[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broke as fuck how do you guys make money when your off work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 20150309_004247.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150309_004247.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Broke as fuck how do you guys make money when your off work?
>>
>>51994299
Begging to your parents?
>>
Mining bitcoin on a Commodore.
>>
Selling dragon dildos.
>>
>>51994314
Mom and dad died when I was 16
>>
>>51994299
Where you from?
>>
>>51994921
Revive them and ask for money
>>
Nice bat. Where's your rooster mask?
>>
File: Payment.png (30 KB, 450x575) Image search: [Google]
Payment.png
30 KB, 450x575
ptc sites and rent referrals and eventually extend your rented referrals for a few more years or find a way to attract and gain anywhere from hundreds to millions of referrals to join under you. Welcome to the ptc craze, op.
>>
>>51994299
Mechanical Turk
oDesk (now UpWork)
Freelancer

If you have IQ above that of an iguana, can understand and execute simple instructions, and semi-decent command of English, you should be able to making a few dollarinos online.
>>
Building PCs
Modofying cars/guitars/basses
>>
My work pays me when I'm off work.
>>
>>51994299
You're*
>>
File: 64564565464564.gif (556 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
64564565464564.gif
556 KB, 500x281
>>51994991
Wow, gee, this pyramid scheme sounds like a worthwhile investment.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450574606426.jpg (25 KB, 516x526) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450574606426.jpg
25 KB, 516x526
Karatbars 12 week plan
>>
Stocks.
>>
>>51995034
How do you even get into freelancing?
>>
>>51994921
It's simple, become the batman.
>>
I get disability income.
>>
Pleasuring old men.

Which isn't a joke to be perfectly honest with you.
>>
>>51995034
What sort of jobs do you do on MechTurk? There seems to be a lot of opportunity to be ripped off.
>>
>>51995818

>>51996042
>ripped off
It is an Amazon service:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Mechanical_Turk
>>
>>51994299
Why does your bat now have razor blades
>>
>>51996151
>It is an Amazon service:
I know, but there are plenty instances online of people saying they completed transcripts and surveys and never got approved for payment, but the client obviously gets to keep their submission. How do you know what job is good or not?
>>
>>51996324
>How do you know what job is good or not?
The rating system works both ways: The employer rates the employee, and the employee rates the employer. You can check the employer's reputation, and not do the job if you do not like it.
>>
File: DSC_0966.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0966.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
I used to work at a non profit that took donations for anything. They only made money selling the donated clothes really so employees were able to sneak off with the rest. That job could turn you into a hoarder but I got a lot of nice stuff from there. Setup a little ebay store and sold stuff. I quit because the job itself didn't pay much, I'm running out of stuff I want to sell, it's a little depressing. I kinda wanted to try Lyft or Uber but I feel like I missed the boat on that.
>>
>>51996506
If they still need drivers in your area, you haven't missed the boat. Uber drivers are some of the happiest workers I have met. You should try it.
>>
>>51995870
his parents died about 10 years too late and a billion dollars too poor
>>
>>51996942
>Uber drivers are some of the happiest workers I have met. You should try it.
I study gig work and other kinds of digitally mediated work. you need to talk to more uber drivers. they generally fall into two camps. one camp has no prospects of work elsewhere (and are often foreigners), and the other camp is doing uber because it seemed like a good idea at the time and now it's costing them about as much as they're making.

uber makes it an afterthought that all of the substantial maintenance costs associated with driving a car all day are on you (think transmission, upholstery, etc...), and that you become ineligible to drive if your average rating slips below 4.6 or 4.7 (depends on the area, if they can afford to drop you, etc...).

if you're looking for non-standard work and you can code or really do anything with a computer, work on mechanical turk or upwork or odesk or something. information work has been and remains the least problematic way to make a living (if barely).
>>
Does anyone know if you can use mturk from another country (aus)? Can I just use a VPN to sign up / log in or do you need like a social security number etc?
>>
>>51996506
>stealing donations from a nonprofit
>tries to justify it

scumbag
>>
>>51997078
you need tax ID info, which technically doesn't require a social security number, but it's essentially impossible to get on AMT unless you go through way more hoops than it's worth.

if you didn't get in before they shut that gate, don't bother.
>>
>>51997078
>aus
mountain people or kangaroo land? it works here in germany
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.