[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a male nurse who wants to learn C++ in my spare time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: CPlusPlus.jpg (36 KB, 433x455) Image search: [Google]
CPlusPlus.jpg
36 KB, 433x455
I'm a male nurse who wants to learn C++ in my spare time at home and when on call. I am using code::blocks currently going through a tutorial. Any good tutorials and teaching materials you guys recommend? Also best IDE and compiler for a complete noob to programming? Thanks for the help.
>>
>>52018730
>male nurse
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
if you're completely new, do yourself a favor and learn python or java. or both.
>>
>>52018730
>C++
>first language
you're in for a world of hurt.
go with python or java, or maybe even pascal.
>>
>>52018757
>>52018780
thanks for the advice!
>>52018751
sorry you sit at home all day and don't get sucked off in the supply closet by 22 year old hot RN's fag, enjoy your 2D fap fest.
>>
qtcreator is a decent IDE.
Clang and GCC is the best compilers.

A tool you want to pick up fast is valgrind.
It is a memory analyzing tool.
It can give you insights to how much space you spend and on what and help you track down memory leaks.

As for books, pick up a starter book and learn the syntax first.
Then do projects and learn through that.
>>
>>52018827
>help you track down memory leaks.
dude he's just learning his first language why would he track down memory leaks?
>>
>>52018807
Pffffttttt
>>
>>52018730
i'd start with java desu. as for the tutorials, it doesn't really matter when you're just starting to learn a language. pick a popular one on google. you can start worrying about tutorials for specific things you want to learn once you know the basics.
>>
>>52018932
>>52018858
>>52018827
thanks /g/ you guys are great hopefully i can learn an additional skill after a while. Remember that the meaning of life is to learn something new every day, otherwise you are just wasting your short time here on earth.
>>
REEEEEE

Get a real job loser.

mfw I spend all day programming in c++ because I'm not a gay faggot like OP. You wish you were me.
>>
Male nurses make damn good money because tbeg can do all the jobs that require heavy lifting and general physical labor that female nurses can't. They'll always be in demand and always get a shit ton of money for their work.
>>
>>52018807
You a delicate little old bitch ain't ya.
>>
I suggest watching the Stanford vids on C since its your first programming language. They give a lot of insight about how the language actually works
>>
>>52018807
If you want to learn how to use a framework for web development and have fun start with python (very readable, still popular, god tier easy to learn).
If you want to learn how to program start with C (not C++), buy a good university book and get ready for some research.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.