[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>26yo >famous hacker >build himself self driving ca
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: geohot1-650x448.jpg (77 KB, 650x448) Image search: [Google]
geohot1-650x448.jpg
77 KB, 650x448
>26yo
>famous hacker
>build himself self driving car
>working for google project zero team
>won 1mln $ prize for self driving car conquest

what are you doing with your life /g/?

sheet posting in dumb thread and jerking off to weird shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTrgRYa2wbI
>>
>>51999618
Installing gentoo
>>
>>51999618
>uses ubuntu

gentoofags on suicide watch
>>
>>51999618
Why is the audio quality so shitty. Jesus, Bloomberg.
>>
Linux user
>built self driving car in his free time using free software
>won 1mln USD

Windows user
>videogames aren't for children I swear!
>won 10 good boy points from his mum for cleaning his room
>>
>>51999797
He uses mac os x on daily basic desu senpai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJM-iIpbqc
>>
>>51999618
what monitor is that?
or is it an all-in-one?
>>
>>51999797
More like:

Ubuntu user:
>Spends his time valuably, gets things done
>Is actually smart, doesn't need to prove his intelligence at every turn

Arch user:
>Neckbeard, probably a NEET
>Has no money because unemployed with no social skills
>Has average to below average IQ, feels he needs to constantly prove to the world that he is smart
>>
>>52000057
Someone is insecure. Did the mean arch ricers hit a nerve?
>>
>>51999618
>tfw I just rewarded myself with 2 rounds of league of lelgends after finishing programming homework and a math assignment

Feels bad man
>>
>>52000100
Why would NEETs upset me?

I'm just saying that most people with actual jobs use Windows, some form of Ubuntu, or Debian. Whereas only most NEETs who are into "ricing" use Arch.
>>
I still have 3 years
>>
christ I wish i wasn't a stupid useless piece of shit

still it's nice to see someone make Elon Musk sweat, that guy shits me
>>
>>51999670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_mzgdQGwY4

MAMBA!!
>>
>>51999618
hey george. does your car work at night? does it work when it's raining?

>>51999832
this, >>51999670 and >>51999797 should read this.
in the end, tools don't matter.
>>
>egohots
>>
he probably just stole ideas from people much smarter than he is just like with the ps3 hack thing
>>
>>52000234
Does your work at all ?

Oh right. You didn't build one, are probably unemployed, live with your parents, and can't get yourself to focus for 10 fucking minutes on another other than a video game.

..but whatever makes you feel better I guess!
>>
>>52000304
post your code so we can laff a bit
>>
Hotz looks like he's on amphetamines 24/7
>>
>>52000304
what's wrong with you, faggot? I'm just asking, didn't even try to insult you, retard. I know those are hard to do, which is why I'm asking.
great attitude, faggot. you'll make lots of friends that way... not
>>
File: 1450623302446.jpg (35 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1450623302446.jpg
35 KB, 400x388
that garage looks comfy af
>>
>>51999618
>that first shot with the garage opening and zoom-in

holy Asperger batman

what a fucking weirdo
>>
well truth is people are born with a different kind of brain structure, some people are more motivated in life, some people aren't, some people are confident, some aren't. plus intelligence plays a role, everyone is different and it's impossible for everyone to conform to some, "perfect way". society puts way too much expecations out there on people, truth is, if everyone was like him, he wouldn't be special. he should be grateful for the majority of the population to be dumbfucks.
>>
>>52000441
You see it wrong.

2k years ago majority of people was so dumb that today asperger neet is genius in compare to them.

It would be great for our kind if all people were dedicated.

but...

there are very racial reschearch that people born in rich families are not only smarter but also they have 3 times less chance to develop adhd and other need skills
>>
From what i've read, he probably stole all the things he claimed credit for, he does have a sweet garage though.
>>
I'm too busy being dumb and lazy
someone has to do it, ya know?
>>
garage seems like a bad idea for place where all your pc are and server, it can get robed eaisly
>>
Work as IT-Consultat.
Everybody thinks I'm really great since I'm working for a consulting firm.

All I'm doing is setting parameters in a Banking software. Earn more then real Consultants and work only 8.4 hours a day (if the day is long).

Life's great. I'm even wearing a suit.
>>
>>51999618
My upbringing didn't allow it.
>>
>>52000717
Why are you dumb and lazy?
>>
>>52000806
Wow, sounds like a life well spent
>>
>>52000864
cause it's easy
>>
>>51999670
>gentoofags on suicide watch

when will this reddit-tier meme just fucking die

>one thing happens that would make a group of people upset
>LOLOLOL [blank] ON SUICIDE WATCH
>LOL SO EDGY
>ITS FUHNY CAUSE THEY MIGHT KILL THEMSELVS xDDD

literally die
>>
Because I believe there is a point in someone's life, their young life, where they're exposed to what will ultimately be their life. What was Geohot exposed to that made him capable of hacking a phone at the age of 17? I know I didn't know jack shit about technology until I was 17. I didn't experience the internet until I was was 15. I still don't know shit about security breaching even though that's the thing in life I'm studying for. Something made him the way he is and I didn't experience that something. I experienced a minor dose of interest in a technological field I'm not all too certain I'm prepared for.
>>
>>52000924
are there any methods or drugs safe for long time use to start study hard?

I think I could achieve something, I am not dumb, but its really hard to work on hard subject for 8-10h/day for years
>>
>>52001030
This. I'm the same as you. If I had been exposed to computers at the age of 7 or 8 I'm sure I might be capable of some of what he's done. I'm not saying I would be his equal, but I would definitely be better off than I am now. It's all about your upbringing and when you're exposed to the subject you love.
>>
>>52000497
Do you have source on that research?
>>
>>51999618
work for a software company doing remote work in "the cloud" sector
complete my workload in a couple days and say I'm working on it all month
collect six figure salary for shitposting and getting high

feels good desu familia
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.