[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true /g/? Is this all I really need to be a real computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1450659778746.png (305 KB, 640x974) Image search: [Google]
1450659778746.png
305 KB, 640x974
Is this true /g/? Is this all I really need to be a real computer scientist?
>>
Pls respond.

I don't want to end up a code monkey.
>>
obviously not fucking retard
t. first year CS student
>>
File: Unsorted 1.png (199 KB, 337x750) Image search: [Google]
Unsorted 1.png
199 KB, 337x750
I downloaded this image and now maybe I might download that book anfd then do like half a lecture
thanks OP
>>
File: 1450830969818.jpg (238 KB, 1199x848) Image search: [Google]
1450830969818.jpg
238 KB, 1199x848
>>52019899
oh ur so smart huh
I did fucking code academy garbage and I am doing this first year CS students homework for him

fuck off
>>
I finished the first lecture.

All it was was some talk about logic and then getting into LISP.

This picture has to be a ruse. What good is any of this?
>>
No. You need determination. And practice. Read up on the basics of whatever fucking language strikes your fancy and make something with it. Webdev is an easy and accessible place to start (not talking static pages here fuccboi), but literally anything will do.
Once you have a basic idea of what you're doing, read. Articles, debates, tutorials, anything. Learn from shit you don't understand. Make it your life, because you're living the dream now.
>>
>>52019952
Do you expect to automatically be a master after one lecture
Why do you think anyone who ever knew jack shit or gained any kind of recognition for this shit is old as fuck? It takes time
>>
OP here.

I didn't mean it as "is this the only thing I need to be CS."

More so as: "is this something that can actually help me on the road to becoming a better cs."
>>
>>52020064
Anything's better than nothing anon. Stop worrying about the right/wrong thing to start with/learn and just. get. busy.
>>
I programmed quite a bit in high school (java/c# n shit) and my first year programming class was based off of SICP (using racket instead) and it honestly changed the way I approach programming problems. Definitely worth it
>>
should I start with SICP even if I have no experience in CS whatsoever?
>>
>>52020653
You should but shits hard.
>>
>>52019116
Gesuuuu~
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.