[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that Modded and pirated games dont work on Windows10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Is it true that Modded and pirated games dont work on Windows10 and will there be a work around soon ?

and is there any game coming out with DX12 that has been anounced?
>>
>>52018059
Not true.
>>
do games run faster on Windows 10? is there any real reason to go from 7 to 10 ?
>>
>>52018059
I've been playing fallout 4 cracked on windows 10 withut any problem
>>
>>52018114
there is a -1% to +5% difference in fps, nothing major
>>
They work

>>52018114
There's not much of a difference but if you add whatever improvement you get to future DX12 titles you may get a noticeable improvement

10 is good for other things though. If you have new hardware, you may get better support with 10. Trust me, I'm the kind of person who is willing to use ancient shit to get better performance.
>>
>>52018084
but doesn't win10 randomly delete shit?
>>
>>52018229
No. Good job drinking the koolaid.
>>
>>52018229
Wait hold on you trusted /g/ and them random blogs?

Fuck me, gotta be careful with some idiots. Any smear campaign now gets way too much trust and backing. Microcock be shit but this nonsense is no better.
>>
>>52018269
yeah well it still ran slower on the same hardware than seven or eight

>>52018312
but why would someone do that? just go on the internet and lie.
>>
>>52018327
>but why would someone do that? just go on the internet and lie.

I guess you've never been to /g/ before, or any part of 4chan for that matter. Leave whilst you still can.
>>
>>52018059
negro I have the sims 3 and new vegas installed
not sure about DX12 games
>>
>>52018395
I guess you've never been to /g/ before, or any part of 4chan for that matter. Leave whilst you still can.
>>
windows 10 deleted a windows.old folder on me once during an upgrade to sit the previous build there and turns out that was where all the person's shit was.

thanks for asking windows.
>>
>>52018059
Have, fallout 4, city skylines, GTA V on it ATM all work fine, if windows are trying to stop piracy I haven't noticed anything getting harder.
>>
>>52018059
people believe this shit'

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>52018059
not true, but M$ can force push anything they want, so they might add that feature™ tomorrow
>>
>>52018229
Na, it doesen´t delete random shit it just deletes all cpuid programms i think when you up´date to 1151 or what it was called.
>>
>>52018059

Not doing it now, but they got the tools in hand to do it.
>>
>>52018656
Windows.old doesn't contain anything but Windows files anon. You fucked something up, stop trying to blame it on something else.
>>
every game i have on windows 10 is pirated. ive played shit as old as system shock 2 and the modern game being deus ex. the only game that wont work so far is the original rainbow six via gog.com. i dont know about newer games. i have a lower end laptop so i dont bother.
>>
Why would Microsoft take.it upon themselves to police the Internet and fight piracy with their latest OS?
>>
>>52018059
Most of the rumours you hear about windows 10 is bullshit. The nsa started these rumours because they didn't want everyone switching to the free upgrade as Microsoft refused to play ball and sneak in a few back doors in win 10. The nsa has plenty of ways to sneak in on your win 7/8 but not quite ready for 10.
>>
>>52018084
This.

>>52018229
No, but Windows Update can, when installing updates, automatically uninstall programs which have broken kernel drivers that would otherwise bluescreen your PC so the vendor can fix them.

None of your pirated shit has kernel drivers.
>>
>>52020288
For me it always uninstalls speccy whenever I update windows, not much of a bother imo. There may be more programs however that could be affected since I only use wincuk10 on newer pcs that I have
>>
File: 111umemeluver.jpg (100 KB, 854x640) Image search: [Google]
111umemeluver.jpg
100 KB, 854x640
Can I get genuine Win10 for free if im using a pireted "genuine" Win7
can I just down load the Win10 update and expect it to be genuine
>>
>>52020945
Yes. I've done that twice now for PC builds for friends.

Windows 10 licenses are different from Windows 7 licenses. You only need an "authenticated" Windows 7 to being the Windows 10 upgrade process. Once you're in 10, you have an authentic Windows 10 license.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.