[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would Volta out perform Maxwell or Pascal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: NVIDIA-GPU-Roadmap.png (561 KB, 1189x664) Image search: [Google]
NVIDIA-GPU-Roadmap.png
561 KB, 1189x664
How much would Volta out perform Maxwell or Pascal?
>>
>>51998738
It is same architecture but on 16nm with minor changes. 14% best shot like it always has.
Greenland on the other hand, i'm pretty sure after Fiji AMD can make very interesting GPUs with proper manufacturing. GCN showing it's teeth even with 3yo design.
They dropped TSMC - samsung has proven to be very reliable, they are going to make both CPU and GPU alongside GF.
>>
>>51998738
Pascal is most of what Volta was intended to be at the point in time this slide was made.

The real question is what comes after Pascal/A.I. in terms of major architecture changes.

> nothing new on memory horizon after HBM 2
> shift from 16/14nm to ~10nm likely to take years
> Maxwell and GCN already very mature and flexible architectures
>>
>>51998738
depends on how much nvidia gimps maxwell and pascal
>>
>>51999952
>tfw they didn't learn anything from the TSMC vs Samshit cpu in the cuckPhone 6S.
TSMC is a way more reliable manufacturer.
>>
>>51998738
about tree fiddy
>>
>>52001062
Its hilarious to see retards still repeat this bullshit after it was entirely debunked.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iphone-6s-a9-samsung-vs-tsmc,30306.html
>>
>>52001271
>tfw my mom had a 6s plus, checked which cpu, samshit. Battery lasted 4 hours, it felt hotter than my m9 after 10 minutes, didn't even charge 20% overnight. She also bought it in early November, so it isn't from a rushed first batch.
>>
>>52001530
Isn't it what iphone does in general?

>>52001062
Their SSD are one of the most reliable around though.
>>
>>52001586
That's a whole other category of tech though. I'm a happy owner of a 500 gb 850 evo, and a not-really-happy-but-satisfied owner of a galaxy tab s.
>>
>>52001639
It is the same technology to make.
>>
>>52001663
Yeah right, they put A9s in the 850 evo and the galaxy tab s, right? Nope. It's obvious the ssds don't have cpus. And the one in the galaxy tab s is 28nm. The A9 is 14nm btw.
>>
>>52001720
are you for real? you should watch a youtube video about how chips are made
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.