[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have half a nanosecond to explain why you are not coding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: csharp3.png (68 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
csharp3.png
68 KB, 300x300
You have half a nanosecond to explain why you are not coding or learning C# right now.
>>
I am.
Making a VR game in Unity
>>
Because its Microshit memeshit

>b-but mono
lel
>>
>>51995670
>Implying I don't make $250k/yr developing FOR Windows

Lmao stay poor and NEET with your freetard meme shit.
>>
>>51995661
because i'm an Accounting departement cuck and i see no use of it personally in my job
>>
because i'm procrastinating heavily on my ASP.NET project. you're right, i should get back to it.
>>
>>51995775
>because i'm an Accounting departement cuck and i see no use of it personally in my job

Accounting is good, you might as well learn something like C# just for fun though.
>>
>>51995661

because i dont know where to start.

recommend some books
>>
>>51995661
because java is better
>>
i'm busy masturbating. fuck off
>>
>>51995878
>recommend some books

Yellow Book by Rob Miles.

Some other C# books. Really though you only need 1 decent book and then you can learn the rest from examples on MSDN and such.
>>
Coz clojure is better!
>Functional
>lisp
> Can use java libraries
What else do you need ?
>>
Because I started with Java and I don't see much reason to switch to a less popular language.

Maybe when I get good enough with Java that I don't live out of a reference book.
>>
>>51995878

If you don't have any experience at all, the For Dummies programming books are actually really good.
>>
>>51995661
I've started but when it comes to abstracts, structs, interfaces, etc I can't keep up.
I don't understand any of that stuff, and most of all I don't understand ow and when I would use any of that in practice.
>>
>>51995661
Because F# is better.

What the fuck is wrong with you that you've made this thread 10 times already? What do you get out of it?
>>
Does C# suffer from the things that people say Java suffers from? How do they compare in speed? I've always wondered why Unity supports C# instead of Java.
>>
>>51995901
Glad no one took this bait.
>>
>>51997508

Java is it's own platform.
>>
>>51995661
Holy fuck I just switched over to it and it is so fucking good. How can people use anything else?
>>
Becouse my mother coughs
>>
Learning C rinnow.
>>
I am using c#, really enjoy it.
The software my company writes uses C# and C++ (legacy code). And for my personal project I'm writing a game using mono game. Though honestly I should just learn Unity 3D.
>>
>>51997575
>Holy fuck I just switched over to it and it is so fucking good. How can people use anything else?

Literally this.

>Tfw was learning C++ and getting quite deep into it before I realized I'm wasting so much fucking time learning all this complex shit and confusing myself regularly, significantly cutting into my productivity and i'm not even "proficient" at C++

That's when i realized that C# really is a much superior choice.
>>
>>51997508
Yeah, they both suffer from the shit-ton of shit-tier programmers.
>>
>>51997829
Well if you make a language popular it's bound to have bad programmers using it.
>>
>>51997829
>>51997867
This.

Does C/C++ not have a ton of shit programmers who cause buffer overflows and other vulnerabilities?
>>
File: get(2).jpg (11 KB, 320x193) Image search: [Google]
get(2).jpg
11 KB, 320x193
>>51995661
I'm a functional retard that makes 60k a year driving a truck and I can't algebra. No need.
>>
>>51995661

Because I do C++
>>
>>51995847
accounting is bad

also because im doing crypto/network security
>>
>>51999187
Accounting is based

Who /CA/ here?
>>
>>51995661
because i don't want to expand Botnet OS
>>
I don't plan on being a codemonkey
>>
I am.
I just really like the language, it's like java but not for pajeet or faggots. I've been working on a robotics project for my company for a few weeks now and I've already convinced them to let me do the control system in a custom .net runtime I made for Linux RTOS. Life is good senpai.
>>
It's the best language by far; people who say otherwise don't realize how big of a language it is now.

They are also fags who only program C++ which is effectively becoming obsolete.
>>
F# is better. However, I am not using either right now because CoreCLR is not yet mature.
>>
>>52000091
F# is a byproduct of making .net 4.5

Now that you can do it all in C# you don't need F#…… Except for specific applications.
>>
>>52000091
I don't really get what this CoreCLR is. Is it a .net runtime, like Mono's? Also, why "core"? Is it incomplete
>>
Might be a good thread to ask, is there money in Windows 10 store applications?
>>
>>52000106
Not him, but there are some cool things like type providers and the pipe operator that I really enjoyed working with when I (briefly) got to work with it.

And now I'm back to fucking PHP and wonder whether it was array_filter or array_map that took the array first and the (ridiculously long) callback declaration last.
>>
>>51995661
Too busy learning assembly
>>
>>52000147
You can try Pharen (http://www.pharen.org/) at your risk.
>>
I know java and when I write C# code I pretend its java.... and it works
>>
>>52000191
I can't, I'm doing it professionally.

I would never touch PHP in my free time. ASP.net MVC with C# all the way.
>>
>>52000230
Fair enough.
>>
>>52000232
Pretty cool that that exists, thank you for sharing it.

Transpiling good languages into PHP... what an Idea. That would really get rid of the "but but all the webservers run PHP! Muh customers!"-argument.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.