[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Java / Android
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Java.png (39 KB, 518x518) Image search: [Google]
Java.png
39 KB, 518x518
Seriously who the hell decided this was a good idea? Everything about developing for this combo is like pulling teeth.
>>
>>51989688
The Prajeets from Google. They frigging love Java.
>>
>>51989688
Java was known for creating portable programs. Also they wanted to attract devs from other mobile devices (most used java).
>>
Yeah clearly it was a terrible decision that had key then with zero market share and no apps. They should have programmed for symbian os for all the Nokia phones that were flying off the shelf in 2010.
>>
>>51989688
You need a minimum level of performance. Especially at that time, there weren't many viable languages that they could have used. It was basically C++ or Java, neither of which is particularly pleasant to write code in.
>>
>>51991143
C++ is worse
>>
File: starecat.jpg (733 KB, 3950x3950) Image search: [Google]
starecat.jpg
733 KB, 3950x3950
>>51989688
Literally the worst pain in the ass. I hate Java with fiery passion. If it wasn't for my uni, I'd NEVER learn butt-fucking java jesus fuckmothering christ. Even C# has more reasons to be studied.
>>
>>51989688

I know this is just a shit post, but it's probably worth posting something worthwhile in this thread anyway, and to perhaps combat future shitposts on the same topic:

People far smarter than, and with a deeper understanding of software and server architecture, than you.

Same could be said about eBay, Amazon, LinkedIn, Twitter, NASA, Google, Raytheon, Boeing, and every other large tech company out there.

For anyone out there who thinks they "hate Java" and honestly believes statements like "everything about developing for this combo is like pulling teeth", I suggest that you really have a lot to learn about software development as a discipline.

There are lots of reasons to use Java, and lots of reasons why Java tends to be chosen by tech companies, from the biggest and most innovative, down to small start ups. You not knowing them is a failing of your education, not the technical expertise that led them to use Java.
>>
>>51992667
Java is like objectively the easiest object oriented programming language. Try doing iOS with either Swift or Objective-C and you'll be shitting your pants even harder.
>>
>>51992879
I'd say C# has a lot more ease of use features. I mean, they are both great, but c# is definitely easier to use.
>>
why dont people like java
>>
>>51992906
the primary reason isn't sun

but the primary reason should be sun
>>
>>51992906
They probably were taught it at their education establishment, and since they hated programming generally, that taught them to hate java.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.