[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternative to TeamViewer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1447576816612.jpg (480 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447576816612.jpg
480 KB, 1920x1080
I'm looking for an alternative to Teamviewer. I would use RDP to control my computer, but for whatever reason my Uni's network does not allow. It's a laptop to desktop connection.

>Discussion of remote desktop software.
>>
>>52014891
btw the point of the post is to find something with better performance than TeamViewer btw.

bump
>>
install gentoo
>>
vnc over ssh tunel
>>
>>52014915
why use ssh tunnel if i have a password protected account on the computer?
>>
>>52014915
oh, and tightvnc or realvnc?
>>
>>52014956
tigervnc

and use ssh tunnel to avoid mitm attacks
>>
>>52014983
thanks
>>
Just use Chrome Remote Desktop
>>
>>52015699
im looking for something to emulate the windows environment, not to screencap the desktop and work that way.

emulating the environment is better for the slower connection that i have.
>>
>>52014915
i assume you mean to suggest openssh right?
>>
>>52015753

I honestly don't think that exists, and if it did, I can't imagine that it would be less resource intensive than any flavor b of browser based RDP.
>>
>>52014891

NoMachine

You'll have to do a bit more manual setup to get it working across the internet though.
>>
>>52014891
Most likely your uni doesn't allow communications on port 3389. You can use something such as rinetd to forward TCP traffic from port 443 to port 3389. I do it and it works flawlessly.
>>
>>52016117
thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>52016149
holy shit. the holy grail!
>>
>>52016163
I have a scheduled task that runs rinetd at startup. Here is the contents you need for the config file:

>0.0.0.0 443 replace.with.your.externalip 3389
>>
>>52016196
http://www.boutell.com/rinetd/

correct?
>>
>>52016216
Yep. That's the one. You will also need to open ports 3389 and 433 on your router and/or firewall.
>>
>>52016242
im having trouble setting up the .conf file.

all i have to do is put it in the same directory as rinetd.exe and put your text in it (save as all files) right?
>>
>>52016402
Create a new file in the same directory with the name config.cfg. Inside the file, add what I said above. Then set up a scheduled task to run rinetd at startup using these parameters:

>rinetd.exe -c C:/path/to/config.cfg
>>
>>52014942
How new to computers are you?
>>
>>52016458
add me on skype: qwertykjhgdxvcjgkjjlkasdfshdfjakshdgjhgaskhdgfksjhdgfaaskdjfhkas

i changed the ID for 4chan.
>>
for whatever reason, binding to 0.0.0.0 isnt working for me.
>>
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site/.

/TITS OR GTFO/
>>
>>52018277
just ignore it if you dont like it or discuss remote desktop software.

the main version of this thread isnt tech support, it just happened to crop up within.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.