[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't I have any problem or malware issues on Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: roots.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
roots.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
Why don't I have any problem or malware issues on Windows XP?
I know too many people with bloatware, rootkits, viruses or weird background stuff.
They reinstall Windows every year.
This is 1 2008 install, SP3 and everything. Why does it works so well? Is that because people still open random .exe or any executable file?

Disregard your opinions or Microsoft's fear-mongering about not being supported will cause the world to crumble, I still like it. do back-ups occasionally just in case.

Is it just me or are there others who prefer to stick with an "outdated" Os that just works smoothly instead of getting a >tactile botnet like OSX/Win10?
>>
>>52016376
>Is it just me or are there others who prefer to stick with an "outdated" Os that just works smoothly instead of getting a >tactile botnet like OSX/Win10?

Sure, lots of people.
But they usually don't post on /g/, because they have work to do and just use their computers as tools.
/g/ and similar places online are for people who want to experiment with software, because they're bored.
Oh and shills (especially from MS).
So take everything here with grain of salt.
>>
>>52016435
yeah well i think i'm on this case. if ever there was something my router or NAT could not stop, i'd just browse the net on my other Debian laptop and keep this thing offline, but i highly doubt it's possible to be affected.

is commonsense pro pack really hard for people?
>>
Wow OP you are so cool hacker.

Having no viruses and stuff, that's amazing.
>>
>>52016501
>is commonsense pro pack really hard for people?

It's only "common sense" if you've actually spent some time learning about computer security.
The vast majority of people have not.
>>
File: my sides in the Oort's cloud.png (2 MB, 1225x784) Image search: [Google]
my sides in the Oort's cloud.png
2 MB, 1225x784
>>52016529
i'm not
and frankly i often test them once i do an integral backup, i pick a random .exe that came in the torrent, check on virustotal if it's really red and see what i can do to fuck my install.

"worst" case i had was a rootkit that just blocked access to my desktop with a ransomware webpage, opening one of these. most of the times, i get... pic related. even when i'm trying to, now, i can't even fuck it.

i think the era of skilled hackers or intrusion is behind us, and all of this shit is really a lie to force the model of planned obsolescence.

>>52016620
i've been growing with DOS and then Windows, but i can't claim i'm a security expert, i just know how and did made widows server 2003 and 2008 installs for companies ( it's absurdly boring and premashed. running SQL server and some Oracle software) (still in use today) i don't have the retention to any title.

"ooh thank you anon for your tips and that firefox and adblock thing, i never knew it was possible"

now the big question is, how do we instruct more people into the very basics of security?
>>
>>52016735

Did you disable adblock and then spend an hour straight clicking on links that link to other links to other links?
>>
>>52017168
yes i just did. ads are really just a waste of time, i mean, even Youtube has them now?

all those >free_toolbar_install crap.
jesus how can people live without adblockplus.
>>
>>52017349

How long have you been messing with computers?
>>
>>52017401
>>
>>52016376
Retard, you didn't get malware because you weren't retarded enough to install totally_not_a_virus.exe. But the security flaws can butt fuck you the future, more so than in a modern OS, an OS without security updates is a dead OS.
>>
>>52017414

That's why then, because by now you have enough experience to understand the complicated nature of them.

Other people don't have that experience and learning curve can be pretty high for real understanding on how to do shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.