[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building my first rig and wanted something that was a good b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: buildit.jpg (190 KB, 1200x1137) Image search: [Google]
buildit.jpg
190 KB, 1200x1137
Building my first rig and wanted something that was a good balance between performance and price. Opinions?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wtfJJx
>>
fuck off
>>
>assrock
>>
wtf JJ
>>
No need for such a large power supply in that build. However, its all around great for the price besides that.
>>
Search for cheaper ram?
>>
>>52007775
Just make sure that case is compatible with microatx. Otherwise good.
>>
>>52007912
I realize it's a bit overkill but at that price figured I may as well get 750 for future upgrades
>>
>>52007775
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wtfJJx
>>>/v/
>>
What are you gonna use this computer for?
>>
>2015
>No SSD

wat
>>
here ya go fag
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nWHk23
>>
>>52007775

Try to get a better deal on a HDD. There will be sales, hit some deal sites and snatch one.

>>52007982

Any future upgrades will be a new system, so you might as well get a new PSU. But the price isn't terribad.
>>
>>52008463
You can get an 850 EVO with the same capacity for the slightly less. Anyway, that motherboard is fine, unless OP wants to add a second card in the future.

>>52008609
If he plans on throwing a second 380 in there in the future, I'd keep the 750 PSU. Otherwise something smaller would be fine.
>>
>>52008733
650 PSU* from http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nWHk23
>>
File: Miniwa.Tsumiki.full.1076575.jpg (707 KB, 1653x2338) Image search: [Google]
Miniwa.Tsumiki.full.1076575.jpg
707 KB, 1653x2338
Here to hijack OP's thread, holy shit senpai. I just finished building my first PC. First time, fucked up everything, too much thermal paste, heatsink bracket too loose, graphics card power, everything. I almost gave up and resorted to local repairman. I gave it one more go, took apart everything, cleaned everything, assembled everything again and cried tears of joy when that BIOS screen loaded! I'm here senpai. No more of this Anthlon II x2, 3GB ram, onboard graphics that I've been shitting on for years.

Good luck OP, you can do it. Just do it
>>
>>52010066
Nice job!
>>
>>52010066
I'm proud of you anon
>>
good build but instead of a 380 i would suggest a 960 for driver support as well as preformace and reduced temps. i can vouch for that.

as far as mobo goes, asrock is okay... that being said i would suggest an asus or gigabyte although a bit more the gigabyte sli would do perfect for the 960 i mentioned. if not that route any boards made by them would be great

as for ram, well done although pricey they are some of the best sticks you can find. if you wanted to go lower i would stick with the corsair vengence, or the kington fury hyper x. both would do the job just as well, but not better.

nzxt make solid cases so thats a good one but air flows not the greatest so make sure to use all fan ports if possible. water coolings always better but if you are sticking with fans whoch is perfectly fine just make sure to have positive air pressure in the case to reduce dust and keep it clean. if you dont know what that is you should look into it.

as for the cpu, its perfect but its a little price so be on the look out for sales.

the hdd is awesome at that price point but ssd will be snappier. just dont cheap out with a seagate trust me the WD is waaaayyy more reliable and 5 bucks more!

all in all its actually still a great build but dont forget the os. if its a gaming biuld i would use anything but win 10, but if its not ubuntu, mint, and arch linux would all be fine.
>>
File: build.jpg (49 KB, 488x782) Image search: [Google]
build.jpg
49 KB, 488x782
>>52010845
do me, do me!
>>
File: pc.png (45 KB, 449x777) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
45 KB, 449x777
Rate my build /g/.
My current GPU is a FirePro V4800, it will be
replaced if i got some spare money.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.