[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best websites (or books) where I can learn how to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
What are the best websites (or books) where I can learn how to build my own computer? It would be a great asset to have, and I've always been curious about it.
>>
Just watch Jewtube videos. I suggest Carey Holzman. He is pretty serious about what he does and easy to follow.
>>
YouTube.
>>
>>51993409
>books
Are you actually implying that building a PC is difficult? It's literally like building legos (not even memeing). It's so easy a retarded monkey could do it.
>>
>>51993409
Senpai I hate science is fucking nerd shit, I'm a finance major. Building computers is fucking mindless, and I quite enjoy it.

>don't rub your feet on the carpet and touch shiny metal shit
>make sure to follow instructions (the ones that no one reads) and even then, don't bother reading it
>get all your bits all plugged up (MOBO guide book is important actually)
>do a test run of the PSU for fun
>fire it up
>check fans, etc. see everything running
>install OS or whatever
>install your meme bloat ware shit
>shit post on a Malaysian Kite flying enthusiast forum
>>
>>51993409
Paul's Hardware: How to build a computer

Paul also did a great 3 part video on the Newegg channel, I think he has an up to date one on his personal channel though

I learned from PC Enthusiast magazines back in the day
>>
>>51993697
The only hard thing is fitting it all in right.
>PSU
>MOBO
>CPU
>HeatSink
>GPU
>disk drives if you even
>HDD/SSD
in that order
>>
>>51993697
so am I too paranoid about frying stuff with static?

Will I be okay barefoot on a wood floor?
>>
>>51993409
Your mobo includes a book called the manual
>>
>>51993746
Computers aren't as fragile as you think. I'm confident in them. I've dropped screws, accidentally touched the motherboard, etc. it won't fry.

Don't put it on the anti static bag though. It isn't anti static on the outside.
>>
>>51993776
wait, what do you mean accidentally touch the motherboard

how am I supposed to not touch the mobo?
>>
>>51993706
Thanks, man.
>>
>>51993449
Thanks!
>>
>>51993746
m8 I've built computers and done all the shit they tell you not to do.

I once built one barefoot on carpet, I rested the mobo on the metal case, i touched the mobo with my likely static charged hands, shit always works
>>
>>51993661
OP here.

Assembling the parts might not be difficult, but I would also like to know what each parts do and which to choose. That might be more difficult for me.
>>
>>51993837
merry christmas

http://www.logicalincrements.com/#!/
>>
>>51993788
You can tough it all you want. Just make sure your hands aren't wet and greasy.
>>
>>51993852
Thanks!
>>
>>51993852
>>51993869

that one and this one

https://pcpartpicker.com/
>>
>>51993883
Thanks again
>>
>>51994076
godspeed
>>
I just built my 1st one alone with Paul from Newegg watching his vids.
>>
>>51993409

I learned everything I know from logical increments and Carey Holzman, so def check those out. Linus may also be pretty useful, but only if you can see through half his bs - the techquickies and explanations of things are the most useful.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.