[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
goLang
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: go.jpg (5 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
go.jpg
5 KB, 265x190
is this thing a viable option for web development yet or am i still better off with django ?
>>
>web development
>>
>>52022233
>not sure if retard or just stupid
>>
>>52022233
yes and yes
>>
>>52022233
It is not really for web development, it is great for concurrency and networking. But yeah, it can be used as such with success.
>>
>>52022233
>django
It's ok

>go
If you're going to go with Hip trash- go with fucking node
>>
>>52022233
Comparing a language(go) to a framework (django) is retarded.

>is this thing a viable option for web development
It can be used, but I don't recommend it. Just like you can write a website using bash, but I don't recommend it.

>yet or am i still better off with django ?
Yes and no. Don't use django, use web.py because its better.
>>
>>52022233
These are literally both CONFIRMED SJW languages. Go has a CoC with a section on sexual harassment basically and Django removed master/slave from their documentation
>>
Go is fine.

Like C#, it's got standard libraries that do networking. Unlike C#, it's benefiting from a few extra years of hindsight and has libraries that are simple and fast. I'd say it's a node.js killer more so than a django killer.

Django is more for people who want to use "easy" languages for web, like python. Go is kind of like C# or Java tier, but a lot more modern. They're really for two different ideas about what makes a good project.

Go benchmarks fast, as does C# and java, but doesn't force you down to the sockets to get the most for their speed. Django does not benchmark fast, but python devs would argue that neither does php, but it's still popular.

What are you going for anon?
>>
Much prefer Go to python. Also much prefer piecemeal toolkits like you'll find in Go (e.g. gorila) to bloated monolithic frameworks that you find in other languages.
>>
>>52022939
This.

Stop supporting languages and architectures with an sjw establishment. The sooner we rid ourselves of the 'thoughtcrime' crowd and stop accepting decisions about code made by people who do not code, the better.
>>
Don't listen to the crap about meme languages, you won't get anywhere listening to those people.

Go is perfectly viable for writing servers and much faster than django or node. It has a focus on simplicity, though, so don't expect to do a lot of abstraction in it.

https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/
>>
>>52022939
>>52025703
I want gamergate to leave.
>>
File: eggplant.png (156 KB, 520x245) Image search: [Google]
eggplant.png
156 KB, 520x245
>>52025805
Don't go posting any unapproved emoticons, now.
>>
I created a mass page generator with it.

Was really quick to get a nice organized website up

still have to get the react shit cached somehow

And it is super functional

but yeah sjws ruined it so I have I hard time using it
>>
SJWs ruined it
SJWs ruined swift as well
https://swift.org/community/#code-of-conduct

what language is there without a CoC? SJWfox ruined rust long ago
>>
>>52025894
C, C++, D, PHP, Java

Basically anything too uncool for SF hipster startups to consider.
>>
File: 1334503246505.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1334503246505.jpg
209 KB, 1280x720
>>52025836
>>52025894
can someone explain to me how this ruins a language?

this is a serious question
>>
>>52025980
While code of conducts aren't inherently a bad thing by themselves they are often leveraged to force out individuals that hold unpopular opinions from the projects they contribute to, or otherwise exert control over the actions and behaviours of others. They are almost never applied to the individuals in charge of enforcing the CoC, and often explicitly allow harassment targeted at certain groups.

>The community prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. The Anti-Abuse Team will not act on complaints regarding:
>‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’ (because these things don’t exist)

A great example is the official NodeJS foundation banning an individual from all NodeJS related projects and events for using an eggplant emoji, eggplants are phallic and thus 'problematic'. The NodeJS CoC is famously not applicable to the foundation members themselves.

Another example is the harassment of the owner of Opal, a ruby to javascript transpiler, after one of his contributors made a 'troubling' post on Twitter.
>>
File: tumblr_napteqxTWI1tqm0mwo1_1280.jpg (154 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_napteqxTWI1tqm0mwo1_1280.jpg
154 KB, 640x640
>>52026184
Thanks. I hope this trend dies soon.
>>
>>52026491
Its how women "contribute" and exert control without actually having any notable technical skills. The more women in STEM the more of this shit.
>>
>>52023187
>Unlike C#, it's benefiting from a few extra years of hindsight
c# created in 2000, go created in 2009
>>
>>52025894
SJWs love CoC
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.