[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running any other Operating System than a GNU/Linux Distribution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1439917685046.png (135 KB, 1024x1001) Image search: [Google]
1439917685046.png
135 KB, 1024x1001
Running any other Operating System than a GNU/Linux Distribution is a reactionary act: you are choosing not to run GNU/Linux for some reason (spoken or unspoken): either because you hate Freedom, or are trying to help the NSA, or harbor philosophical beliefs of what your technology should disallow you to do, etc. No one chooses to run Windows 10 (obviously), you may simply run it, because it installed itself using standard malware routines.

But not just at the time of install. No! Then you constantly need to bother your friends and family about how downloading obscure .exe files is way better than package management. Or that running fallout 4 is totally worth the sociological ostracism, that's why you bought a computer right? To play games. So cool you guys. You're isolated in a cul-de-sac of your own making, but at least you can pretty it up. Constant, ongoing psychologically-draining drama basically.

Running GNU/Linux, by comparison, has no shadowy subtext. GNU/Linux is synthesis, anything else is antithesis.
>>
File: gnjew.png (159 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
gnjew.png
159 KB, 500x584
Translation from Freetard to English:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
[[[ PS. I am proud of my Jewish ancestory! ]]]
Come use GNU PLUS LINUX and work for us FOR FREE. Stop being mindless cattle and join the fight for *tries to stop laughter* software freedom that is holding you back!
Volunteer 18 hours of your day, every day to our cause! Be a good goy!

Sincerely,
Richard M. Stallman
-------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>52013579
nice meme
>>
>Red Hat/Linux
>not having NSA backdoors
lol

use OpenBSD
>>
Linux is the perfect OS for us hipsters, so I can sound cool with normies when they found out they don't know how to use my laptop
>>
>Running any other Operating System than a GNU/Linux Distribution is a reactionary act
A reaction to what?
>>
>>52014310
idiot
>>
File: 1447951185902.gif (3 KB, 100x68) Image search: [Google]
1447951185902.gif
3 KB, 100x68
>>52014058
>>
>>52013431
Nothing to hide on my battlestation xD
>>
>>52013431
you don't have to get into a deep philosophical posting about it
the reasons for not using GNU./Linux is basically:
>I don't care
>I'm a corporat that needs another OS to make money
>I'm a gaymer
>I use my computer as a fashion accessory and can't list more than two operating systems
>>
>>52018230
>responding to copypasta
leave now
>>
>>52018230
>deep philosophical
>>
>>52013431
>So cool you guys. You're isolated in a cul-de-sac of your own making, but at least you can pretty it up. Constant, ongoing psychologically-draining drama basically.
This describes gnu/linux exactly.

Also, fuck your stupid GPL. It's a viral cancer of a license that enforces itself into everything. It's the exact opposite of freedom. Wtfpl, MIT, BSD licenses are real freedom.
>>
>>52019097
>tolerating intolerance
rething that, fag
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.