[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GAMING MOUSEPADS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Now, I could've just brought this to /sqt/ but I thought it might warrant a discussion on it's own right.

Is there any truth to the whole "performance" mousepad market? I was fairly skeptical about high-grade mice until I actually bought one and realized how much of a difference a good optical sensor makes over a shitty cheap logitech laser one. But then there's mousepads. I've heard from some of the most reputable tech reviewers that mousepads can actually make a difference, and I have no idea how. Can someone better explain why I should invest forty fucking dollars into a sheet of fabric?

And assuming they are actually worth an investment... What are some recommended mousepads?
>>
Literally entirely preference, primarily based on how smooth and glidey you want your surface to be. Spending more than $15 on a regular mousepad or $30 on an XL mousepad is completely retarded.

I recommend http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WY1BDZE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01
>>
File: 1428759220898.jpg (94 KB, 667x960) Image search: [Google]
1428759220898.jpg
94 KB, 667x960
>>52008891
I wish they would make a gaming trackball.

Trackballs are the CRTs of mice. You can't beat them.
>>
>>52008891
Best brand for Mousepads is Artisan. Unfortunately they're Japanese made (inb4 weeb), and you need to import them. They custom make your pad with the surface and rubber strength you want.
Been using a Shidenkai Xsoft for years now. I've never seen anything coming close to that kinda surface anywhere again. It's textile covered with a thin (and flexible) layer of ultrafine glass pearls.
>>
It's just preference for glide and aesthetics
Pads that include the keyboard can be a nice aesthetic and functional touch on your desk
I prefer more resistant surfaces, go to your local computer store and test some different models out.
>>
>>52009139
How are their prices? I've wanted a custom print mousepad for a while now and as long as it is durable (I don't give a shit about some meme material for smoothness) and lasts me a long time without turning to shit I'd pay decently.
>>
>>52008891
I use a mtg game day champion mat for a mouse pad. Literally just a huge ass mouse pad. It's the shit though.
>>
>>52008891
got this senpai
http://www.inkedgaming.com/products/panoramic-desk-pad-36-x-11
>>
Puretrak Talent.
>>
>>52008891
http://zowie.benq.com/mousepads/g-sr
Going to be getting this once I get sick enough of my corsair one peeling. It's been alright and having lots of space is really nice but I have to say mousepads that go under the keyboard are a meme. The main thing mines lacking is vertical room honestly.
>>
>>52008891
they're all made out of the fucking same materiel, don't pay 40$ for snake oil
>>
>>52008891
I literally can't type the name of the best mousepads cause it's banned and I get temp banned every time I post the infographic on how to get them for ninety nine cents
>>
>>52010580
The Cow of Arts right? They still do those cheap cheap deals? Fuck why haven't I done this yet.
>>
>>52010580
>>52010708
I was told you can put the cloth mousepad of them into the washing machine just fine.
Anyone done it yet and can report back?
>>
i have a razer exactmat. horribly overpriced, but it's made out of aluminium and i wouldn't use anything else after using this pad. only good razer product.
>>
Heard that Steelseries QcK is one of the better mouse pads, they come in all the sizes too, but I don't know how should I pay 12-17 euro for it, when it's just a piece of fabric. Maybe when my old mouse pad completely rips up
>>
>>52010580
I was told the .99 cent mouse pad didn't work anymore
Maybe use a van to avoid the temp ban and post here for old times sake
>>
>>52009139
fuggen weeb
>>
>>52008891
Any differences between mousepad surfaces is preference and wont give you any special performance.

The biggest advantage to getting a gaming mousepad is the size. The steelseries qck+ is popular amongst pros, cheap and more than big enough for most people.
>>
Mouse pads I've own: steelseries sx ($50 aluminum) steelseries experience i-2 (icemat rebrand, frosted glass, $40), and the artisan kai and the glass version. ($50 each)

My least favorite is the artisan pads. They're very inconsistent in friction depending on the area, if you get near the edges the friction increases. Vertical movements requires more friction than horizontal movements. They're just shit in general.

My favorite has got to be the glass mouse pad. They're very easy to clean and provide amazingly smooth experience. There is no equal.

Aluminum pads are alright, they eat mouse feet like mad and pretty much shittier versions of glass pads. They provide more control.
>>
File: 1288515222228.jpg (659 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1288515222228.jpg
659 KB, 2048x1536
>>52010759
>>52010708
>>52010580
Has any one seen people still using those mousepads lately in battlestation threads? Used to see them every where when 4chan first discovered this deal, not so much now.
>>
>>52009114

Yes you can, as an avid trackball user I will say that for most anything gaming or fps, a normal mouse beats a trackball every time

That said I have an elecom mouse with the blue ball from my Logitech wireless trackball and it's lovely, it is smooth as fuck and has a slowdown button for precision like my g502 has

Good shit, but mice are still better
>>
>>52013737
I used to have that keyboard threw it away not long ago. It was a good keyboard served me well then i gave in and got a mechanical keyboard
>>
>>52013737
I still use mine daily, but battlestation threads are cancer so you'll never find me there.
>>
>>52014654
How long have you used it for? Also post design.
>>
File: jLwQcqnQHh9fcv9-mXLb2g-default.jpg (157 KB, 620x600) Image search: [Google]
jLwQcqnQHh9fcv9-mXLb2g-default.jpg
157 KB, 620x600
>>52014665
I only bought this one recently, but I have a few others from earlier years like Horse Pussy and a Knight Solaire design
>>
>>52009352
About 20-30 Euro/USD for a mousepad, plus shipping and import fees.
Afaik (it's been two years or so) they don't do custom prints, although you could always ask.
>>
>>52015361
how bad is it for mouse/mouse feet to use a mouse on shitty fake wood tabletop ?
I'm at my mothers for the holidays and I've bought SS Rival 300, I want to test it in 14 days in case I would return it, so can't wait until I get home
Don't care about the surface damage, only about the mouse, the table is fucked either way
>>
>>52016009
Depends on the surface. If it's somewhat smooth, it won't do much to them than cant be polished off on a pair of jeans. If it's fairly rough, use a sheet of paper or whatever else you have as a mouse surface instead. Deeper scratches increase drag in a negative and uncontrollable way.
>>
I just want a generic, durable, large black surface without brands or patterns. Why is it always always have to be gaymen faggotry?
>>
>>52017152
QcK has little branding, compared with possibilities
If you want brandless pad, why doesn't your stupid ass search on generic electronics shop, where they sell pads at like 2-3$ a piece, you will find more or less what you want there
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.