email? My father divorced my mother a long time ago and was recently "dating" someone. This stupid fucking shit hypocrite cunt said she bought everything in half with him, and told us all his electronics (he was a geek, i guess) had disappeared or he didn't have them. For example, the mac pro 2015 he bought and his iphone 6 suddenly dissapeared. This bitch is breaking my family.

Is there anything i can do to have access to my father's account? Microsoft wasn't helpful.

Sorry for long text and crappy english.
>>
File: 1384321749253.png (572 KB, 867x806) Image search: [Google]
1384321749253.png
572 KB, 867x806
Why would your father have a Microsoft account if he likes Macs?
>>
>>52024159
>waaah I didn't get a big enough cut of daddies estate
fuck off
>>
>>52024159
Just kill her. Much easier and better solution.
>>
>>52024159
>Is there anything i can do to have access to my father's account?
>I contacted microsoft, and they told me all they could do was send me a dvd with everything the email has.

You just fuckign answered your own question retard. Fuck off until you come up with a better story
>>
>>52024159

It's just stuff.

Let her have the stuff.

The things that are valuable aren't electronic anyway.

I know this sounds hokey, but it's true.

When my grandma passes, the only thing I want is the glass sculpture she kept on her dresser that fascinated me when I was 3.
>>
>>52024205
I dont know if he has an apple account. I know he used his @live account for everything.

>>52024206
I reread my post and noticed it was shit written. I'm from a very poor family and i dont give a fuck about the fancy electronics. All im mad about is that since my father was a pos all my life to me I wanted to get something back. Before he died, i told my family if they had some shit laptop laying around for university and then my father died. The only thing i asked was if i could have the laptop and they said he didnt have one. I didnt know he had a mac till recently.

>>52024239
I meant something like court stuff. I have the death certificate.

>>52024250
Basically she is living in my fathers house (which i dont care), driving my fathers car and has all his eletronics, gold etc. When asked about all this stuff, it suddenly had dissapeared. That's what's pissing me the fuck off.
>>
>>52024159
Microsoft accounts are usually tied to a cellphone number, see if you can locate the cellphone and reset the password by sending a reset code to said number -- if you can't locate the sim, you can try going to his mobile provider and ask them for a replacement SIM.

You can try forcing your way in by answering the security question, however, you'd have to do so from a computer that was used to access the account, since Microsoft uses browser bits like User Agent to identify the computers you use, and thus, it would block the account and send the code I was talking about earlier to the cellphone.

That's all I can help with.
>>
>>52024159
>he was a geek
>Mac Pro and iPhone 6

Kek
>>
>>52024313
Thanks for the answer.

Can i get a replacement sim that easily? Also, i dont have access to any computer he used.
>>
She won, get fucked
>>
>>52024159
Most creative "how do I break into my gfs email" I've ever seen
>>
>>52024348
Stupid fucking shit i have the death certificate which is what distinguishes this from a "give it back jamal" or a "stacey is a bitch, ill hax0r her".
>>
>>52024377
you have a death certificate, so fucking what, what about a will? did he have one? if not then depending on your state or country, all or most of it goes to the wife. you don't have a leg to stand on here bruh
>>
>>52024340
Well, that would depend on the laws in your country and how good their customer service is, but I think it shouldn't be a big deal if you can provide the death certificate and an ID. Just make sure you give them a good story as to why you need that information.

As for getting the auth reset code in the cellphone, it's as simple as following the steps mentioned in the "forgot password?" section or similar.
>>
>>52024430
He didn't have the will. They weren't married. The worst part is that she isn't legally allowed to have anything according to the lawyer.

Basically my family from my father side betrayed us and wants to give everything to her.

>>52024460
I meant, how do i get a replacement? I can't just walk to the store and say "hey my father died, can i get a new card for his number?"..
>>
File: 1450245083532.png (315 KB, 530x580) Image search: [Google]
1450245083532.png
315 KB, 530x580
>>52024377

>i have the death certificate

Post it
>>
>>52024278
>Basically she is living in my fathers house (which i dont care), driving my fathers car and has all his eletronics, gold etc. When asked about all this stuff, it suddenly had dissapeared. That's what's pissing me the fuck off.

I'm >>52024250

If she doesn't have a right to it (it depends on the probate laws of your state) then she's stolen it and you can have her arrested.

As his son, you probably have a right to at least some of it.

The problem with probate court is that if she's a dick, she can contest it and use up the value of the estate in attorney fees making you fight her.

It's a no-win situation. I've seen multi-million dollar estates go to lawyers.

If the house is not paid off, if the car is not paid off, the bank owns both, still. You should call the bank. They will at a minimum, repossess the car. We had to do this to the sister of a friend who died - the sister never gave a fuck about him, but when he died, she made off with his car.
>>
>>52024479
That's where you have to be a bit creative, you can claim that your family needs to have access to the phone number in question because of some long distance relative whose only link with your family is that phone number, and is unaware about your father passing away.

I'm sure there are a few other options in terms of the story you can present, just give it a little thought, you don't even have to lie that much.

In my country, for instance, I can get a replacement sim without the need of an ID, as long as I provide a list of ~5 numbers I usually call.
>>
>>52024512
Yes, i legally have a part in it along with my sister and brother, which are also being fucked. No one but us is legally allowed to it.

The house was paid. Can't say she robbed because the house because my grandfather is paying for her to stay there. I literally can't believe that a grandfather that always treated us so well has done such a shit thing.

Everything material like computers, watches, gold, tvs etc. i cannot prove that he has. I have access to his bank account but not to the paypal and email. If i had them i could prove he had them and that we were allowed to have them. I would still have the "woops they disapeared problem, but at least i had something".

Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>52024479
The worst part is that she isn't legally allowed to have anything according to the lawyer.

Ok then you need to get hold of your dads bank details, then make cross check an inventory and see what is missing form the house. Then you need to ask your lawyer about how you proceed. Im guessing that if the "girlfriend" doesnt have legal rights over its ownership then the police could be brought into it with relative ease.

Understand that you have to do a very profressional job on the inventory and bank account records, and you may have to (politely and courteously) explain and request to the bank.

I know nothing about the law by the way. This is purely thinking off the top of my head.
>>
>>52024678
he shouldn't access the accounts or inventory anything, instead he should go to his lawyer and have him take care of getting the relevant info, probably by hiring a p.i. or asking for the records as part of a case
>>
>>52024159
Hire a lawyer.
>>
Depends where you live senpai. Here in Texas my Mother and father were divorced. As the oldest child I was responsible for her estate. Please seek legal counsel before doing anything.
>>
You should have said the laptop was stolen.
>>
>>52024239
>>52024278
>court stuff
You're not answering, what the fuck is Microsoft supposed to do for you?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.