[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE. DO NOT BUMP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: mfw anon disrupts comfy time.webm (766 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
mfw anon disrupts comfy time.webm
766 KB, 360x360
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
If I have a .stl and/or .step file where can I print them? Particularly, these: http://ergodox.org/Downloads.aspx
Interested in something similar to the picture
>>
>>52011994
In a 3d printer silly
>>
So this poo2loo thing has been around since April 2014 why has it only recently attained meme status? /g/ has been strongly against Indians in the tech field for as long as I can remember. And the Indian CEOs working for the megacorps have held their positions for as long or longer than this unicef initiative

Also why do Indians shit in public if they have indoor plumbing? This campaign seems to suggest that they have a choice in the matter and *choose* to shit everywhere, which I have a hard time believing.

Actually scratch that second paragraph I just want to know why this is a meme now, and not earlier.
>>
>>52012275
like for the wood finish? and what are some companies that do 3d printing?
>>
2560x1440 or 144hz or 21:9? All IPS.
>>
MSE doesn't work in Windows 10. /g/ wiki Windows 10 botnet/spying removal guide disabled Windows Defender. Which free antivirus should I use?
>>
>>52012368
1440p and 144hz
>>
>>52013578
avira or avast
>>
>>52010541
saved
>>
>>52013578
Avira and the occasional MBAM scan.
>>
Why the fuck is the first "Check for Updates" on Windows7 taking so fucking long?
It's been going for something like four hours.

How would I check if it's fucked up?
>>
File: resume.png (28 KB, 535x688) Image search: [Google]
resume.png
28 KB, 535x688
I am a psuedoNEET (I take college online and spend the rest of the day doing nothing) with no experience whatsoever. I was thinking about calling around local roadside computer shops in my town to see if they are hiring. What chance do I have with this level of experience and the certifications I have?
>>
>>52013734
>How would I check if it's fucked up?
hit cancel and retry. do not restart until it's done
>>
>>52013738
>bible school
>>
>>52013760
Depending on the location that can actually look really good on a resume.
>>
>>52013768
well, on 4chan it doesn't.

anyway, your cv looks fine for what you're looking to do. you could get a job with less. unless you're already in your 30s
>>
>>52013760
It was when I was fourteen.

It's only the real shit I've ever done in my life so I'm not leaving it out. Plus it makes me look like someone with upstanding morals.
>>
>>52013738
>american """""education"""""
>>
File: 00.png (60 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
00.png
60 KB, 1024x512
>>52013744
>hit cancel and retry
How?
Closing the window doesn't seem to stop it, and there's no buttons to control it.

Also, what harm could rebooting possibly do? I'm not installing anything, just checking for updates.
>>
>>52013822
>just checking for updates.
sometimes when it says checking for updates it's actually downloading them. rebooting could cause a file to become corrupt, resulting in a corrupt update being installed during the reboot. good luck after that, it happened to me before.

i'd wait for as long as you can, but not more than a day. after that i would risk a reboot. you can't be too careful with windows updates.

usually there should be a cancel button, though. sorry mate
>>
File: 789067439572395692.jpg (278 KB, 761x843) Image search: [Google]
789067439572395692.jpg
278 KB, 761x843
>>52013821
>was able to get industry certifications in high school
>somehow this is still not good enough
>>
>>52013857
>rebooting could cause a file to become corrupt, resulting in a corrupt update being installed during the reboot
They're not even using fucking checksums!?
>>
>>52013890
maybe they do now, this happened to me years ago. but it was with windows 7. because of that experience i'm staying away from windows 10 and its forced updates.
>>
someone on twitter called me bad names

can i just buy a domain with the same name as his username and claim copyright/send a DMCA notice?

anyone know of any other instances where DMCA/copyright trolling can be applied? maybe send takedown notices to reddit/4chan?
>>
>>52013912
You could just block them.
Or ignore them.
>>
>>52013738
Use a different font, a sans-serif one. Instead of "Have taken classes" use "Trained to use / in the use of". Put your volunteer work into extra-curricular unless it's relevant to the job you're applying for. Use the Experience section for things like, "Assembled personal computer" or "Configured home network for DHCP". It sounds like stupid bullshit easy things but that's what they will be looking for so that they know you can at least do basic things.

This is kind of a nitpick but maybe instead of "increasing my own skills" you could use "grow as a professional". It just sounds better.

>there are people who started high school after I graduated on /g/ right now

Jesus, now I know how my coworkers feel.
>>
>>52013912
Given I've received 64kB in the last minute (with a bunch of 4chan pages autoupdating), it doesn't even seem to be downloading much.

What the hell is going on?
>>
ubuntu or xubuntu for babbys first disto?

ubuntu looks more noob-friendly and easy to get used to (from win7)
while the laptop is a big piece of shit i still think it should be able to run ubuntu at a decent speed without needing a super-ultra light OS

thoughts?

thanks in advance
>>
File: ptani.gif (74 KB, 298x226) Image search: [Google]
ptani.gif
74 KB, 298x226
What distinguishes a Software Product from Software as a Service?
>>
>>52014325
You run software product wholly on your hardware. It works when you are not connected to network.

Software as service partly runs on your computer and partly on someone else's. It will stop working when you lose connection to network.
>>
>>52014349
Thank you
>>
>buying a new router

I've been transfering a lot of data over lan through my router, desktop - ethernet, tablet - wifi but noticed some bottlenecking.

Transfering a file from my desktop to the tablet I get 1.6MB/s, I've noticed if I start downloading something on my phone then the transfer from the desktop to the tablet drops to 500kb/s, is this just because it's a shit router provided by my ISP?

Model: Thomson TG782T

What specs should I look for?
>>
>>52012368

>21:9

Bad meme

>144hz

Bad meme

>1440p

Decent meme
>>
>>52014064
I would have answered Ubuntu before but I'm not sure anymore. What do you want to use it for?
>>
File: Samsung-SSD-830-RAID[1].jpg (145 KB, 841x623) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-SSD-830-RAID[1].jpg
145 KB, 841x623
What's a good program to check my disk health on Windows?

I see screenshots of some sort of an utility with read/write speeds etc. posted in SSD threads but I've never caught the name of it.
>>
>>52014064
Ubuntu is good. Nice forum support already has answers for any question you want to ask. But after a while unity begins to suck. It is irritating when you have many windows.

Xubuntu has far better look and feel if you want to get things done.

I'm currently using Ubuntu MATE because in Xubuntu my the display gets blurry when I scroll. So be sure to try a USB boot and run pages in the browser.
>>
What's the easiest way to add a GUI to my Java programs?

I really don't wanna have to remember how to code that shit in myself.
>>
reposting from previous thread
i have a web app that i can access with localhost:8080/myapp
i want it to be accessible through the internet.
i already have a domain name www.myapp.tk which targets my public ip address 111.111.111.111
when i try going to www.myapp.tk:8080/myapp, the browser cant reach it
what do i have to do?
i read somewhere that i have to tweak my router and forward port 80 to my local ip address 222.222.222.222, but do i really have to do that?
>>
>>52010541
C:\pics\YLYL\g\
>>
>>52014464
netbeans drag and drop gui builder
>>
>>52014486
Forward your ports
>>
>>52014464
Why the fuck do you post a large image. Just for that I will not answer your question.

Here's mine. Are you retarded?

>Answer
Yes.
>>
>>52013924

Your best choice is to ignore people since internet feuds are pretty much retarded and make you seem childish.

You're not a child are you?
>>
>>52014486
>i read somewhere that i have to tweak my router and forward port 80 to my local ip address 222.222.222.222, but do i really have to do that?
Yes.
>>
>>52014512
In the time it took you to be a retard you could've scrounged up a few pennies to upgrade your wal-mart internet.
>>
>>52014064

M I N T
I
N
T
>>
>>52014419

CrystalDisk
>>
>>52014512
Here's mine:

What is the problem with posting large images?
>>
>>52014384
It's kind of hard to know what to look for in a router because not many chips get benchmarks. As a general rule though, the more you spend the better it will be, with exceptions of course.

My recommendation since I'm a miserly bastard is to buy an older router off of ebay. I bought a Linksys E3200, put DD-WRT on it, and it easily handles my desktop, laptop, and phone.
>>
>>52014486
You do have to do that, and in some circumstances that might not even be enough.
>>
I'm still running a GTX 560 Ti on my computer.
What would a good upgrade be (for a reasonable price)?
>>
what would be the best way to scrape all possibilities of a url using a 10 digit product code. example someurl.com/products/1948257830. if some of these are known is it possible to find patterns some how?
>>
>>52014718
Doubt there are patterns. Those are probably auto-incrementing database integer identifiers.
>>
>>52014718
I'd just write a short python script. What are you trying to accomplish?
>>
>>52014742
they don't have a billion products
>>
>>52014771
Then you obviously should provide more information along with your question.

My answer is, no, I don't think there is a software that will make this kind of analysis for you.
>>
>>52014756
just scraping information. doing a billion Web requests doesn't seem intuitive because they the codes are not incremental.
>>
>>52013738
>Proficient at writing, Have won contests in the past for writing samples

>error in basic grammar in the one sentence that is most likely to be scrutinized

fucking lel
>>
sigh. im trying to install my video card drivers on my newly built pc thats running ubuntu. the card is sapphire radeon r7 270 4g. i manually searched for the driver on the ati website and download. the ubuntu software center said that shit was a bad package but i installed anyways. within a few min of installing ubuntu showed an internal error but i forgot what it was. being new to linux i had a hard time finding the drivers to set my shit up i decided i should reboot. ubuntu doesnt fucking open. there's only an underscore up at the top left. do i really need to reinstall/format to fix this?

tldr

>new pc
>new to linux
>install video card drivers and reboot
>ubuntu wont open
>only shows underscore at top left

anyways to fix this without a reformat/reinstalling ubuntu?
>>
>>52013738
>useless boilerplate """"objective""""

Who thought this was ever a good idea? I'm not in HR but if I ever saw a pretentious faggoty sentence like this on a resume I'd throw it immediately into the trash
>>
I have installed Ublock Origin and whenever i open a youtube video on youtube's site it first becomes static-y gray and says "a error has occurred", then it automatically immediately reload the page (but not always) and the video works.

Instead when i open a embedded youtube link on 4chan it just show the static and "a error has occured" and nothing else.

What configuration options do i have to mess with to remove those annoyances?
>>
>>52014902
nm dont bother im just going to buy windows.
>>
>>52014902
Nigga you fucked up. Use the "Additional Drivers" window next time to enable proprietary drivers, but be aware the AMD proprietary drivers are absolute trash. Just stick with the default drivers Ubuntu installed, it will be the X.Org one in the Additional Drivers window.

>>52014955
I went to a resume writing course (it was free through work and I got the day off for it, don't judge me) and they told me to put an objective there too. Also a "Skills" section that they recommended me put nine useless words like "Intuitive" in to. Don't blame him, blame the shitty people who make these courses.

>>52015014
This isn't a problem with ublock, it's a problem with your HTML 5 or flash player. Youtube attempts to load one or the other, fails, then reloads the page under the other player and it works. This is also why embedded videos don't work because they won't contain the reload script. Youtube HTML 5 needs to call a shit ton of other things for the player to load, an addon like Request Policy may be blocking one of them.
>>
File: bw685s2wh_1.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
bw685s2wh_1.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
Would the Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2 work with a Pioneer A-20 amp?

I don't know much of these things.

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Speakers/Home_Audio/600_Series/685.html
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Hi-Fi+Audio/A-20
>>
>>52015090
>This isn't a problem with ublock, it's a problem with your HTML 5 or flash player. Youtube attempts to load one or the other, fails, then reloads the page under the other player and it works. This is also why embedded videos don't work because they won't contain the reload script. Youtube HTML 5 needs to call a shit ton of other things for the player to load, an addon like Request Policy may be blocking one of them.

I only have ublock origins and Ubuntu Modifications (it's there by default it seems).

How can i see which player is the culprit and how can i "switch" priorities so that the working one is used first?
>>
>>52015120
I assume you don't have Flash installed since you're on Ubuntu, so it's probably loading Flash first then going to HTML 5. Download Youtube Center https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki/Developer-Version and then set the Default Player (under the Player tab) to HTML 5 in the little gear at the top right of the Youtube page.
>>
i'm upgrading to a 980 ti. can i use my old 8800 gts as a dedicated physix card? is there any benefit to this or is the card too old?
>>
>>52015177
no

just no. forget it, horrible idea
>>
>>52015149
Does Shockwave Flash counts as "flash" or just Adobe Flash?

And if i remove Shockwave would FF go "whelp! Looks like i don't have flash, better use HTML5"?
>>
File: yes ok.png (17 KB, 612x567) Image search: [Google]
yes ok.png
17 KB, 612x567
>>52015237
your saving me some work, thank you.
>>
>>52015244
It's all the same, but the Flash for Linux is old and doesn't receive development any more, just security patches. That's why I assumed you didn't have it installed, and that's probably why it doesn't work with modern Youtube.

I can't say I know if removing it will make Youtube load the HTML 5 player by default, sorry.
>>
>>52015297
Ok, i went to the github page and tried to install from file (since i couldn't otherwise find it in the add-on manager search function), but it says that it can't install it because "it is not verified".

Now the questions are, once again, twofold:
1) How to solve this inconvenience?
2) What dark, ancient god from beyond the veil does one have to sacrifice his/her soul to in order to find the solution by themselves (not by googling or asking) without going insane?
>>
File: kurwaAaa.jpg (109 KB, 1023x283) Image search: [Google]
kurwaAaa.jpg
109 KB, 1023x283
How do I stop that fucking piece of shit popup dialog box from appearing? Not just for this single tab, but for a whole domain.
Ublock element blocking doesn't work, I just can't find a good way to do it.
>inb4 why russian malware sites
it's a file host for muh illigal music downloading, werks fairly good except for those fucking adfly redirections
>>
time to fresh install windows. got all the drivers ready etc but i don't know what chipset drivers do i need, fuck intel and their product names. do i need intel rst? intel mei? intel rapid start? intel smart connect? fucking jews. the os will be installed on a ssd set in ahci.
>>
>>52014810
That's a period, you faggot.
>>
>>52015383
Try noscript/requestpolicy, some fiddling required (mostly figuring out by trial and error what to allow and what to forbid)
>>
>>52015367
Install Greasemonkey, which is a script manager for Firefox, then install the YoutubeCenter.js file.

I don't think finding all the solutions by yourself is feasible. That's why communities like /g/ and the Ubuntu forums exist. to collect knowledge on things like this so it can help others.
>>
>>52015421
No other options not involving installing other extensions? My computer is already whining like a pig with those 8 extensions installed.
>>
File: THE CURRENT YEAR.jpg (61 KB, 599x487) Image search: [Google]
THE CURRENT YEAR.jpg
61 KB, 599x487
>>52015451
>2015
>not having a xeon 18 core and 128 gb of ram
>>
File: 1423752768552.jpg (46 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1423752768552.jpg
46 KB, 600x600
>>52015467
>almost 2015+1
>being born in mideastern europe
I know I fucked up senpai
>>
File: tmp_19324-1450444982053810451897.jpg (267 KB, 1250x1680) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19324-1450444982053810451897.jpg
267 KB, 1250x1680
There's a file on a computar, it sayd the filepath is too long to move the file into the recycle bin. I tried shortening to 1 char the names of all its the directories that contain it, because the compy won't let me rename the file itself (plays the windows error sound whenever I try, and I have admin privileges). Still no luck, too long (file name itself is hueg).

pls help ;_;
>>
>>52014405
eh mostly just browsing, movies, office(libre) tools, gimp/ps in wine. that kinda stuff.
the laptop's pretty slow on win7 so i'll probably just switch
>>
>>52015440
got greasemonkey and the .js.

Set the default player as HTML5 but it still reloads the page
>>
Is gtx 960 good?
I'm doing my final considerations. A simple yes or no would do too
>>
>>52015586
Well shit, I'm not sure what it could be. Sorry m8.
>>
>>52015539
use 7-zip, add to archive, then check delete original file.
>>
Wait, is there a minimum amount of RAM needed for Windows Update?
>>
>>52015606
Maybe.
>>
File: 01.png (37 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
01.png
37 KB, 1024x512
>>52015714
(picture)
>>
>>52015714
it uses upto 3gb ram when scanning for updates as it needs to simultaneously cross reference the database and match the packages for your architecture (32/64), hardware and other misc updates.

Windows update is a clusterfuck and the most complex update system ever created which is what an M$ employee posted on the forum.
>>
>>52015714
>>52015731
>Running 7 with 512mb ram
Holy shit what are you doing
>>
>>52015770
He would be living on the Edge if that was Windows 10
>>
>>52015770
Virtual machine.
I used to have an XP VM but I lost it. Rather than digging it out of my old drive I figured I'd set a new 7 VM up.
I'll try again with 1GB.

>>52015791
I've not had good luck with Win10 VMs.
>>
>>52015791
8 and 10 use less resources than 7
>>
>>52015802
Why assign so small ram amount?
I assign 4 or 2gb to every 7 and up virtual machine so they work properly.
Also, install whatever VM software drivers so you get aero acceleration, leveraging the desktop rendering to the gpu helps a lot.
>>
I've had this laptop since 2013. Since I installed windows 10 the power doesn't shut off completely when I shut down and it doesn't go into sleep. The power and wifi lights stay on. Would updating my bios possibly help?
>>
File: 02.png (31 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
02.png
31 KB, 1024x512
>>52015819
>Why assign so small ram amount?
I'm on a crappy old netbook. I only have 2GB RAM, total.

>Also, install whatever VM software drivers so you get aero acceleration, leveraging the desktop rendering to the gpu helps a lot.
Already have.
I should disable Aero though.
>>
>>52015936
>Running Windows Update inside a Virtual Machine running on an Atom cpu with just 1GB of ram
Holy shit that will take literally 24+ Hours.
Why dont you just make your own windows 7 iso with slipstreamed updates?
I made mine, its like 7gb with all versions, or you can just grab one from torrent sites if you don't fear the botnet.
>>
>chrome
>highlight text
>right click>"search text in google"
>new tab opens and focus shifts to it

Is there a way to make the google tab open in the background and keep the focus on the current tab?
>>
>>52015962
>Why dont you just make your own windows 7 iso with slipstreamed updates?
Is that including the updates into the ISO image?
How would I go about doing that?
>>
>>52015969
hold control when you click "search text in google"
>>
>>52016003
I used this:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1313265/guide-using-win-toolkit-integrate-updates-drivers-customize-windows-7-8
>>
>>52016032

Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>52015926
No answers?
>>
>>52016183
Windows 10/8 take some time to fully shutdown after turning the screen off.
Have you clean installed 10 already? Also make you sure you have every driver up to date and fully updated windows.
>>
File: Software_Chromium.png (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Software_Chromium.png
53 KB, 500x500
are there forks or better builds of chromium that include flash, AV and other necessary plugins?
>>
Does anyone have recommendations for custom pc sites?
I live is an area that's highly conductive of static electricity and I don't want to fry anything again so I'm perfectly willing to drop a few hundred so I can blame someone else (and get it replaced) when shit breaks.
>>
>>52010541
How do you apply thermal paste the right way on i5 6600k
>>
>>52016477
>flash
>necessary

You could disable Flash right now and wouldn't notice that it's not there anymore because most websites have stopped using it. Good riddance.
>>
>>52016515
twitch
nice shitpost tho
>>
>>52016508
>a few hundred

Do you mean paying a few hundred to have your custom rig built for you? Cause I know a Spanish website (think a Spanish PCPartpicker) where you pick parts and stuff and they will build the PC for you for an extra €45, not a few hundred

If you're thinking of buying prebuilt, don't.
>>
>>52016528
Use Livestreamer to view Twitch streams.
>>
>>52016528
livestreamer
>>
>>52016562
>>52016564
>more unnecessary bloatware
stop quoting me morons
>>
>>52016558
Well custom as in they have a large variety of parts to choose from, or that you tell them, and they assemble it at home base then send it on over.

By few hundred I mean on top of parts and software costs.
>>
>>52016586

Charging "a few hundred" on top of the parts price just for building it sounds fucking ridiculous to me
>>
>>52016574
Livestreamer runs better than flash on browser, try watching any 1080p60 stream on fullscreen from the browser then try to watch them on livestreamer.
Also no ads, no chat and they video dont freeze when you load a heavy page on the same browser.
>>
>>52016637
I'm thinking in terms of business. The actual trouble to build it isn't much, but when you throw guarantees and testing on top of it with shipping and handling as well as paying for the man hours. I'd say its fine charging anywhere from $150-$200 on that alone and that's not including warranty.
I mean its a bit silly in the economic sense that you could build it yourself, but from their standpoint its perfectly acceptable.
>>
Is there anyway to actually hide posts in 4chan x without the post still showing up like this? Specifically for filtering posts.
>>
>>52016780
I'm pretty sure there's a "hide post stub" option.
>>
>>52016809
Oh wow, thanks anon.
>>
Someone told me about hackerrank.com yesterday and I think it's interesting.
Is there websites like that for Germany specifically too?
>>
>>52010541
>>52010541
I can't access my router through browser. It just says time out. I tried every IP 'ipconfig' would show.
>>
What are the windows 7 telemetry updates I should avoid? Googling brought up a small list and remember you guys having a pretty indepth one.
>>
Can someone point me in the right direction for customizing my homescreen/icons on an Android?
>>
Is there a way my mom can use her normal webcam with her Samsung Smart TV? I don't want to tell her she needs to pay a hundred bucks more just for a compatible webcam
>>
>>52017348
I had this same issue recently. The generic IP for my router was 192.168.1.1, but the tech guy who installed it changed it to 192.168.6.1

If its a home router that you set up, call the manufacturer. If its a business, call the guy who set it up.
>>
>>52017798
Because im not sure how to check what the IP is on the router if its been changed
>>
Oops posted this in wrong thread but

Idiot here, I was cleaning my comp and plugged in a 4 pin connector from PSU to mobo thinking it was a fan connector. Cue smoke and a pop, and now my motherboard turns on, the fans spin but there's no video. I've tried breadboarding, same thing. Useless and partially dead mobo confirmed?
>>
What's a good budget 1150 motherboard for gaming?
><$100
>no need for sli
>USB 3.0 at least once
Rest didn't matter.
>>
Where would one look to find key caps to fit a Unicomp model m buckling spring keyboard?
I've loooked for a while, but never got an answer
>>
Got a R9 390 today. Installed into case. 1 cable from PSU with one 6+2 pin and one 6 pin into the card. The light on the side of the card comes on, but the fans don't spin at start up and nothing detects the card. Device manager, speccy, AMD catalyst, MSI afterburner. Is it dead or have I missed something big?
>>
>>52017685
>smart tv
are you sure it doesn't have one built in?
>>
>>52018138
Try different pcie slot
>>
What's the difference between the linux LTS Kernel an the other kerer that gets updated more often?
>>
>>52016515
I'm
>>52015014
And for some inane reason the HTML5 player doesn't work on youtube and it immediately reload and shift to Flash
>>
>>52018317
One gets updated more often
>>
File: about_1600px.png (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
about_1600px.png
1 MB, 1600x1200
Can an AMD virtual box be emulated on an intel machine?
>>
File: IJustDonatedToWikipedia.png (568 KB, 1449x755) Image search: [Google]
IJustDonatedToWikipedia.png
568 KB, 1449x755
Did I do'ed good, /g/?

I also started harassing my friends to also donate! :-)
>>
>>52010541

I did the mistake of upgrading my drivers (352.86) when i didn't needed, just because they were "new". From there, i only had problems.

>353.30 had a bug where gpu heavy software freezed for 5 seconds or so
>358.30 introduced stuttering "shadowplay" recordings
>358.50 improved "shadowplay" a little bit but introduced a bug where every 3 or so minutes, the mouse sensibility got doubled (i have a CM xornet)
>358.91 fucked my Sony Vegas. It crashed every time i pushed play (but fixed my mouse sensibility issues)
>359.00 doesn't crash sony vegas anymore, but the "video preview" stays black when i play my edits
>359.06 & 361.41 apparently fixed all my problems but now i get input lag when i record with "shadowplay"

Then i downgraded to 352.86, but as soon as i executed "Nvidia GF Experience" i got a BSOD with the error "Driver IRQL not less or equal" and then windows stooped booting. So i installed "Display Driver Uninstaller" and removed everything in safe mode. Then i installed the last driver that worked somewhat fine for me (353.30) and i got a BSOD with the same error as soon i started windows.

I lost faith in the official forums after they told me that i needed to use a SSD to get 60 fps "shadowplay" recordings, even after i told them that on older drivers it worked fine on my WD HD.

Formating is my last option but i'm lazy and i want to learn to solve this problem.

tl;dr
>Anon wants to downgrade Nvidia drivers but Xe can't.
>>
At work we use win7 (ie8) and often like 2-3 times a day it will just get really slow, the solution that seems to help is to do disk clean up.

Now is there a way to make a .bat file that would do this task when its run?
>>
File: 1426380275603.gif (493 KB, 385x289) Image search: [Google]
1426380275603.gif
493 KB, 385x289
Why is Deluge down, and where can I download a legitimate version of it?
>>
How do I forward only one website to a certain DNS?

Like, I want only Netflix to go through a certain public DNS, not all traffic.
>>
File: 2000px-Deluge-Logo.svg.png (574 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Deluge-Logo.svg.png
574 KB, 2000x2000
Okay, so I fell for the Deluge meem and downloaded it. Seems to work fine but I have two issues:
1. Can't change language. I found a fix to start it from a batch file but this doesn't really change the language permanently. What do?

2. I added several trackers for a torrent but for some reason Deluge is only using the top one. How do I fix this?
>>
>>52015014
>>52015120
>>52015244
>>52015367
>>52015586

I'm the poster of the posts quoted above.

Looks like setting
>media.fragmented-mp4.gmp.enabled
to TRUE cause webms to work and the HTML5 youtube player to shit itself.
If it is set to FALSE instead the youtube player works fine but the webms don't work.

Well, what can i do now?
>>
Why does cyberpunk stuff use half filled-in hex designs?
The answer is because it looks cool and artists copied cool looking stuff from other artists, but I assume it has some sort of tech or mathematical basis.
>>
>>52018857
forgot pic
>>
>>52018513
Don't use IE. There are portable versions of Firefox and Chrome. Why the hell would you use IE?

>>52018543
https://web.archive.org/web/20150906021133/http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Download

After selecting operating system, you might want to adjust the date at top to get the latest version possible. For example, Windows will only display 1.3.11 unless you change the date at top to a more recent one.
Deluge took down their website because someone obtained their database of forums users and their encrypted password.

>>52018547
No idea how to set which DNS-server will be used on specific websites. One solution I can think of would be to add all DNS-servers you will use to the IPv4 settings of your network adapter and then download a portable version of whatever browser you use. Use a firewall to block connections to the DNS you don't want to use for the application. Then use normal or portable web browser depending on which DNS you want to use. Also out of curiosity, could you explain why you would want to do this?
>>
>>52018557
which language do you want kommie?
>>
I have dual screen. When i play civ V on the main screen, how do i make window of the game not go down, when i click on something on the secondary screen?
>>
File: 1395329591470.png (477 KB, 653x766) Image search: [Google]
1395329591470.png
477 KB, 653x766
>buy a 40" Sony kdl40w705 smart TV mainly to just play games
>Full HD, 200 Hz everything looks fine
>get home and read the fine print
>Motionflow XR 200 hz
>the actual screen is a 50 hz
FIFTY FUCKING HERTZ. Does this insane bullshit mean if playing at 60 fps the TV will DROP a few frames only to ADD intermediate blur frames? I mean, I am yuropoor, but it's 2015.

Here's a link if it helps http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions/w700c-series/specifications
>>
>>52018893
Because I want to access Netflix through Chromecast. Now I thought of adding the custom DNS to my phone instead and that works, until I want to stream it.
It's Google that's being a bitch about it. I have to forward their DNS through my router and then to another custom DNS so it 'thinks' I'm in the US.

Now I don't like it if every website I go through goes through a free DNS because I don't trust it. That's why I only want to forward Netflix to it.

it is possible by the way, as you can see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2435579&page=32
top comment, but I don't have DD-WRT, and certainly nothing that remotely looks like the options it got.
>>
Why do all software developers seem so depressed all the time?
>>
>>52018857
>>52018879
You just answered yourself, so why ask in the first place?
>>
A lot of my old, low res videos files tend to have this sound desync in them (I usually have to make the sound +150ms delay to sync it) and i can't figure this out. Thing is, it only happens on my computer, no matter what player, no matter what renderer i'm using. If i'm playing the same files on my phone for example, the sound is synced fine.
It seems to happens only with low res files (480p and lower), doesn't matter the format either, it could be AVI or MKV or OGM.
what could be the problem and how can i fix it?
>>
>>52018893
Because I am not an admin and random exe files cannot be run on those systems
>>
>>52018935
American master race of course (also known as English by less educated people). Most things just sound weird and confusing in my own language. Oh yeah, I'm a Windows pleb too.
>>
>>52019073
>I have to forward their DNS through my router and then to another custom DNS so it 'thinks' I'm in the US
wut? it should do geo lookup based on your ip not what dns you use lol
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 881x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 881x760
>>52010541
Non-/g/ person here.

My question: how does the (filesystem of) permanent storage on phones such as pic related write data with respect to hard, physical location? Do they overwrite randomly, or do they always write at the physically first available free index?

Context: I did a recording, accidentally turned off the phone, and like the retard unbelievable that I am, I then started another one. Thus, I'd like to know if the next recording ate the beginning of the first one, or did it (hopefully) begin writing at some completely other index, which successful recovery seems to depend on.

Clarification: I don't know the exact filesystem/storage mechanism of that phone, but I trust that it is roughly consistent for this class/tier of phones.

Please help. Thank you.
>>
>>52018997
Did you even read the info in the link you provided?
Your tv is capable of 1080/60p, just select game mode in tv settings, thats usually for best latency and zero postprocessing
>>
>>52018997
Not "drop" frames, just not update fast enough to show them. Then it will interpolate your screen up to 200hz.
The input lag will be real.

Check if it supports 60hz with bullshit disabled, if not you're out of luck.
>>
>>52019095

Because I assume that, somewhere along the line, someone who had a passing knowledge of tech integrated it, and then it became a meme. Or maybe it doesn't have a basis, but it would take someone with more tech knowledge than I have to say that hex grids have nothing to do with technology.
>>
Are North Bridge and south bridge the same thing now, if yes how's it called?
>>
>>52019218
If the recording was kept in ram or in some temp system file then its lost,
if the phone saved data to internal memory/sd card in *real* time then it should have created the file in something like /Videos and it should contain at least part of the recording.
>>
>>52019219
>1080/60p
Note that it says nothing of the screen refresh rate which is 50 hz. 60 frames per second while the screen itself refreshes 50 times per second? I doubt.

>>52019226
It has a "Game Mode" like most Sony TVs, I suspect that might be it.
>>
>>52019173
Netflix and Chromecast do a lookup on DNS.

Anyway, is there really no way to forward only Netflix to that custom DNS?
>>
File: 1416216679438.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1416216679438.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>52018138
Fuck it, I give up.

>>52018316
Thanks for the attempt.
>>
>>52019302
>If the recording was kept in ram or in some temp system file then its lost

There must be only some sort of a buffer and files being written permanently as they are recorded, because I've made recordings that are a couple of hours long with that phone, which almost certainly exceeds its volatile memory, because it is a pretty old model.

>it should have created the file in something like /Videos and it should contain at least part of the recording.

It didn't, but again, I'm pretty sure it's written some of it, which is bound to be extractable from a drive image. The question is whether the subsequent recordings overwrote it or not. I see that phones use 'flash memory'. How do pendrives work? Do they distribute write operations randomly, physical location-speaking? That's what I'm counting on re. recovery.
>>
>>52019387
In other words, the filesystem entry hasn't been made, but I'm pretty sure the data is there -- the question is, the whole or a part.
>>
File: facebook.png (87 KB, 648x696) Image search: [Google]
facebook.png
87 KB, 648x696
What is up with facebook sending me all these notifications about new login-ins? They are always near my own location, and I am pretty sure I haven't been hacked.
>>
Hey gang. I need help finding a graphics card upgrade to what I currently have. I have a AMD Radeon 5450 in a Dell Optiplex 790 small form factor desktop.

I've been googling and can't seem to find a solid answer. Any suggestions what card to choose for an upgrade?
>>
>>52019526
750 ti
>>
>>52019526
go to logical increments and locate your card or it's equivalent on the list an look at what the next tier up is
>>
>>52019341
Thats not screen refresh rate but frequency of electrical current in eu/uk
>>
>>52019491
Try changing your password and your default email (just to be sure) and see what happens...
If it stops, someone had been using your account... or you fixed a random bug haha. (not really)
>>
What's the best way of wiping a hard drive so nothing will show up even with (simple) recovery software (like Recuva)? I'm just re-gifting an old external hard drive (don't give a fuck) and want it to be "fresh" beforehand.
>>
I want to program a personal mouse macro in C++ but I don't know where to start in terms of what libraries to use. Can I get a pointer to where I can learn more about this?
>>
>>52019573
>>52019593
Thanks guys.
>>
is it safer to use sudo or a root accout on my server? what do companies do?
>>
>>52019643
a single pass with dban should do just fine, but if you're really paranoid, run recuva after wiping and see if anything shows up as recoverable
>>
>>52019128
My bad then, I assumed that since you're using IE8 he had no idea on basic security. Anyway to answer your original question...

I guess what helps is to delete temporary internet files so the simplest thing to do would be to go to Internet Options -> Browsing history -> Settings and set the disk space used to 0 MB. If you can't do this because you're not allowed to change the options, a batch file containing this should do it:
del %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\* /s /q

Also if possible, talk to your IT admin about either upgrading to Internet Explorer 11 or if you can be allowed to use Firefox or Chrome instead.
>>
>>52019387
>>52019416
('Wear leveling: flash memory devices tend to wear out when a single block is repeatedly overwritten; flash file systems are designed to spread out writes evenly.' from Wiki gives me some hope, but I'd sleep a bit better with a better source. Sage.)
>>
>>52019643
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdx
>>
>>52019678
just use a nonroot account and log into a terminal with su when you need to do several administrative things, sudo is generally for just doing one thing or one thing at a time. su keeps the elevated privilege till you close the terminal
>>
I just updated Fedora and it killed itself and I can't really be assed to fix it since I hated the fucking thing anyway. I'm fairly competent with linux, and I'm looking to switch to a unix like operating system that just werks, is customizable, and doesn't fucking break / need to be frequently updated (this is not necessarily required)

I assume Arch would be a shitty option, although customizable, gentoo seems like a pain, which really leaves slackware and a variation of BSD. I realize that linux software can run in a compatability layer in BSD, but I don't really feel inclined to deal with that.

Essentially what I'm asking is how /g/ feels about slackware as a stable, customizable desktop distribution.
>>
>>52019627
I have changed it several times, and even went as far as installing a new operating system in order to make sure something wasn't on my computer like a keylogger. I still get the notifications.

From my google research it seems it may be an issue with my ISP and it changing the location it associates with my IP address.
>>
>>52019746
slackware is just kind of meh, and pretty much all linux distros are as customizable as you want to make them, just pick one of the buntus based on your de of choice and go from there
>>
>>52019526

From what I can google about your system, your PSU is extremely low power at 240W. Your current GPU is actually also pretty weak: It has a lot of VRAM, but its actual GPU processing power is extremely low. This is a $40 card.

The Nvidia GTX 750ti is a very low power draw card, but even its rating is 300 watts minimum.
So if you want a better graphics card, you're going to HAVE to get a better power supply. A decent one will run you ~$80-100, so keep that in mind for your budget.

Also, look up what your processor is and tell us, so we can give you a better recommendation on what card to get. You can do this without any extra programs by going
Start --> Computer --> System Properties (Near the top of the window)

So with that out of the way, what is your end-goal for gaming? Are you wanting to run Witcher 3 and GTAV at max settings, or do you just want a machine that will play Skyrim and Dota better?
>>
>>52019703
Talking to admin/it department is pointless. Simply reaching them on the phone is impossible. A network card got disabled (for whatever reason) on one of our pcs, it took 3 days for admin to come to our office and reenable it (log in as admin and go to device manager and set enable).
Thanks anyway, I will try that command tomorrow.
>>
>>52010541
How much performance does wine take out of Windows programs?
>>
>>52019853
-20%

yes, it actually runs them better than Windows
>>
>>52019821
Hey man. Thanks for your help. This is the link to the computer I have. I inherited it from my research lab

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/optiplex-790-sff/pd

As far as the specifications go I have the following:

System Information
>Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1Ghz
>8192MB RAM

Display
>AMD Radeon HD 5450
>Approx Total Memory: 4338

I don't necessarily want to have the strongest computer for ultra settings but I'd like to be able to play newer games on low or whatever. I can run Fallout 3 on high and Skyrim on low currently.
>>
Just installed Mint 17.3 and noticed that my screen is randomly flashing, didn't have this issue on 17.2 and have no problems on Windows neither.
I googled it and found some outdated solutions, ran some xrandr command which I believe was responsible for refresh rate, but didn't help.
I also noticed that windows have tinting effect now when they have a popup preventing me from closing them. It is usually then when the flashing happens although can't be certain if it's somehow related to it since it doesn't happen at all times.
Any idea what could be causing it and how to fix this? Should I just go back to 17.2?
>>
What would be a good cpu to pair with an old hd 7870? I'm thinking on upgrading from a shitty athlon x4 750k, looking at the xeon e3 1231v3. Would the gpu bottleneck the cpu pretty badly? I imagine it'd do real well with games that are cpu intensive, but would it fuck my shit up? If so, what cpu would pair well?
>>
>>52020206
i5-6600
>>
File: buttcoin.gif (30 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
buttcoin.gif
30 KB, 300x316
I just built an Intel i7-4790k, GTX 980, 32GB RAM workstation.

What's the best cryptocurrency to try mining? Are Bitcoins and Litecoins still a thing? I haven't mined in years.
>>
>>52013738

>age: 26
>>
>>52020221
>What's the best cryptocurrency to try mining?
in general, you look for whatever is the newest thing that hasn't yet launched, gauge whether you think it has enough behind it to make it on an exchange, and then sell whatever you get mining in the first 24 hours

if something is more than 24 hours post-launch, it's not going to be worth the electricity cost to try mining
though most of the junk coins you mine are going to be worthless and not hit an exchange either

making money from cryptocurrency is more about playing the market than it is about mining
>>
Should I use Visual Studio right now? All my tech friends are ripping on me for using notepad++ instead of visual studio, but its only been 2 weeks since I even looked up how to code. Im learning python.
>>
>>52020405
all your tech friends aren't really techies then, you're fine with notepad ++
>>
File: IMAG1204.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1204.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
two of these good for $20?
1/3
>>
>>52020436
Thanks, but should I learn how to use it right now? They were really making fun of the fact that I did not know what it is, or how to use it. All I know is, its a huge download, and looks like itll take time to learn.
>>
File: IMAG1205.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1205.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>52020522
2/3
>>
File: IMAG1206.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1206.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>52020540
>>
>>52020526
meh, if you're gonna take the time to learn something they you may as well learn vim or emacs, and yes both have windows versions
>>
>>52020569
thanks anon.
>>
>>52020217
Any idea why?
>>
>>52019981

The good news is that your CPU actually has a better passmark score than my current CPU, and I'm running Skyrim on max 60fps and most new games medium-low 40-50 fps, so you're actually good there.

An AMD R9 280 or an Nvidia GTX 960 would be best to pair up with that CPU, but they might not fit in your current case. Since your PC comes in a number of form factors, I would just open it up and measure from the back to the nearest obstruction towards the front.
The R9 280 requires 275mm (11 inches) of clearance and the 960 requires 241mm (9.5 inches)
And while you're in there, do you actually have a GPU plugged in? I suspect it might just be the onboard, which performs way worse than any standalone card.
>>
>>52020598
then you can mock your friends since visual studio as far as I know is not cross platform
>>
File: 20150612_134420.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150612_134420.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
I bought a chinese bluetooth speaker from a(black) guy with a duffel bag who walked into the barber shop the other day selling bluetooth headsets, speakers, ect.

I bought this sucker home and it sounds nice, has good build quality and a nice fat magnet.... then I began to get paranoid thanks to Mr. Robot.

What are the chances that China makes bluetooth speakers to hack into phones/spy on people?
>>
>>52020522
>>52020540
>>52020560

You need to pop the grill off and look at the speaker. Is the cone ripped if it's paper, or cracked if it's poly?

What size speaker is it? If it's a subwoofer you'll want to play something with heavy bass (e.g., Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb) to see if it clips it.
>>
BEST FREE OPEN SOURCE PDF READER FOR WINBLOWS
>>
>>52019957
Is it really that good? The only reason I haven't switched to Linux is because I heard that it tanked performance by around 70-80% in games
>>
>>52020636

Do you want free open source because you want to hack, or because paranoia?

LibreOffice can into PDF.

FWIW, Chrome (inb4botnet) contains a sandboxed PDF viewer.
>>
>>52020631
yeah looks like the cone's ripped on all of them. thanks for the advice
>>
File: freenas.png (205 KB, 789x693) Image search: [Google]
freenas.png
205 KB, 789x693
Rate my freenas budget build?
>>
what happened with Conky-manager?
>>
>>52020656
Linux isn't exactly good for gaming, personally I recommend dual booting. When it comes to other software, most of the stuff seems to have better performance on Linux, but there are instances when shit barely runs on it as opposed to Windows. Then again this is why you use Linux alternatives when available instead of running wine with Windows programs, which are usually worse than their Linux counterparts anyway.
>>
>>52020609
I have to go through the GPU to connect to my monitor. So I think the answer is yes?

I'll give it a look
>>
>>52020622
Oh, I will. I just got to get elite at coding first!
>>
>>52020717
Why not just get a Synology Diskstation and put a different OS on it? Would've been much cheaper.
>>
>>52021020
I looked up the specs on some qnaps and found that for the same price you can't get a cpu powerful enough for video transcoding.
>>
TVUnblock is a free smartDNS compared to its competitors that charge $50/year.

what's the catch?
>>
>>52021020
>implying the synology nas os isn't their major selling point
>>
>>52013822

You can reboot. But like what
>>52013857 said, a file can be corrupted.
At least in my case i could restore the machine, which it might take half an hour. Updated again and it worked
>>
File: Steve_Jobs_Cackling.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Steve_Jobs_Cackling.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
Anyone care explaining how to use classes efficiently to a guy that has only C as previous language? I mean I get it's a toolbox but I don't really see how to use it and how to organize my code with that compared to structures and functions which are quite clear in my mind.
>>
File: 970 Extreme3 R2.0(L1).jpg (541 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
970 Extreme3 R2.0(L1).jpg
541 KB, 1200x1000
I've just noticed that my Assrock motherboard supports two CPU fans
CPU1 has 4 pins and CPU2 has 3
What's the recommended place for putting the second CPU cooler?
>>
File: 1443907535336.jpg (69 KB, 612x465) Image search: [Google]
1443907535336.jpg
69 KB, 612x465
How do I assign "domains" to local ip addresses?

I've got a webserver with a photo gallery running on a Pi for my family and I don't want them to have to type in the IP each time they access it.

I remember seeing someone do it before and they said something about DNS, but I really don't know anything about networking.
>>
what's the difference between

>.bashrc
>.bash_profile
>.bash_login
>.profile

All of these text files (can) contain settings for my environment variables, aliases etc. But when do I use which? And why does distro 1 use .profile while distro 2 uses .bashrc?
>>
>>52021362
either a dns server or you can hardcode the ip addresses in the hosts file
>>
>>52019387
>>52019416
>>52019712
Bump, but with every shitty 4chan (and anonymous) related code I remember myself having written over the years. ;_;

http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/review/180000 -- backups 4chan posts
http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/review/181437 -- helps find Omegle strangers
http://pastebin.com/s21g7DWJ -- collects numerical results in 4chan threads
http://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/15952851/#15953701 -- finds old threads
http://pastebin.com/Ut8MHmA5 -- transliterates Unicode -> ASCII for >>>/r9k/
http://pastebin.com/k5Qs0ARJ -- improvement of the >>>/r9k/ ROBOT9001

'Will code for answers in a question thread.'

Anyone?
>>
File: 1572879-a.jpg (13 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1572879-a.jpg
13 KB, 350x350
>>52021333
If your CPU cooler has PWM fans grab a PWM splitter and plug it into the 4-pin (PWM) CPU fan header. Then plug both fans into the splitter. You'll have pulse-width modulation on both fans. If your cooler only has one fan then just use the second CPU fan header for normal case fans.
>>
File: zimbabwe.jpg (393 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe.jpg
393 KB, 1280x1811
Forgive my ignorance, but how do I obtain a cracked copy of an OS? Specifically Windows 7. Torrents just seem to be loaded with spyware and viruses.
Finding product keys would also be useful.
>>
Anyone have any tips for reducing eye strain from constant computer usage? I need to be on the computer all day for my job and it's never been an issue for years but lately my eyes have been bugging me. Got some visine drops which seem to help a bit temporarily but not really in the long run.
>>
>>52021621
>Take breaks
>See an optometrist about glasses
>Look into various eye exercises
>>
What's the best domain registrar?
The .com i want is taken but not used, what domain should i use instead (leaning toward .co or .net, .io seems mostly for tech related stuff and my business isn't tech related)
>>
>>52021467

Get an untouched iso from MDL, you're not going to find an unused key so you'll have to settle with KMSpico or whatever the fuck they're using on cracked Windows these days.
>>
>>52021467
On TPB some uploaders are "verified". Those are trustable.
Otherwise private trackers, those are always trustable.
>>
>>52021101
botnet

Also from the FAQ on their website:
>Q: How is this free?
>Sharing something that we find useful and having others get enjoyment out of is our main motivation, so please tell your friends. We also employ limited ads on the website and accept donations to offset costs of hosting.

>>52021467
This is the one I downloaded years ago, it has no malware.
https://torrentz.eu/ed187975b49cff09779bc0d8e1a700fd7a0b8447

You don't need any product key, just leave it blank during installation and then use Daz Loader.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=71049811477552525162

Please not that some antiviruses will detect Daz Loader as malicious. While some versions are indeed infected with malware, this one is clean, which is why I'm being nice and uploading it for you so you don't have to risk getting some shit included.
>>
>>52021621
Lower brightness. Then lower it some more.
>>
>>52021704
I haven't seen any ads so far and donations don't pay off 8 servers in different countries.

The privacy statement says:

>We have minimal logging that is an aggregate of which services are used the most and to meter bandwidth load across servers. We do not inspect, manipulate, log, or sell your information and traffic

tl;dr how safe is my ass?
>>
I just installed my 960 a few hours ago. Everything worked well. Whenever I moved it to my room nothing comes on the screen during boot up. I have no clue what could've happened. I've tried reinstalling it. Nothing. guys please help I'm about to lose it.
>>
>>52020206

Go with intel if you want to play them gaymen and get the most out of your GPU.

haswell unlocked i5s go for cheap nowadays, you can wait for prices to drop from the absolute fucking bullshit they are right now and DDR4 with dedicated GPU is a meme anyway
>>
>>52020717

>Corsair CX series

enjoy your housefire m8
>>
>>52021690
What is MDL? Is it a forum or something?

>>52021704
Thanks anon, although the torrents unfortunately have no seeders.
>>
File: P_20151223_191626_1_p.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1753) Image search: [Google]
P_20151223_191626_1_p.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1753
>>52020717
>G3258
>$99.99
Jesus fuck you retard
>>
>>52021963
ya it's a forum, mydigitallife, you will have to sign up and hit a thanks button to see the links but they're good, untouched iso, and then grab either daz loader or mstoolkit to activate with
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/56439-Windows-7-ultimate-x86-x64-ISO-Download
>>
In shadowplay, is it possible to have only manual recording for desktop and shadow + manual in game?
>>
Just installed a new gpu and it worked. Now it's not working. What are the common problems?
>>
>>52022045
No, its a blanket setting that applies to both.
>>
>>52021283
Classes are basically type definitions. Blueprints for self-defined objects. They are (at least in Java) allocated in the heap by default (and you cannot change that behavior, at least in Java).

If you want to define a type "human", you do so by defining a class human. Any proper class definition should contain a constructor which is a function being called whenever you use the "new" operator.

The statement
Human h = new Human("myname", "mybirthday");

Defines a variable h of type Human and assigns the newly produced Human-object with the given parameters. You could call this constructor by defining the following class:

class Human {
String name;
String birthday;

public Human(String name, String birthday) {
// left side is object variable, right side is
// the given parameter. "this" keyword
// is a reference to the current object
// being called/instantiated

this.name = name;
this.birthday = birthday;
}
}

And you could access your new object by typing

String s = h.name;
System.out.println(s);

Hope that helps
>>
>>52022057
What did you do before it stopped working?

Things to check:
-Integrated Graphics settings in BIOS, make sure its not trying to use integrated video
-Unplug GPU and make sure PC is still working with integrated (narrows to GPU)
-Try different output ports on the GPU
>>
Is it possible to turn off my Dell 2515H monitor when the computer it's attached to is powered off? It seems like the power button won't respond after I turn my computer off, and then I have the blinking light all night long that I can't do anything about unless I want to unplug the thing.
>>
>set uTorrent 2.2.1 to load torrents from downloads
>replaces torrent file with torrent.loaded file
>gets mad when I move them out of download directory
how do I fix this
>>
I keep finding conflicting information on the Model, View, View Model pattern.

So let me get this straight:

The model is merely an interface that notifies when it has been altered.

The view model is responsible for updating instances of the model.

So if I had a model object called FacebookName and pulled a name from Facebook, I would pull that name from Facebook and intitialise the model object in the ViewModel?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.