[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 2 minutes to explain to everyone on /g/ why you are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: csharp3.png (68 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
csharp3.png
68 KB, 300x300
You have 2 minutes to explain to everyone on /g/ why you are not learning/coding in C#.

And... Start!
>>
I already have javac installed.
>>
File: sussman shig.jpg (71 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sussman shig.jpg
71 KB, 500x375
Because Lisp is the only language you will ever need.
>>
>>51990889
t. Unemployed neckbeard
>>
>>51990754
The new .NET core and MVC 6 are compelling...but the current ecosystem in terms of things that are compatible with it is lacking. If the community grows and libraries catch up to other open source platforms, I might learn it. But until then, I'm going to stick to technologies I already work with (Laravel, Rails, and JavaScript, mainly).
>>
>>51990793
CSC.exe is in every windows install since vista.

You don't need visual studio.

Run a search on c:/windows for CSC.exe, don't remember the path, but I have used it.
>>
im learning it

what did you guys use to learn wpf, or should i be learning some other sort of gui framework
>>
>>51990754
I enjoy being employable
>>
>windows only
they're the worst programs to deal with
>>
>>51991035
You should be learning it then.
>>
Can't run .net on a cortex m3. All my code is in C.
>>
slow
>>
>>51991055
> implying the games industry is hiring

Topkek
>>
>>51991051
have you ever heard about mono? it runs on linux/mac/android/ios and it c# too
>>
Paid shitloads of money to write C; why would I want to be paid less and waste my time with a meme language?
>>
>>51991031
google; msdn
>>
>>51991031
Depends on your goals frankly.

My opinion is that we're moving to (have already in fact) browser as platform world. Which makes it more useful to understand how the web works.
>>
>>51991121
>slow

Can compile it to native code.
>>
>>51991452
Can compile it to bloated native code which is still slow.
>>
>>51991411
yeah i mean thats what im doing, but sometimes there are pretty good guides for getting introduced to all the core concepts that aren't official guides but i guess at some point you just branch your learning into trying to apply them to projects and whatever

>>51991422
how does c# in the web world work, as to my understanding it's more of a case of being a web server hosting templates / providing an api where the user "interface" there is made with css/javascript, is there a framework where i'm laying out the template with c# code itself?
>>
>>51990957
Basically this. I've tried it and it's still really a mess on anything other than Windows. Once the ecosystem moves more around CoreCLR I'm hoping Linux and OS X support will catch up.
>>
>>51991004

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\

Choose your installed framework

csc.exe for C+
vbc.exe for Visual Basic
>>
>>51991382
How is C# a meme language? Dare to explain.

Now, being locked up in a dark room writing embedded and having no clue about any trends in the modern programming community does not qualify you for calling C# a meme language
>>
>>51990754
I already use it. Gotta try how stopping gc(new in 4.6) affects performance and memory.
>>
>>51991004
$ locate CSC.exe

nope.
>>
It's confusing.
>>
>>51991474
C# is a server side language. A huge benefit to C# is that in integrates incredibly well with anything windows related on which a hell lot of business today are running (Finance outside of Jane Street, all of energy companies, governments etc).

To truly understand web you will need to learn JavaScript, there isn't another way
>>
>>51991525
How *isn't* it? With each new version of C#/.NET, MS shovels on a bunch of useless fads which will all be irrelevant and unmaintained in six months. Same problem with C++, except on an even shorter timescale.
>>
>>51991557
so what i said is close to accurate then? because i do know a bit of javascript
>>
>>51991584
Except that C# and .NET is improving regularly and there is strong indicators showing that .NET will be the future of programming languages.
>>
>>51991004
I use linux
>>
>>51990754
This thread AGAIN? Please fuck off.
>>
>>51991598
lol, just like MFC, ATL, WTL, ...
>>
>>51991584
> With each new version of C#/.NET, MS shovels on a bunch of useless fads

What do you have in mind
>>
>>51990754
because F# is better. Stop making this thread and learn better languages.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.