[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
In a video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of Cock.li – an anonymous email provider service – said German authorities had seized a hard drive from one of its servers that used to host the service in a Bavarian data center.
The email provider was thought to have been used last week to send bomb threatening emails to several school districts across the United States, resulting in the closure of all schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District.

https://my.mixtape.moe/kchcwy.mp4

German authorities took one of the hard drives, but the other mirror drive is still in use.
But the significant risk still remains – the German authorities have had their hands on a lot of sensitive data of the users including:
>SSL keys and Private keys
>Full mail content of all users
>Hashed passwords
>Registration time
>The last seven days of logs
>>
>>52001268
slowpoke_breakingnews.jpg
>>
>>52001268
Good thing I never used email for anything past verifying account creation on whatever site. I never use email unless I have to.
>>
File: hushush.jpg (73 KB, 257x375) Image search: [Google]
hushush.jpg
73 KB, 257x375
>>52001268
>90% chance of dicks
Based VC
>>
>>52001268

>didn't use disk encryption

people used that shitty site?
>>
>>52001463
People don't use pgp when using an email service provided by some neckbeard from his basement?
>>
>>52001584
unless this pgp meme gets a browser extension, it'll never be used
>>
This wouldn't happen if you people had just used Yandex.

Your data is only safe outside of the US sphere of influence.
>>
>>52002712
>Yandex
stop drinking so much vodka sergei
>>
>>52001584
while using PGP is good that does not negate disk encryption being good practice.

>>52002674
>browser extension
>not using thunderbird
>>
>>52002674
>>52002820
>>browser extension
>>not using thunderbird
this
>>
>>52002820
>>52003004
Is that extension enigmail?
>>
>>52003590
yes
>>
File: _74224485_74224482.jpg (105 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
_74224485_74224482.jpg
105 KB, 976x549
>cooperates with law enforcement
>they send their goons anyway
>across borders
>>
>>52001268
thanks for the info http://horsefucker.org/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.