[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valve no longer acknowledges linux on steam. >Steamplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Capture1.png (571 KB, 1692x1044) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
571 KB, 1692x1044
Valve no longer acknowledges linux on steam.

>Steamplay
>>
>>51990193
Doesn't steam play also mean linux though?
>>
nice 16 cents there
>>
>>51990193
linux is the steam logo inside a circle next to the windows/apple logo u moron
>>
>>51990193
>Dota 2
>Team Fortress 2
>Garry's Mod
>Terraria
Literally end yourself.
>>
>>51990222
Yes, but normies don't know that.
>>51990235
It used to say Linux, fagit.
>>
Probably so they don't have to deal with the Stallman-posting
>>
>>51990238
Dota 2
> only played it once and uninstalled
Team Fortress 2
> Jealous much?
Garry's Mod
> Haven't even launched it
Terarria
> Played only 15 minutes and uninstalled

Where is yours?
>>
>>51990228
Thanks bro, im rich as fuck. Got it from an uncle that abused me.
>>
>>51990238
this
>>
Steamplay doesn't have anything to do with which operating systems are available. Steamplay means that you can buy it once and play on all available OSs (I know, it's dumb).

Linux is still represented. They just replaced the penguin with the steamOS logo. The logo is adjacent to Steamplay, but they are unrelated.
>>
>>51990352
>They just replaced the penguin with the steamOS logo
Oh, now I see it. Still though, should have kept Tux in there.
>>
>>51990238
What's wrong with TF2?
There's also a lot of fun mods for gmod
>>
Isn't it enough that the games run? Or maybe do you think that with vulcan and the the improbable linux support for mainstream games regular people will switch to linux?
They won't.
>>
R8 my shitty steam games
>>
>>51990711
Linux has potential for games to run better then on windows. I would like for linux to be a success so that normies can use it as a console and developers develop good games for pc.

>>51990787
6/10
>>
>>51990352
this

it is a bit confusing though, why doesn't steamplay have an icon as well? it'd be much less confusing

at first i also thought that the steam icon went with the "steamplay" text as one entity
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.