[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Radeon is fucking garbage. Jesus Christ I want to kill myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 270X_Straight_On_575px.jpg (42 KB, 678x345) Image search: [Google]
270X_Straight_On_575px.jpg
42 KB, 678x345
Radeon is fucking garbage. Jesus Christ I want to kill myself for buying into this shitty meme video card line. They could not have failed any harder with their garbage tier software if they had tried.

The drivers are utter trash, half the 2D environments I run have shit flickering in them, I figured they were outdated drivers but nope, fully up to date. I had to navigate the god awful, slow, hardware intensive radeon application to even find it. And then after a while I see there's and easy peasy overclock tab. I should have been smarter than to use it but I did. As soon as I hit apply my computer fucking crashed.

Fuck you and, fuck you radeon, and fuck you windows. I'm going to go install fucking gentoo.
>>
hires year repertoire
>>
>>52008598
What card anon?
>>
Got to go geforce 960 plus
>>
>>52008598
dont feel bad op, i fell for the amd meme once as well
>>
At least it looks good
>>
>>52008598

>get hd 7790 three years ago
>get driver issues that get fixed eventually
>each driver makes my card run better and better
>crimson releases
>pc runs faster and cooler at the same time
>temps went from 75°c to 72°c max even oc'd
>>
File: fgm.jpg (9 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
fgm.jpg
9 KB, 300x200
>have older radeon
>use free driver
>no screen tearing unlike in 7
>no 2D complaints
>>
Works for me
>>
Only flickering I get is the compass in Fallout 4, which is a known issue they are working on.
I don't understand how the crimson control panel thing is 'hardware intensive' what kind of piece of shit computer are you running on?..
And as for your OC problem, do you know how OC'ing works?...because it sounds like you really don't.
>>
Literally have never had a problem with my 290X.

Even works great for PCI passthrough, something Nvidia wants you to get their expensive Quadro cards for.
>>
My 290 has been perfect. It's probably user error.
>>
>>52008598

thats funny OP
i went from owning a 290X to being tricked by /g/ into buying a 980ti

payed 800$ and after intalling the card, i didnt notice any difference between anything.
i game in 2560x1600

so i started benching, using just about every benchmark software i could find

it turns out the 980ti was only 5fps faster than my 290X on average

im sure as fuck glad i still had time to return the 980. no way in fucking hell that card is worth anywhere near its price. not even worth half of it.

but i can see why everyone shills nvidia
i would be shilling too if i spent so much money like that
>>
>>52011259
What's your cpu
>>
>>52011363
>>
Got a 970 and it often crashes during certain games. But other games, like fallout 4, it plays perfectly.. So I'm not too upset with my purchase.. But I'm willing to try something new
>>
>>52011259
If this is true, then I feel better about buying a R9 390 for 1440p gaming.
>>
File: 1437740717509.jpg (319 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
1437740717509.jpg
319 KB, 1803x1351
>>52008598
PEBKAC
>>
Except it isn't true and this faggot is an idiot. The 980ti shits all over the 290x in every way imaginable. What is it with people sucking AMD dick here?
>>
>>52011912
Wow there Sherlock, who would've thought that a GPU more than two times more expensive is better?
>>
>>52011680
>970
>>
>>52011750
Damn this looks comfy.
>>
>>52011259
You're paying for PhysX
>>
>>52008598
My 7850 works just fine thanks, you probably just forgot to uninstall the older drivers
>>
>>52011259
>5fps faster
which is easily within the softwares inability to accurately rate fps

yes there's an error rate when measuring fps
>>
>>52008598
Faggot looking for some attention the post.
>>
>>52013171
The BMW M5 is about 150 mph faster than a Honda Civic which is easily within the range of error of the speedometer

Ya know, speedometers are not 100% accurate
>>
>>52011912

>shits all over
>+15fps
>just 300 dollars more goy! You're not poor are you?

Kek, enjoy your gimped & deprecated card in a year, you'll get Pascal then right? I mean you're not a poorfag right?
>>
>>52008598
Thank you for your post, Rajesh. Your 20 Rupees have been deposited into your GeForce® Brand Awareness account.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.