[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audiophile Snakeoil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: audioengine-d1.jpg (31 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
audioengine-d1.jpg
31 KB, 500x441
THIS THING DOESNT DO SHIT.

I bought this thinking it would improve the sound coming from my headphones. It did jack shit. I tried it with Bose QuietComfort 15, Sony MDR-1RBT (Wired) and a pair of Sennheiser HD598s. I'm glad that I can send it back.

Is this just pure snake oil or am I doing something wrong?
>>
File: charls.png (743 KB, 616x587) Image search: [Google]
charls.png
743 KB, 616x587
>>52002604
>Bose QuietComfort 15
>>
>>52002620
120 euros secondhand. I cant complain, they're nice for traveling.
>>
>>52002604
>buying audioengine shit

this is the equivalent to beats shit for audiophiles
>>
>>52002604
>THIS THING DOESNT DO SHIT
It converts analog to digital.
Wat did you expect it to do?
>>
99% of "audiophile" equipment is snake oil. Literally all you need is a decent pair of cans and a not-shit sound card and you're on equal footing with people who spend $1000 on an aux cable and cable elevators
>>
File: sony-nw-zx2-100539283-large[1].png (113 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
sony-nw-zx2-100539283-large[1].png
113 KB, 580x388
You don't your mobile phone or a Sansa for music like a poorfag chump, do you, goy?
>>
>>52002654
https://youtu.be/B2PCt-LQXzI?t=119
>>
>>52002604
should just bought a fiio dac
>>
>>52002604

Should bought one of these badboys

http://www.stealthaudiocables.com/products/Sakra/sakra_V12.html
>>
>>52002604
>OP is retarded and doesn't know what a DAC is, throws tantrum
>>
>>52002604
Retard, that's a DAC, it's just reduces jitter. If you didn't have jitter in the first place it won't do shit.
>>
>>52002859
The shop I bought it at even told me it would improve my sound.
>>
>>52002698
>cable elevators

Oh god I crack up every time someone mentions those
>>
>>52002888
they also should have told that if you don't think so, you could return it
>>
>>52002604
Op that isn't a DAC, that's why the quality is crap
>>
>>52002703
>believing niggers
They gonna bullshit their eyeballs out to make a dollah.

>>52002888
Nice get, but still
>believing a salesperson
Imma tell you a lamp can suck your dick if i need to sell my shit.
>>
>>52002888
>shop
>as in commercial place that operates for profit
I'd be surprised if they told you it didn't.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (145 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
145 KB, 1600x1071
>>52002888
The bike expert at the grocery store even told me a cable lock would secure my bike.
>>
>>52002888
well no shit they make money when they sell you things u dumb mf
>>
>>52003008
>>52003013
>>52003036
He assured me it did, and told me I could send it back if I wasn't happy with it. He'd make a loss if he knew he was talking shit.
>>
>>52003069
boy u got some thangs to learn bout the world son feel bad for u t.bh fa.m fukboi lik u make world go round u feel me
>>
>>52003069
Of course he assured you, that's his job.
They are trained say anything that make you want to buy the thing, under the assumption that you're too dumb or gullible to notice.

How do you not know this, the #2 thing tech sales workers complain about is the lies they have to spew to keep their jobs.
The #1 thing being how stupid and gullible their customers are.
>>
File: freeman_right.jpg (72 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
freeman_right.jpg
72 KB, 800x598
>>52003136

Can confirm.
>>
>>52003069
>>52003136
Well at least you can return the thing if you don't like it.

Still, d/a converters ain't doing much of a difference.
If you really want good sound, grab a good pair of headphones [critical], and find a proper analog stage/amplifier [important].
D/A conversion today is pretty well sorted out in the main consumer price ranges so don't worry too much with that part.
>>
>>52003069
u stupid son
>>
>>52003069
son u dumb as fk
>>
>>52003250
>D/A conversion today is pretty well sorted out
It has been for a while, the issue is with shielding and thus noise. For example most internal soundcards suffer from other components in the mobo, it's not that they are bad, they are not just properly isolated.
>>
>>52003136
>the #2 thing tech sales workers complain about is the lies they have to spew to keep their jobs.
This is my life in a nutshell.
>>
>>52002698
It's funny how audiophiles obsess over retarded shit, but ignore room placement/treatment, which actually makes a huge measurable difference.
>>
Whats the cheapest amp that works well with hd600? I will be using my laptops audio out as source
>>
>>52002698
That is the ugliest mirror I've ever seen. This Suburbville, Sprawltown - not the fucking Versaille.
>>
>>52002604

These DACs are pretty situational. I wouldn't use it as a daily driver with my PC. The DAC on my motherboard works just fine. There's some slight hissing or white noise depending on how I configure it in software, but other than that it's fine.

Where I would like such a device, however, is when I need to watch TV with headphones. God damn, the DAC in my TV sucks assburgers.
>>
will a focus rite 2i2 fix the USB interference noise I'm getting? already tried different ports and unplugging all my other ports
>>
/g/ loves to lump together the idiots who pay for cable elevators and people who buy $300 speakers "because they're both audiophools". It's the same as lumping together the guy who spends $2000 on a huge spoiler for his Civic, and the guy who buys a BMW 3 series and spends a lot of time trying to improve its performance.

Or to use an analogy /g/ would understand, it's like saying "why would you spend $700 on a video card when a $350 PS4 does the same thing? That 980Ti is just snakeoil." If you can appreciate the difference that the extra money gets you, then there's nothing foolish about that.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.