[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Architecture is technology. Japan's about to announce the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: estadio_japon_i.jpg (178 KB, 406x281) Image search: [Google]
estadio_japon_i.jpg
178 KB, 406x281
Architecture is technology.

Japan's about to announce the winner of the stadium re-design for the Olympics, which does /g/ think is better?

A (top) or B (bottom)?
>>
Bigger pic
>>
First of all, whatever works.
Second of all, whatever works better.
>>
Street level view of proposal A
>>
Side view of proposal B
>>
>>51989964
Top is way more Japanese and better looking. Bottom is a partially prolapsed roastie like the last one. Stop designing vagina stadiums.
>>
>>51989964
I think A looks more comfy
>>
>designed for looks
>not designed for capacity efficiency
this world is run by artists not engineers
>>
>>51989964
Easily A.
>>
Inside view, proposal A
>>
Inside view, proposal B
>>
>>51990282
Because they're going to be filling up this stadium constantly with Baseball games right?
>>
B proposals look like they're earlier on in the concept stage
>>
>>51990332
nope, only people from all across the globe
>>
>>51990379
Like what events exactly after the Olympics are going to fill it up? World Cup and?
>>
A is much more aesthetically pleasing

B looks like some imperial japan nazi shit
>>
>>51989964
>>51990103
>>51990236
>>51990256
>>51990291
>>51990316
b looks better in every image
>>
>>51990405
it's being built for the olympics, why should anything after that matter?
>>
>>51990405
clearly nothing is going to compete with the amount of people filling it during the olympics
>>
>>51990429
Part of the reasons cities bid on the Olympics are to have an excuse to add infrastructure. It's not all about the Olympics.
>>
>>51990473
"hey guys, let's build a baseball stadium and cram the olympics into it"
this is what you sound like, Chad
>>
>>51990405
Soccer matches, they might be able to cram baseball in there, the Rice Bowl
>>
>>51990493
It's not a baseball stadium but that's exactly my point. Japan doesn't need a large stadium, especially in the middle of Tokyo. The largest attraction they get year round is going to be Baseball.
>>
>>51990526
but they will NEED a large stadium to hold the olympics
>>
>>51990561
It seats 50,000, it's not exactly small
>>
Although smaller in scale I think whatever they pick looks better than their original bid imo
>>
File: n-stadium-a-20151223-870x428.jpg (89 KB, 870x428) Image search: [Google]
n-stadium-a-20151223-870x428.jpg
89 KB, 870x428
They announced they're going with design A.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/japan-picks-design-by-tai/2368620.html

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/12/22/national/japan-sport-council-seen-leaning-toward-design-new-national-stadium/#.VnhPnpdlGSp
>>
>>51992009
they should have finished building it before they submitted the design
>>
>>51990828
>vag roof
>>
>>51990828

That's by Zaha Hadid, who is infamous for producing over budget buildings, which is one of the reasons why that wasn't selected. I do agree it's one of the best, but simply not functional in terms of budget.

Proposal A looks to the best.
>>
>>51992176

It's probably to let sunlight in and reduce lighting costs.
>>
B looks like an egg
>>
A, B is vaginocentric.

Seriously now, A looks better
>>
>>51989964
A view is purposely shifted to show more trees and look like a "greener" option.

B looks more modern-tech stuff
>>
>>51992009
This is way too responsible and logical for a modern government. Good job, Yakuza.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.