[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why you started programming. For me, I was in middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: hackerproofing.jpg (224 KB, 565x350) Image search: [Google]
hackerproofing.jpg
224 KB, 565x350
Tell me why you started programming.

For me, I was in middle school and wondered how viruses were made. I then looked on youtube to try out batch scripting on Windows Vista. I made a program that looped the opening of command prompts and crashed the computer, and it was awesome.
>>
>>51994539
Dammit. These 14 years olds tick me off.
>>
>>51994539
When I was 14 I started learning programming in C++ But it didint work out then however I made my first virus .Like a year ago Ive started learning java and it is awesome for me
>>
>>51994609
How old are you?
>>
I wanted to mock the aspiring CS-fags at my high school, and then later at university, by showing them how easy and overrated their field was.
>>
>>51994617
19 But after I started programming in C++ I became interested in IT - I built my first pc, hacked my school website through kali(I dont even know why I did it), etc.
>>
>>51994657
Woah, you must be 1337.
>>
>>51994539
I've played lots of NetHack and ADOM in the late 1990s and wanted to make my own roguelike. I didn't get too far but I've learned a lot - I remember implementing Dijkstra's algorithm for pathfinding.

I started out with Pascal but moved to C very quickly.
>>
I got my first own computer in 2011, instantly realised windows sucks, installed Gentoo, and started learning C because why have a computer if you can't program it to do what you want. School taught me Java and Python, I am now programming in Go and C pretty much exclusively, doing security engineering at a decent uni.
>>
File: doge_hands.gif (808 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
doge_hands.gif
808 KB, 207x207
>>51994657
>hacked my school website through kali
wow h4x0r
so much haxxker
wow
many kali
that linux
much linux
>>
>>51994539

RuneScape botting
>>
>>51994734
were you too poor to play some real games?

I tried nethack a few years ago holy fuck it's infuriating how I couldn't get past 5 minutes without dying.
>>
File: 1266126008249.jpg (68 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1266126008249.jpg
68 KB, 305x196
>in middle school when vista was out
>>
>>51994539
Mate showed me how to use those graphics calculators to program. Was fun. 6 years later, still fun.
>>
>>51994539
Because I wanted to make money. I will be homeless by next month
>>
>>51994794
They were very fun games. I still play them sometimes.

I got my first proper PC I could game on in 1998, before that I would play good games on my Amiga 600 and less demanding ones on dad's old office PC. I would also do some programming on the latter.

I'm from the east bloc so I was relatively poor as well though.

I was born in 1985.
>>
>>51994872
30 years old. Get a life you sack of shit.
>>
>>51994872
So does that mean you're using Linux now like a good commie?
>>
>>51994905
But I have one.
>>
>>51994928
I'm not a commie but yes, I've used it for years.

I'm a computational biologist and administer a few HPC servers for our lab so I use Linux at work as well.
>>
>>51994929
N E E T
E
E
T
>>
>>51994539
I wanted to make something like World of Warcraft mixed with Medal of Honor AA. I also wanted to make a Runescape bot, Oh how foolish I was...
>>
>>51995000
haha biology, the lowest of sciences
>>
>>51994539
>He was in middle school when Vista was used

Underage h3cker detected.
>>
>>51995627
hecker?
>>
>>51994539
>Middle school
>YouTube

Go back to bed kid it's a school night.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.