[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets end this once and for all. People who don't use Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
Lets end this once and for all. People who don't use Linux are faggots. There is literally no reason not to use Linux.

Linux is the best you can find in the internet. Just uninstall your shitty OS X and Wangblows bullshit and feel the freedom!
>>
File: 1401326882401.png (2 KB, 178x167) Image search: [Google]
1401326882401.png
2 KB, 178x167
today op was correct and a fine gentooman
>>
File: 1432670290800.png (33 KB, 1401x958) Image search: [Google]
1432670290800.png
33 KB, 1401x958
>>52001546
upvoted
>>
i used linux for a long time
free software is a big sucess
windows is still the best for gaming
>>
>>52001784
You are wrong. All the games that are actually worth your time are available on Linux.
>>
>>52001899
in windows it is super easy to get to gameplay, just torrent some repack or gog version and dive in
>>
I don't see why I should go through the trouble of switching.
>>
>No gaems
>No adobe
>No office
>Wifi drivers are shit
>>
>>52001899

They don't look as good, though.
>>
>>52002157
See >>52001899
for games.

Rest is bloatware. You don't need that shit for actual work.
>>
>>52002157

Libreoffice is far better than Microsoft office.
>>
I just actually managed to force Linux on about 170 employees in our company. Suddenly it seems that people get much more work done than they did before.
>>
>>52002371
>Office
>Adobe
>Not work
Jesus christ you freetards haven't worked a day in your lives have you?
>>52002409
I'll take that as a yes
>>
some people just like other things
>>
>>52002433
You don't need any of that. Adobe is replaced by Evince which is superior in every way and for communication you use Slack.

Also, what kind of shit job do you do that needs Office. Just install IntelliJ and you got all you need.
>>
>>52002433

Military.

They try to make me use Microsoft shit for unclassified documents. I just use my thinkpad so I can use libre instead and e-mail it to my government computer. In fact, I use my personal computer for most of my work because Linux is far superior.
>>
>basic operation impossible without documentation found on the internet

ah let me just buy all the unix books then.
truly, it is the year of the linux OS.
>>
>>52002565

/help tells you everything you need, though.
>>
>if it doesn't work on linux you don't need it

goddamn freetards are so retarded
>>
>>52001899
And games that dont have a opengl option?
Name anything thats come out since summer that runs in wine
>>
>>52002601
See >>52001899

If a game does not work on Linux, Windows AND OS X, then it is a shit game and you should not give the lazy developers any money for it.
>>
>>52001899
>tfw Linux has no games, and this is still true
>>
>>52001546
But...which Linux??
>>
Last time I checked, games do work on Linux but you do sacrifice performance compared to Windows. This still true? It is literally the only thing stopping me from making the switch.

Laptop's been running Mint since the day I got it because I don't play any games on it.
>>
File: 1448911227310.png (295 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1448911227310.png
295 KB, 512x512
>>52002668
Does it matter?
>>
>>52002686
Not sure what you mean by that. I use a GTX 760 on my machine and everything runs fine. I am able to run my games on 144 FPS whish satisfies my 144Hz monitor.
>>
All you faggots are wrong. ReactOS is where its at.
>>
>>52002701
Well last time I looked, some games had barely any difference, but some had FPS drops of around 20-30FPS. I can get 60FPS constant on Metro LL set to Ultra easy, but on Ubuntu, best it could do is 28FPS avg. Might have changed now because it has been a while since I last tried it.

Also I'm running a 4790k and a GTX 780
>>
>>52002751
Make sure you also use the latest Nvidia drivers not the stable ones.
>>
>>52002626
>Deflecting
So directx11 games work in wine?
Last i remember they were almost done with dxd9.
AKA You're full of shit faggot
>>
>>52002751
Last i looked any dxd11 games will not work(protip majority).
Most games dont even have an opengl backend option anymore.

You're full of your delusional shit.
Even wine-staging with csmt is dogshit performance IF your game will even get past the installer
>>
File: 1436527702443.png (9 KB, 1023x766) Image search: [Google]
1436527702443.png
9 KB, 1023x766
I like Linux and was looking forward to jumping into it, yet when I got my 12 inch 1080p laptop I found out that there is no decent window scaling and I'm basically fucked.
>it looked so good on WB
>>
>>52002853
Ubuntu's window scaling works pretty darn well for me.
>>
>>52002799
Stop taking drugs. It seems they have fucked your reading comprehension.
>>
hentai games are keeping me on windows.
>>
>>52002878
Maybe stop being a faggot?
>>
>>52002874
You still haven't listed any current gen game that works on wine that requires dx11.
Just claiming "HURR DURR ANY GAME THAT IS WORTH PLAYING WORKS". "WORTH PLAYING" Is subjective you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>52002825
Delusional?

Not that anon but you missed the point entirely, he's proving Linux game performance is shit you stupid faggot, also you don't know Wine to run Metro, it's got a dedicated Linux port
>>
>>52002853
Dont use the debug wm??
Its ment for basic window backup incase you fubar your driver.It will still run as a base wm.
>>
>>52002890
never
>>
>>52002905
You fail to understand my point.

If you have to use wine to play a game on Linux, then the game is complete and utter shit.

If the game was made from the beginning so that it could played natively on all the major operating system, then this means that the game might actually be worth your money?

Do you fucking understand now you fucking dumb curry nigger?
>>
>>52002934
So you must only play shity indie side scrollers.,and consider that "NEXT GEN"

Take your lips out of your anus and be coherent. Spouting that ANY GAME WORTH PLAYING works,is a blatant lie.Name a AAA game release since summer that works OOTB.
>>
>>52002975
There has been no worthwhile AAA game lately. If you buy CS:GO and Dota 2 then you are completely fine.

Casual games or for degenerate imbecils.
>>
>>52002934
>>52002975
>>52002994
>not pirating all your games (except multiplayer ones)
Pirating is way more easier on Windows.
>>
>>52003012
See >>52002994
Any game that is single player is to be considered a casual game.

If you are not playing a game competitively then you are wasting your time.
>>
>>52003012
>windows
So its harder to go to a torrent site and download a pirated copy with cd crack.Then it is to on linux?
That proccess is os-neutral.Is all in an internet browsing client.
>>
>>52002687
HAHAHHAHAHA

WINDOWS FAGS ACTUALLY DEFENDING THIS SHIT IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>52003037
The autism in this post is burning my skin and blinding me.
>>
>>52003070
Get some glasses then, faggot.
>>
>>52002157
>No gaems
The very few games that I care about are on linux and work well, even better than on windows in kerbal's case
>No adobe
adobe is mostly a meme used by windows crusaders that MUST argue and justify their choice of OS. Most of them run pirated version of photoshop (I bet that creating vector graphics are far beyond their capabilities) and have never used majority if its functions. Most of the 'work' they do could be very well done in MS paint if it had layers and blending. The issue here is that they have developed habbits and fanboism. Except very few cases when you actually NEED photoshop is when you work in CMYK, in other cases gimp is just fine.
>No office
That's not like ms office is this piece of software that can't be replaced. Most of the corpo world run on it and if u need to exchange documents with them then use ms, but say if u run your own business and need functionality not compatibility with suite that does not give a fuck about global standards then you're just fine with libre, google docs (or wps)
>Wifi drivers are shit
Had a problem once, but also had same problem on windows. Linux solved it by plugin a lan cable, on windows i had manually find the rite driver and then install it
>>
>>52003165
> Most of the 'work' they do could be very well done in MS paint if it had layers and blending.

Top fucking kek!
>>
>>52003049
I doubt that a game gets cracked and published 1-3 days after release on linux, even just alone because it has such a small userbase. On Windows you crack a game often with just inserting some files into a folder or launching a program, on linux it is way more complicated.

Also if you use public trackers you are literally wanting to pay to copyright trolls.
>>
>>52003235
>way more complicated
So writing an iptables rule is hard?
>>
>>52003165
but anon, you are a retard if you don't run photoshop in linux, and illustrator too!
>>
Windows is better.

Visual studio >>>>>> vim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> emacs
>>
>>52003356
i thought we were talking about native apps; also I don't pirate anything but music and then I often buy it if I like it
>>
>>52003356
Gimp with PS plugins and them and bings
Krita
>>
>>52003375
This.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.