[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is windows phone ever an acceptable choice, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (433 KB, 2983x1675) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
433 KB, 2983x1675
is windows phone ever an acceptable choice, /g/?
>>
File: mst3k.gif (616 KB, 270x180) Image search: [Google]
mst3k.gif
616 KB, 270x180
>>52022269
>>
sure
>>
>>52022269
I have exactly that phone and it does everything I need.
So yes.
>>
>>52022269
Nope. They can't even get flagships right. They're so bad, Amazon has cancelled all sales of the 950xl in refugee country (Germany).

Just get a Android from a year ago if you want a good, cheap phone. Otherwise, buy a nice flagship.
>>
>>52022269

Microsoft should of released their Surface Phone concept instead of this to help kickstart their mobile platform. However since Microsoft is still partially retarded they keep making Nokia phones nobody wants.

Windows has some serious potential now that we can turn any phone into a PC which business folks and students could totally benefit from.

However... Microsoft still keeps delaying Windows for mobile for some reason and people are getting impatient. It's only available for only a select few phones and that's it.
>>
>Resuming...
>>
>>52022269
Depends, I have lumia 535 and it has a very good batter and the build quality is very solid, overall its a really good phone but some apps aren't available in the store
>>
Probably the 640.
Don't take the recent flagships.
>>
>>52022269
It will be very soon with edge updates and the upcoming Windows 10 mobile os.

None of the lagroid lag plus much better aesthetic for the minimalist of /g/.
>>
>>52023055
Not worth it.

Windows phone never is.

See >>52023026
>>
Yes, but do your research somewhere else. This place is full of anti-microsoft babies.
>>
>>52023087
windows 10 doesn't really have resuming screens anymore.

not to mention the only phones that show resuming screens are the ones with 1GB of ram or less. so it 's funny that you faggots even mention it when 1GB of ram android phones lag like shit after 2 months of use.
>>
>>52023162
Don't really recommend newcomers to get W10 yet. I got used to it from using Insider for months but it's not something you'd really want to show off just yet.
>>
>>52022269
If you're a poorfag, yes.
Otherwise, nah.
>>
>https://youtu.be/XMNgfEVk8oo
So how long till Microsoft gives up on Windows Phone?
>>
>>52022269

Windows phones lack apps, just get a BLU Life One X for $150 if you want a solid cheap phone
>>
continuum looks cool 2bh
>>
>>52022269
NO APPS
NO APPS
NO APPS
>>
>>52024452
Learn C#
>>
for the <$100 dollar price range light phone user yes
>>
>>52022269
Sure, just don't get the 950/XL
>>
>>52022269
Been a 1520 user here for close to two years here. It was actually my first smart phone so I really can't compare it to either android or the iphone. It has been serving me well though. Recently, I've been having issues with phantom touches though. Further research seem to point out that said phantom touches are caused by a design flaw or something.
>>
>>52022269
If it runs the x86_64 version of windows and can support a traditional desktop
>>
I'd buy one if i used Windows. would probably be missing heaps of apps though, but it's going to work much better with windows than an iPhone or android does, unless MS have lost the plot completely
>>
Works for people with jobs and friends. If you cant live without apps then find some friends. You might get laid more than twice a year if you get a paycheck and interact with humans once in a while.
>>
i have one, not really.
>>
Unless you need to play games like a child, it's an excellent phone.
>>
>no apps
>still can't change your default browser in 2016
>the apps that ARE available are seldomly updated compared to other platforms

There is literally no feature on WP that really sells the platform.
>>
Fuck no, and here is why. Micheal Fisher fucking BTFO'd the flagship hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNgfEVk8oo
>>
>>52025525
and why wouldn't you buy an android and simply not use said apps?
>>
>>52025791
Windows phone integrates with Windows.
iPhone integrates with iOS and OSX
Android integrates with Google web browser.

If you wish windows was a better platform, you'd be using a windows phone on principle.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.