[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>roommate got new laptop >was convinced he could play his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Untitled.png (89 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
89 KB, 264x264
>roommate got new laptop
>was convinced he could play his xbox one on it because it has an HDMI port
>after like 10 minutes I finally get though to him that it is just an output and not an input
>he decides to buy a monitor off Newegg to play
>buys it despite me explaining to him that it doesn't have speakers on it which is something he wanted
>"nah bro I see streamers use their monitors all the time its cool"
>is pissed off when there is no sound
Tech Illiteracy General
>>
>can you pick me a laptop that can play my games and is also good for school?
I pick him a laptop that does all that for like €550
>My laptop is here, why doesn't it play my games???
Look at the box, turns out the retard saw a 'cheaper' model that wasn't half as powerful for €50 less.
>>
>dad works in a bank
>uses online banking on personal account at work sometimes
>practically never uses computer at home
>does online banking once at home
>doesn't log out
>mom sees this and mentions it to him
>he gets angry and says that this computer is different and he doesn't know how
>>
File: 0au3LDK.jpg (64 KB, 689x1023) Image search: [Google]
0au3LDK.jpg
64 KB, 689x1023
>mfw I know people who could probably be halfway decent active directory admins yet don't know what OS is on their laptop
>>
>>51988976
>cousin wants gaymen laptop
I pick one out that has good enough spec to play tf2 and csgo and shit
>he picks the one with the intel gpu because it's 100 dollars cheaper
>blames me
>complains for the next 2 years about his shitty laptop
>>
>working at generic tech/home appliance store. customer comes in,
yeah i need a usb to usb cable. like with the rectangle on both ends
>they don't really exist like that
well why not? how else am i sposed to get stuff off my old computer onto a new one?
>external hard drive
no they fail too much/take too long/too expensive. why don't you have the cable I want?
>make it yourself, sell it, become millionaire.
leaves angrily and confused
>>
>>51989259
>what is a LAN?
Should be cheaper than an external drive for simple transfer.
>>
>>51989259
Give him an ethernet cable you retard
>>
File: cringe.png (38 KB, 595x366) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png
38 KB, 595x366
>>
>Cousin wants a gayman PC to go along with the new LCD screen he the christmas before
>Asks me for advice and insists that he wants a pre-built as he doesn't want deal with individual parts if something breaks down
>Give him a rundown of what's worth buying when under his budget and promise to give him a heads up if I see any good deals
>Call him several times over the next few months to give him updates on new parts and parts that have gone down in price so that they're now within his budget as well as deals on pre-builts
>Come over as part of annual family get-together
>His dad tells him to show me the computer he's just bought
>Hesitantly shows me what he's bought
>It's a 17" Acer laptop with a single core AMD Sempron, Radeon HD 3250 Turbocache (i.e no dedicated VRAM), 1366x768 display (yes, on a 17") with terrible viewing angles, 3GB of 667 MHz DDR2 and a 120 GB 5400 RPM
>Reason why I know it's exact specs is because I saw it on sale a few weeks before for 400€ and thought that it was a piece of shit
>Ask him if he at least got it on sale for 400€ price
>Turns out he paid 800€ from the store his dad buys all their home appliances from
>Explain to him why it's a piece of shit and the half price deal I had seen a few weeks earlier
>Ask him why he bought a laptop and didn't ask me for advice
>Said that thought I wouldn't approve of it and that he needed a laptop
>Ask him why he thinks he needs a laptop
>Insists that he goes to LAN parties and that he might not always be able to get a ride there from his dad or one of his friends' dads
>Ask him how often he goes to these parties and if he's ever not been able to get a ride
>Sheepishly admits that he goes to these LAN parties once or twice a year and that he's always been able to get a ride
>His dad shows up and asks me what I think of the laptop his son has bought
>Give him the same rundown
>Laughs a bit at this and tells my cousin that he should have listened to me and not decided on his own
>>
File: .jpg (78 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
78 KB, 1152x768
>>51989259
>they don't really exist like that
>>
>>51989259
You're a shitty employee.
>>
>>51989446
On the bright side I didn't have to put up with him complaining about shitty advice because he knew full well that he wasn't following my advice. Later found out that over it's life span it suffered two motherboard failures, a HDD failure and a screen failure before they got rid of it. His dad however does still insist that it wasn't a complete waste as it was at least cheap (which it wasn't when you take the specs into account).
>>
>mom tells me there's a problem with her computer
>i come over and tell her to show me what she's trying to do
>she does exactly that
>everything works fine
Every god damn time.
>>
>father using a 10 year old Dell that barely works
>insides caked with so much dust the fans inside are making this horrendous noise
>explain to father that he should stop using IE with a google toolbar and bing homepage
>"it works for me doesn't it?"
>is on the computer for at least 30 minutes at a time
>give him my old build
>not bad, athlon 760k w/ hd 7950
>put chrome as default everything and deleted the IE/Edge icons
>never see him on for longer than 10-15 minutes in a session
>>
File: 1339609848830.png (7 KB, 355x295) Image search: [Google]
1339609848830.png
7 KB, 355x295
>>51989540
>grandparents ask for help with their laptop
>"This thing is crazy! I'm typing and then it'll delete everything I'm typing."
>"You're probably touching the touchpad with your hand when you're typing, and you type too slow to trigger the touchpad shutoff."
>"No, I'm telling you, it's crazy, watch."
>watch him type
>two fingers, pecking keys one by one as at least one palm at a time drags all over the touchpad

>another time
>"This thing's crazy! It deleted my solitaire and my online bank!"
>they keep logging into the guest account despite the fact that they know THEIR account asks for a password on login
>"Well I don't know how I'm doing it."
>try to explain I'm not capable of standing there watching over his shoulder all day just to figure out how he does it every time
>eventually just go out of my way to forcibly disable the guest account
>>
File: gee.png (471 KB, 701x520) Image search: [Google]
gee.png
471 KB, 701x520
>>51989512
Oh yeah... Forgot the picture I was supposed to post
>>
>>51989512
Ya I got a laptop with 4gb ram, an i3 and an irrelevant gpu for like $700 canadian at least 4 years ago, maybe 5 now. It wasn't even all that great then (for gaming anyways, it served my services fine though), wtf was your cousin thinking?
>>
>Phone rings, it's my Mother...
>'Anon, the printer isn't working'
>Is it plugged in?
>'Yes'
>Is the Ethernet cable plugged in?
>'I said yes.'
>The power?
>'What, I need that as well?'
>Yes.
>'Thanks anon!'

-_-
>>
>>51989540
but anon.. your sad sad mother just wanted to see your face before she leaves the planet :'(
>>
>dad calls me
>'hey the computer isn't working'
>explain what happen
>'it froze and then I turned it off and on and now it doesn't go to windows'
>dead hard drive most likely
>check the pc and I was right
>changed the hard drive, installed windows, and got all the prebuilt drivers
>'thanks son'
>no problem
>'wait where's all the files I have?'
>uh unless you had a backup then they are all gone
>'what the hell is a backup? Did you just break my computer!? You know it was a mistake asking you, I'm going to call the computer guys instead'
>they tell him the same thing

Well at least I got a card as an apology.
>>
My dad is actually a pretty intelligent man, as in he'll find a solution to most situations he get's himself in. He bought a digital receiver from our isp when it was on sale for Christmas, €29 instead of €69 (it's a one-time payment for the receiver + €10 extra per month). The modem/router (they're one device) is in the hallway on the ground floor. As the wifi is pretty weak on the first floor, where the living room is, there is also a wifi/lan repeater (broadcasts 1 wifi signal and has 4 ethernet ports) installed next to the tv. So the repeater and receiver both need a lan cable. My dad didn't know the extra ports on the back of the repeater could also be used with the receiver. He bought two 30m lan cables for €30 each + a lan connector (female to female) for €5. He had a lan cable running 40 meters through the house just to watch tv. I visited him 3 days ago and I found a 30cm Ethernet cable in the box of the receiver and I just plugged that in repeater and the receiver. He was literally shocked to realize how tech illiterate he was. He gave me the cables and the connector btw so in the end of the day, his stupidness benefitted me.
>>
https://youtu.be/aY_CidIS8YM
>>
>tell dad not to upgrade to win10 since it adds nothing he uses
>go up to visit
>he upgraded to 10
>reinstall his torrenting software and bookmark torrent sites, reinstall vpn, setup his email client and online banking
>he rings me 4 days later
>hey anon I went back to windows 8 when can you come up and sort everything out for me again?
also
>whenever someone asks for your advice and doesn't follow it then gets mad at you for their shitty choice
>>
>>51989478
Lol got eeem. So meta in this thread too
>>
>>51988976
If his laptop runs Windows 10 he could actually stream his Xbox One to his laptop.
>>
>>51989657
Obviously thought that it would be great for those one or two times he went to a LAN party.

Then again he's not exactly the most clever person. The local HS equivalent allows you do do it in 4 years instead of 3 and it's intended to allow people doing things like playing sports on a national level or being a concert musician. My cousin does fuck all outside of school and decided to do it in 4 years as well, but fucked up the exams at the end twice so he finished it in 5 years. After that he's been trying to get into higher education twice already, but failed both times and both times only applied to one place at a time. Now he works a job in construction that his dad got him and spends his evenings like a NEET or something.

I almost feel sorry for the idiot as he's going to have to move out on his own as his parents got divorced a few years ago and are going to sell the house after his considerably smarter younger sister graduates from the HS equivalent next spring.
>>
File: 0RICOTTAFORNELLI2012CVMINA.gif (223 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0RICOTTAFORNELLI2012CVMINA.gif
223 KB, 600x600
>>51988976
>tfw your dad introduced you too linux at age 8
>had my first experience with programming on his old C64
>mention QubesOS
>wants to install it

Feels good. He doesnt even work with computers.
>>
>>51988976
Do consoles really not have audio out ports?
>>
>>51990353
Ps4 does
>>
>>51989303
What's cringy on this?
>>
>work in tech support for an iOS/android app
>customer has some kind of graphical issue in the app on his iPad
>tell him to take a screenshot; explain how to take it and attach it to an email
>next day, receive a pdf
>it contains a black and white scan of the iPad screen
>>
>>51989083
same happened to me
>>
File: Screenshot (76).png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (76).png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>51990155
I've tested that, it's actually pretty sweet.
pic related, that's on my laptop (wireless internet)
>>
File: 1446381985064.jpg (36 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1446381985064.jpg
36 KB, 500x373
>>51990692
>>
>>51989283
You used to need a crossover cable for a PC to PC connection to work properly. Now the NIC usually figure it out themselves.
>>
>>51989602
He got more efficient with his fapping.
>>
>>51989259
>plebs don't use firewire
>>
>>51990529
the samefag in it
>>
>>51988976
I have a monitor w/speakers, also there are audio splitters on eBay.

Tell your retarded room mate.
>>
>>51990552

okay, this one got me
>>
>>51989259
Please tell me you got fired for being a huge dick, you faggot
>>
>>51990005
Fuck me she does not even try to understand and accept things he says e en tho she knows he knows alot more about it
>>
File: 1450479558434.jpg (27 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1450479558434.jpg
27 KB, 228x260
>Coworker wants PC for audio development and Photoshop etc (wants to be a rapper/make his own cd album cover kek)
>Whatever Im always willing to take money for building
>Gives me a budget of $900 which is more than enough.
>I built my buddy a pc who also does audio stuff (beats and tracks for games, movie backgrounds) for around the same amount
>Coworker gets jew-y when i mention labor coat ($100)
>Decides to buy a "top of the line master gaming computer" from craigslist.
>C2D, generic foxconn motherboard, 2.5gb ddr2 667mhz
>Pata 80gb hard drive
>$550 and he traded his son's Nintendo DS XL that his kid "never plays anymore"

To this day he bitches in my ear about how slow the PC is for everything, how much every audio track he makes crackles, and how the fan is always so loud. Also how his programs dont work on XP. Like its my fault you atupid fuck..
>>
File: 1450566083603.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450566083603.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>51992797
>>
>>51990005
People refusing to learn things upsets me.
>>
>out of town at family friends house
>they ask if I can speed up they're old 10+ year old win xp comp
>do all the regular clean up procedures
>defrag literally burns up their hdd
>look at me like I didn't explain to them they took a 70s Seattle and drove it like a corvette
>>
>Low end and high end monitors have no speakers
>Most low end dont have audio out
>Monitor speakers are usually crap
>>
>>51990552
Literally most ios users.
>>
>>51992939
It's funny how it's the exact opposite on Twittter, everything is a screenshot of a screenshot.
>>
>>51989617
you can probably disable the trackpad in bios, and just give them a wireless mouse
>>
>boss complains that her computer is too slow
>toshitty laptop at least 10 years old running XP
>20 open word documents, 15 open PDFs, 10 tabs in furryfox

>change browser settings on shared computer to ask where to save each file (instead of saving to "Downloads" folder)
>coworkers complain
>"too confusing"
>"i just want the file to open"
>try explain that the file is still being saved, and emphasize the benefits of logically organizing your files right away instead of having a single downloads folder with 10000 items
>"BUT I JUST WANT TO OPEN IT"
>Downloads folder has >15 copies of documents that were downloaded multiple times just so that my coworkers could open them "without saving"

today was my last day in the office. i'm taking a mental health sabbatical because being there makes me want to die.
>>
>>51992959
actually they're photocopies of screenshots now.
>>
>home visiting family
>dad tells me that the computer is running slow and asks me to fix it
>computer is completely full of adware and viruses
>spend the entire day fixing the thing
>asks me what was wrong with it
>tell him for a start he spelt bestiality wrong
>>
>ask question
>dont listen to answer
stupid people are all the same
>>
I'm pretty satisfied with putting Ubuntu on my mom's laptop.
>>
>>51992978
pls be some type of dumb office and not important work
>>
>>51993122
Kek
>>
>>51993180
you fucking asshole, its not like she's running a dedicated server she probably just wants to use it for casual shit, why the fuck would you do that??
>>
>>51993223
law firm
>>
>>51993238
Because Ubuntu is extremely casual and she can still use Firefox on it. Aside from the taskbar at the top and the sidebar, which I'm sure you can move around or hide, I doubt she even noticed a difference.
>>
>>51993122
Kek
>>
>>51992925
Toshiba monitors have god tier speakers as far as monitors are concerned. Go visit a computer store sometime and play around with them, great audio quality for a monitor atleast
>>
>>51989259
I have one of those actually for that exact purpose. Had it for years too
>>
>>51993262
if i was your father i'd beat the fucking shit out of you
>>
>>51993238
No I installed Ubuntu on my mom's laptop and it just weeks. Most drivers are there by default, every thumb drive you plug in gets mounted in a split second and even the touchscreen works perfectly.
Windows 7 didn't have the macbook type touchpad gestures so my mom was troubled but Ubuntu has them on be default, it's convenient as fuck
>>
>>51989478
WHOA THEY ACTUALLY HAVE THOSE WHAT THE FUCK I THOUGHT THEY DIDNT WORK LIKE THAT
>>
File: belkin easy transfer cable.jpg (10 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
belkin easy transfer cable.jpg
10 KB, 500x375
>>51989259
Belkin makes one that purportedly does that. Never used one myself.

Also had a lady coming in asking for a usb a male to male to connect a printer to two different machines, using the usb port on the front of the printer.

>>51989283
>implying they can figure out machine to machine network transfers

People who ask for a cable like that don't know what a file system is.
>>
>>51993345
This reminds me of a weird story from late 2003 or 2004
>dad buys new laptop
>our desktop is pretty powerful but this thing is almost as powerful AND portable
>also enjoying this new interface called USB, with so many cool peripherals, it's literally plug and play as opposed to RS-232's plug, and then open the program bullshitting
>dad wants to transfer some files from the desktop to the laptop
>plan is to copy to thumb drive then plug it into laptop, man USB is so convenient
>suddenly remember I have a USB male to male cable too
>thisisgoingtobegreat.png
>plug one end in desktop
>plug other end in laptop
>laptop works for a few seconds, then turns off
>won't turn on, there's some be m burning smell too
>dad is screaming at me what did I do
>tell him I didn't do anything
Fortunately the guys at the store replaced it without too much hassle, never did that again for a couple of years. I still have no idea what killed the laptop.
>>
>>51993487
usb carries 5v, so it fried the laptop.

or something it's been a while since i read the scriptures of the dangers of male-male cables
>>
>>51993337
They don't. That cable is as deceptive as the amazon listing for a VGA to HDMI cable

>Yes alex, I'll take digital vs analog for $300.
>>
>>51989259
usb to usb was a real thing you just needed software for it, you're a shit employee m8
>>
>>51993487
Type A male to male? What the fuck?
>>
>>51993645
Those devices are topologically a single client device with two inputs. It's no more usb-to-usb than two USB Ethernet adapters with a link cable.
>>
> My girlfriend and I live together in a major city. Her stepdad drove us home because its getting close to Christmas and we live a ways away.
> Step dad decided to bring his 10 year old daughter
> small talk and shit in the car
> start talking about how their laptop at home is broken
> step dad asks daughter what the problem is
> " I dunno one day it just started a glitch and then I wouldn't download things so we threw it out and are going to buy a new one"

Fuck off...
>>
>>51990245
>things that never happened: the post
>>
>>51993845
>>*things that never happened: the thread
Fixed it for you
>>
>>51990245
>Feels good. He doesnt even work with computers.

You know, back in the olden days, people were into computers as a hobby. My uncle was an accountant (then a county auditor). He was really into computers, back when a 4.77 MHz with Hercules graphics was hot shit.

His dad, who was a bomber pilot in WWII and, I think, an accountant, too, was also into computers. Just for fun. Because they were new and interesting.

Sort of the equivalent of a regular person dicking around with Arduino these days, I suppose.
>>
>>51993487
what are diodes and why aren't they in shit?
>>
>>51989976
I fucking hate this shit
>hey my drive died and I lost my data
>ok your drive is replaced but I couldn't save your data because it was 100% dead
>you couldn't save it ?! Wtf this is your fault!
This is why I stopped being the helpful nerd for 99% of people I know
>>
File: laughing cheetah.png (481 KB, 509x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing cheetah.png
481 KB, 509x480
>>51990552
>it contains a black and white scan of the iPad screen
>>
>>51992797
>given a $900 budget
>demands $100 outside of the customers budget
>surprised when the customer says no
you're a retard
>>
File: image.jpg (495 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
495 KB, 1462x1462
>>51993122
60kek
>>
>>51993487
Survival of the fittest
Your little lappy got BTFO and the desktop remained the higher species
>>
>dad wants me to put linux on his laptop to try it out
>I dual boot it just in case he doesn’t want to use it/cant use it for something
>he seems to like it, learning terminal and a little bit of html
>go visit parents 2 weeks after and get told I have to swap the HDD
>my older sister had gotten hold of it, didn’t know how to use linux or switch to windows, so she threw it on the floor, shattering the HDD.
>she says "that linux broke it"

I don’t know why my parents don’t kick her out, she is 22, jobless, a feminazi landwale bitch that freeloads from them, its unfair on my dad who is driving a truck 5-6 days a week non stop and has to come home to her shouting about "white privilege, males are worthless pigs".

where as I'm 3 years younger, got my own place with my gf, a stable job, good skills and social life.

This shit pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>51992797
100 bucks is a fucking lot for one hour picking parts and another hour building it together.
>>
>>51990245
My dad introduced me to Suse when I was about 9, been able to use linux since I was a lad, feelsgoodman
>>
>>51993743
60% of that story is unnecessary
>>
>>51994626
>didn’t know how to use linux or switch to windows
You literally press down a few times and hit enter.

>shattering the HDD
That must be one powerful hippo, I've never heard of a hard drive being shattered by simply throwing the laptop.
>>
>>51994908
grup pops up as soon as you switch it on, then its down and enter, it even tells you what to do.

the hard drive was rattling, took it apart and there was pieces and dust everywhere.
>>
>>51993238
I out Ubuntu on my grandmothers computer because all she does is YouTube and Facebook. My cousins would fuck it up every time they came over. Now I get "Hey anon, can you put this game on grandma's computer?" I tell them it's broken and can only do what grandma has it do, she tells them to fuck off.
>>
>>51993297
I think you're pretty retarded m8. If you put Ubuntu on a desktop, lock everything down, and just put a large Firefox icon on the screen, they litteraly can't fuck it up. It's not a freedum thing, it's just bullet proofing because people click anything that says they should download something. Can't install .exe on Linux unless you install wine. Don't install wine and lock root and you have yourself a nice browser. About all the grandparents need.
>>
>>51995010
fucking win
>>
>Show teacher n64 emulator on my laptop
>He asks if I can put it on his
>surething.png
>Days later he comes to me after class and says that he has a bunch of viruses from roms he's gotten from shady sites
>Threatens to get police involved
>Tell him he'd have to fess up to pirating the games, which is punishable with a fee of up to $2000
>Long silence
>He apologizes and says I can go
>I decide to be a real nigga and decrap the laptop free of charge
>>
>>51992978
>>try explain that the file is still being saved, and emphasize the benefits of logically organizing your files right away instead of having a single downloads folder with 10000 items
Wow, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>51989540

I couldnt go a week without seeing my mom, I dont know how normies do it
>>
>>51994908
You'd be surprised how stupid people are when it comes to computers.
>>
>>51995099
wow your teacher is a dick
>>
>>51989736
same scenario
>mum calls
>anon the printer isn't working. I can't print anything
>go through every option, power, cable, different usb port, reboot laptop still nothing

Turns out Windows 7 flat out refused to install the printer drivers on it's own. My brother came home later that evening and he managed to fix it. No fucking idea why windows decided that the drivers arent't worth looking for anymore
>>
>>51989303
Host to host USB cables do exist. They generally implement a high speed serial port for PPP. OpenBSD has drivers for them.
>>
>>51989657
Shit i5 2.4, 4gb ddr3 ati 5150 120gb kingston ssd for $120
>>
>>51989143

Seems pretty mutually exclusive, fucktard
>>
>>51993122
>Spelt
>>
>>51992881

Willful ignorance enrages me also.
>>
>>51994135
When I worked in a computer repair shop shit was always like this.
>They come in with machine with dead harddrive
>We tell them the harddrive is dead
>'I NEED THOSE FILES ASAP I DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES I'M AN IMPORTANT PERSON AT MY WORK.'
>Alright f.am, just head up the data recovery place down the road, we have their brochure with prices right here.
>o-oh I g-guess those files are gone then.
>>
>>51995010
>'grandma, can we play this new game on your computer pretty please?'
>fuck off
>>
>>51990552
>over 15 copies of every file
Holy fuck that's upsetting
>>
>>51989083

My dad did this to me back in highschool. He was picking it up for me after work, but saw a cheaper one. He bought that instead because then he could get a carrying case with it.

It was really hard not to get angry, but he meant well. It still did what I wanted, anyway. Just not near as well as it could have.
>>
I had a friend of mine who was playing his 360 at 480p stretched to 16:9 on a 70" Samsung TV

It was fucking awful I had to unplug his cable box to show him the wonders of HDMI
>>
>>51990028

Cool story, bro.

His shit would have still been set up when he upgraded to Windows 10 and when he went back to Windows 8 it would have just reverted everything.
>>
>>51989512
>cheap
>800 dollaridoos
>>
>>51988976
>spend half an hour talking about headphones with a "youtuber" friend
>finally decide what he will buy
>day after
>"hey anon, do you like my voice?"
>he sounds like a fucking 12yo
>"what did you buy?"
>"oh, I went to the gamestop and bought the razer kraken"
>he spent 4 times more and got something that sound like shit after the time I wasted on him
>>
>>51996223
Same for a kid son of family friends, he was using a ps3 on a 60" Sony using composite, i gave him an hdmi i had unused. He and his dad were like "wow"
Feels like tech Santa
>>
>>51989106
Kek, I see the exact opposite at my work: People make themselves so much more stupid than they really are, just so they can avoid doing the slightest bit of IT related work, because it's just easier to bitch at us when something don't work. Yet in the breaks I often overhear people talking about that new media server they set up or some shit.
And always with the same excuses: "I didn't do ANYTHING! The computer just did it on its own!"
>>
>>51996288

To be fair, media servers are basically default settings now. You don't have to configure them.
>>
>>51989976
This is the kind of things that make me shout "fuck off" to people I love, parents included. I'm helping you for free and I'm doing my best which usually it's the best that can be done, try to get mad at me and you'll know how a truly pissed off person looks like.
>>
>>51994126
Because forward voltage drop. And a diode wouldn't have prevented dude's laptop from frying.
>>
File: 1443030756630.jpg (151 KB, 580x762) Image search: [Google]
1443030756630.jpg
151 KB, 580x762
>>51992797
>given 900$ budget
>wants compensation
>doesn't just build the guy a 800~850$ pc and pocket 50~100$
>>
>>51996333
Seeing as how his friend is a retard who can't tell the difference, he could probably built something for 500 dollars and pocketed the rest
>>
>>51990552
Fucking kek
>>
>>51990005
I want to make a bloody pulp out of their faces.
>>
>>51995690
Voluntary incomprehension infuriates me in addition
>>
>>51995099
Anon you're truly a real nigga if you still helped him after that.
>>
>>51995010
>tfw all I do is Youtube and 4chan
Feels good to be a 21st century pre-grandpa
>>
File: Not_Even_Squidwards_House.jpg (55 KB, 1160x256) Image search: [Google]
Not_Even_Squidwards_House.jpg
55 KB, 1160x256
>>51996371
Aye that's true, but that's where it gets too dickish and trust betraying. If someone built me a 850$ pc when I gave them 900$, and I found out, I'd be fine with it. Maybe laugh, say "ah you fucker"
If they straight pocketed 400$ though, I'd be pissed.
>>
File: 1431948725209.jpg (89 KB, 1075x700) Image search: [Google]
1431948725209.jpg
89 KB, 1075x700
>>51994908
You wouldn't believe in which sizes they come.
>>
>>51994626
post more greentext of your landwhale sister
>>
File: 1428451637682.jpg (79 KB, 878x768) Image search: [Google]
1428451637682.jpg
79 KB, 878x768
>>51996529
No! Post a picture!
>>
>>51994626

I love how the same people that go on a out "priviledge" are always the same people that can't take the time to learn a single fucking thing in order to complete a task.
>>
>>51996273
Smh my friends were something like that
>anon I need a good cheap headset with a good mic, around 30-40 Eurodollar
>okay how about this 36 Eurodollar turtle beach, probably the best you can get
Other friend has the headset. We're on Skype at that moment
>listen, he has the headset I'm talking about
>mic is pretty good right? No background noise
>oh yes, its pretty good. I'll visit the store tomorrow
>he gets on Skype
>sounds like shit
He bought a fucking razer kraken for like 80 Eurodollar
>tell him its shit and he needs to return and that he also has background noise
>no I just have to tweak the settings a bit and it just looks good! Check these gaymer LEDs on my ears (turns webcam on)
>he keeps asking "how do I sound now? Is it good?" Every 2 min for like 15 minutes
>still shit
>well I guess I keep it, don't wanna go to the store and its good enough
>good enough
Fucking damn it
>>
>>51993122
Topkek
>>
>>51996609
I fucking hate that. I stopped trying to help people with peripherals because of this bullshit.
>>
>>51996273
>>51996609
Similar thing happened with a friend of mine. Eventually admitted to me that the salesperson had talked him into buying the razer headphones after convincing him I'd given him bad advice.
>>
>>51996273
Never had a problem with a razer kraken before, it sounds nice and my m8s say I come in crystal clear, less he got some overpriced shitty kraken
>>
>grandpa has an old ass C2D laptop with 2GB RAM
>runs on windows 7
>every 3-4 months, it becomes slow as balls with adware and god knows what bloatware that either grandpa, cousin or uncle installs
>Firefox takes like 5 minutes to open, not even exaggerating
>all grandpa does is listen to his Christian prayers, look at family photos and browse the internet a bit
>install xubuntu on the machine,
>everything is lighting fast
>configure basic stuff and hand him the laptop
>ff a few weeks
>dad tells be I shouldn't have installed Linux on grandpa's laptop
>grandpa can't use computers well so doesn't know how to connect to his WiFi network (we live in different cities)
>we had already configured that previously on windows so grandpa never had to face that
>dad blames xubuntu for this
>grandpa goes to a computer shop and gets the guy there to install Windows 7 again
>dad blames "Linux" for this event
>it's somehow the kernels fault that grandpa is so incompetent with computers that he can't click a button and enter a series of letters
That's it, im not reinstalling windows every 6 months because it's too slow, get it done by the computer shop you trust so much
>>
>>51996747
Just configure ssh next time, then fix it without telling them you fixed it
>>
>>51989478
why not turn the cable thing upside down?
>>
>>51994135
>>51996325
>>51989976
My reply to shit like this is a metaphor.
>Say your office had a fire, and all of your records were destroyed
>You didn't have any copies of said records, they're gone forever.
>Would you blame the guy who installs the new filing cabinet?
Seems to work for me. Still annoying as hell tho.
>>
>>51992797
Fucking retard. The budget should include the labor.

>Hey how much will it cost me if I ask you to build me a computer to do this and that?
$900
>Alright cool, when do we start?
After you pay me $1000
>Fuck off.

And then realized you were a faggot.
>>
>>51990692
>(wireless internet)
>>>/v/
>>
>>51988976
>use an old AMP or an old stereo
>just plug in cheap speakers
It can be this easy.

>girlfriend of my Brother asks me to look for a Laptop for her
>"200€, it doesnt need to be capable of much. It should just be able to run Sims 3"
>"uhm... Okay... I ... Yeah..."
>>
>>51996717
Crystal clear? Yes.
But it shifted his voice tone up. As I said, he went from sounding like a grown man to sounding like a 12 yo squeaker.
All while spending about 3 or 4 times more than what we talked about.
>>
>>51996845
And im not even good with PC Hardware. I only know intermediate consumer stuff. Fucking dips.
>>
>normie does something i find comically stupid
>despite my above average intellect, i feel reluctant to engage with this orangutan verbally
>come to 4chan where my fellow patricians and i can mock this cretin from the comfort and safety of our battlestations
>>
>>51996311
>You don't have to configure them
Tell that to the people who had their media servers open to access from the internet without even setting up user credentials.
It was a huge scandal in my country a few months ago.
>>
>>51996959
well put anon.
>>
>>51996959
golfclap.exe
>>
>>51996199
This is gonna sound kinda sappy, but props to you for not getting mad at your dad. My Dad isn't around anymore. Someday you'll be really glad you didn't get mad at him.
>>
File: 1431951450058.gif (2 MB, 290x268) Image search: [Google]
1431951450058.gif
2 MB, 290x268
>>51997040
I know the feel anon.
>>
>>51996747
Leave your grandpa alone man, can't teach an old dog new tricks
>>
>>51997106
i want to help him out though. it's a doggy dog world out there.
>>
>friend has old PC, asks me what to get to replace it
>make part list and tell him I can help him building it
>he says that he doesn't want a PC that he builds himself and says his brother is more competent than me
>brother works at MediaMarkt (best buy equivalent)
>he shows up a while later with an acer predator, i7 4770 and GTX780 or something like that, was pretty cheap for the price
>tell him to look at other brands, because acer isn't really a trustworthy brand
>he comes back later saying that he finally bought another PC
>asks him what's the PC
>Lenovo tower, GTX760, i5 something
>he got it for around the price be would have got the Acer
>gets mad at me for not telling him that the Acer would have been better

Some time later,
>pokes me up, asks me what monitor to get
>asks him why he needs a new monitor
>"it's an old monitor so it can cause lags"

I gave up
>>
>>51996845
Seriously though, is it possible to get one for 200€?
>>
>>51996806
This desu
>>
>>51997212
I'd assume that this was around the release of the sims 3. Laptop capable of running sims for 200 euro in 2010? Pretty much impossible.
>>
>>51997289
Sorry, just looked up the message of her. She talked about sims4. She asked me about a Week ago. So the problem is present.
>>
>>51994908
>shattered HDD
>one powerful hippo
Not really, at some point in the (not too distant) past, somebody had the awesome idea of making the platter carrier material out of glass instead of aluminium, as you can guess, it's not very durable.
>>
>>51994751
Maybe he should've done it himself. Bait or not, he was still paying for the knowledge and service of putting it together.
>>
>>51997359
On 200euro, no way. I'd recommend she save up to around ~500. Buy something that can not only run, but do so comfortably.
>>
>>51997457
Yeah thats what i thought too. Thanks for your confirmation. Luv u.
>>
>>51992797

You should always state your cost up front and not at the end.

Or don't be a jew and just help a brotha.
>>
>>51997457
Are you sure? My laptop originally cost like 350 euros back in 2011 and it's capable of playing basic games like Portal 1, Half life 2, Civilization 3 or 4 (I forgot which), etc.
I'm sure Sims isn't that heavy of a game that it requires the latest cutting edge hardware.
>>
>>51997579

Sims 4 has some shit optimization. After 3 they just stopped caring if people could run the game or not.
>>
>>51994626
This whole story reeks of bullshit
>>
>>51996371
im with you anon, used to do that alot when i sold "gaming" computers to casual scum.
>>
File: Orangutans-Laughing-014.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Orangutans-Laughing-014.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>51993122
had something similar with my nephew, but he just typed "big tits" on google images, and despite he know how to delete history, i managed to find the flash player history, wich was full of shitty homemade porn.
>>
>>51995010
thats fucking clever anon.
>>
>few years ago
>give debian laptop to mother so she can manage her taxes (i set up a user for her, gave her the root password because i trust her)
>finished, asks me how to get the printer (brother MFCC 235) to work with it
>tell her i'll install the drivers for her once i get home
>get home
>she did it herself and configured CUPS correctly on her own
>she's been running debian ever since
needless to say i was very proud of her.
>>
>>51996766
> SSH
> on a wifi issue
>>
>>51989976
Why not put everything in its original state, e.g. replacing the drive again and just leaving him with a dead drive?
>>
Not as much of a tech stupidity story, but a story about managers being jews:
>Company my aunt works for wants some slightly more powerful workstations for the media department
>Said company buys machines and support from on specific supplier after having shut down their internal tech support and buying a few years earlier to save costs
>Notices that the machines they want are pretty expensive and wanting to save costs in this recession, they start contemplating options to save money
>Somebody suggests that they consider custom built machines and the next thing I know my aunt contacts me, the "tech person" in our family
>Long story short, they show me a model of pre-built machine and I try to replicate it using off-the-shelf parts
>They give me the go-ahead and I help them order the parts
>Spend a week building and setting up the half dozen workstations with decent i5's, upper mid range GPU's and 24 GB of RAM (they specified that they wanted exactly that amount of RAM)
>Machines work just fine and the media department is happy with them until something goes wrong and they try to contact their outsourced tech support
>"Yeah, we're sorry but we only provide support for machines we've supplied ourselves"
>Support company just flat out refuses to provide support for the new machines even thou their support contract is for X number of workstations and problems are relating to the same software that is running on machines they've supplied
>Company signs a support contract for these machines with another company that doesn't require the supported machines to be theirs and begins shifting support for more and more machines to the other company
>Aunt is thankfully smart enough not to blame me for the shitty behavior of their old tech support/computer supplier
>>
>>51998223
>hey grandpa, just plug it into the router, that'll fix it
Just get a little creative, old people don't know shit about computers
>>
>>51997960
this happens rarely, like one in a milion
>>
Everyone so butt blasted holy shit.

>>51994751
$100 is more than fair considering In going to the PC store on my own time, in my own car, and hand picking the parts off the shelf for him. Plus installing OS, updates, his choice of programs etc. Around 2 hours of my time with commute. $100 is more than fair
>>51996333
Thats a douche thing to do
>>51994281
>>51996806
Labor costs were up front. He got pissy because when I came back with a cost sheet breaking down what each part costs, he saw "labor -$100" and atarted backing out, even though before we even got to that part I told him about my labor fee.
>>51997494
And fuck no. For friends and family I of course build/fix for free. For other people I barely know other than one place? (work), they pay for it. Otherwise they can go elsewhere. I stopped sorking for pennies When I was 16. If you're the kind of person to work for chunp change then thays on you. Lowest ive ever gone was $60 because I was helping a friend of my close friend.

I built 7 other PCs ranging from gaming machines for guy's sons, to workstations in the $3k range. All with the same $100 price tag and no one else had an issue.
>>
>>51994626
>>dad wants me to put linux on his laptop to try it out
see this is where I stopped trusting you
>>
>>51993238
Ubuntu is perfect for doing "casual shit" like browsing the web.
>>
>>51998361
this is why i'm proud. to be fair she has worked with Mac OS since ca. 2002 and was never afraid of using the terminal. she also learned HTML in 98 because a tech enthusiastic friend of her said she'll benefit from it.
>>
>>51994626
Reminds me of how I learned that I have a half sister:
>When I was around 3 my parents had a massive fight and my dad ended up moving out of the house for a couple of months
>Didn't think much of it and how he was pretty much in the dog house until I turned 8
>Coming home one day in senior year of HS there's a girl around 3-4 years younger than me sitting on the porch waiting for someone to come home
>Asks if this is where my dad lives and then if she can wait for him to come home
>End sitting down in the kitchen and having a talk about who she is
>Turns out that my dad had an affair with his co-worker, her mother and that she has just thrown her out of the house after a massive argument
>Mother comes home first and looks at her in horror before telling her that she's not supposed to be here
>Dad comes home soon after and a massive fight ensues
>At the end of it my dad convinces her to let my half sister stay and live in my older sister's room that's been vacant for a couple of years already
>Life with my half sister is a constant string of fights and issues as she's acting like the worst kind of angsty teenager you can imagine
>Loud music at all hours of the day, pretty much all the pocket money she gets going to drugs, constant fights over getting her to do something as small as not wearing shoes indoors
>Always moaning to me and my other (full) siblings about how lucky we were and how we should let her do whatever she wants because she only grew up with her mother
>Other siblings start avoiding coming home, instead choosing to meet up with our parents out of the house
>Thanksgiving 2013 ended with her and my fulls sister getting into a fistfight
>Parents' sex life has obviously gone back to zero
>Half sister is now 21 years old, still living with my parents with no intentions to start working on her own and spending her days being a SJW on Tumblr, Reddit and Twitter
>Moans really loudly about white privilege and other SJW shit on family gatherings
>>
File: 1450730865636.png (239 KB, 568x653) Image search: [Google]
1450730865636.png
239 KB, 568x653
Hey,

has anyone ever recorded stupid people using computers? Like really recorded them downloading stupid shit? I think this might be a good idea for a social experiment. If anyone has the equipment and opportunity please do it mayn.
>>
>>51989736
You think that's bad? I work as a sysadmin and we got this girl in my department a few years ago. For the most part she deals with our vendors and does that kind of shit for us. However, recently my manager sat me down and said "anon, we need to give anonita more technical work, start giving her a few tickets and showing her how to do them" nothing can go wrong right? So I send her out to our secondary data center to work with a hardware vendor from HP to swap out some failed motherboards. So the HP tech does his thing and leaves and she needs to plug the monitor and keyboard into the server to verify it worked. I get three frantic calls, "where do I plug the keyboard in?" The USB port on the back... "where do I plug the monitor in? The VGA port on the back... "this monitor doesn't work there's no picture coming up" It works I used it a week ago, did you plug it in to the power? "No.."

I learned a valuable lesson there anon, don't let women into the workplace.
>>
>>51994626
>implying this isn't just a bunch of bullshit that you made up to trigger all the faggots from /v/
>>
>>51995560
spelt or spelled, either can be used in british english
>>
>>51998431
>not having anti-consumer parents that respect freedom
sucks to be you
>>
>>51993238
i can tell you've never used ubuntu
>>
File: 20151222_180357.jpg (569 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151222_180357.jpg
569 KB, 2048x1536
>>51993594
You lack faith, anon.

No, I haven't tried plugging it into two computers at the same time and I don't think I ever will.
>>
Different scenario:
>got a mac
>not happy but not complaining
>want to install xcode
>4GB on eastern european internet later
>"xcode failed to download, use the purchases page to try again"
>google around
>that error message actually translates to:
>"You can’t save the file “Macintosh HD” because the volume “Macintosh HD” is out of space"

Also,
>30GB free
>>
>>51997157
Kek

Somewhat similarly,

When I was a kid I would play half life and such on my dads office computer (76 year old dell dimension series computer). The only thing installed was steam and my dad would complain that his internet and programs are slow because "it's those steam viruses you put on here." "Your steam games give me viruses"

As I grew up and explained to him how it actually works he understood.

I work for a hospital as a programmer now and anything that has a power source that breaks he asks me to fix it and tells everyone I can.
"Come on you're a tech guy you should be able to fix it"

Fucking damnit
>>
>in high school
>"anon you're good with computers, how do i get my powerpoints back?"
>show teacher the file manager
>tfw get cookie for helping
>>
>>51998270
Having worked for a corporation for about a year now I really do think this is your fault. You should have explained contracts and support to them even though you might not have thought about it back then.
>>
>>51998793
I love how Apple manages memory
>8GB IPod touch
>7GB actually
>6GB usable, it's for the OS
>install 2 apps and put on 3GB of music
>300mb left
I think you need something like 8TB to run OSX correctly
>>
>>51993254

Those files have got to be massive then. They're probably wasting tons of time by "not saving it".
>>
>>51999008
tell me about it nigga

Also, more stupid stuff:
>installing xamarin studio
>temp folder for installer isn't actual temp folder
>never gets deleted
>3gb in size includes 3 android sdks and emulators

>garageband and imovie are a total of 10gb and can't be removed through finder
>can be removed through terminal with no questions asked and problems caused
>>
>perfectly normal list of processes in the task manager
>'it's got a stacking problem'
This is not fucking tetris.
>>
>>51998522

You should have given her the D anon to make an already horrible and awkward situation that much worse
>>
File: image_1(2).jpg (486 KB, 1060x1600) Image search: [Google]
image_1(2).jpg
486 KB, 1060x1600
>Guy I work with complaining his pciture in his tv gets grainy occasionally.
>He has some Samsung 55" 1080p flatscreen. Not brand new but still a great TV.
>Buys a new 10' cheapest possible hdmi cable from no name chinese company at his local home run electronic shop.
>Cable heats up and dies, now no picture at all being displayed
>Tell him he needs to just buy a better brand cable and recommend a few that arent insanely priced
>Goes to best buy and the salesman sells him a MONSTER 15' virus shielded diamond contact and gold plated connectors hdmi cable. $220 >AND he bought the 3 year warranty.
>Tv no longer cuts out but still occasionally goes fuzzy/blurry
>Turns out when he moved from an old school tv to the new flatscreen, he never got the HD cable box to go with it.

Not really stupid, just unfortunate tech story because he realized his mistake.

Monster cables aren't that bad of quality actually, buy I despise the way they write buzzwords all over their packaging and mark up their price 250% or more of regular decently shielded cables.
>>
>>51998937
Their contract literally said that it was for X number of workstations, not X number of workstations that they could only get from their supplier. All I did was do as asked and put together half a dozen machines under the assumption that their support contract would cover the machines because they used the same software.

But yeah... Just corporations jewing each other...
>>
>>51999254
>Post insanity wolf advice
>Hurr hurr... I'm being so randumb!!!
Reddit, pls go...
>>
>>51999377
Come on dude, according to you, their contract said that they should only support the machines they supplied.

You'd be surprised how many people try to abuse that.

I certainly was.

It's not that corporations are "jewing each other" - it's more like "there's too many people involved in this situation at this point to not lay down some 'ground rules'"

It's all "free software and DIY" until you actually have to take care of huge amounts of money.
>>
>>51996269
>dollaridoos
>€
but then again, that just makes it more expensive
>>
>>51999479
wait, are we all /pol/acks who visit other boards as well, or is 4chan, as a whole, fully redpilled on the topic of jews?
>>
>>51999522
Yes. There's literally no way to prove that though if you think about it.
>>
>>51999548
i hope for the latter.
>>
>>51999479
The contract said that it was for X number of workstations. Not sure if they continued to refuse to provide support based on just refusing to do it or some fine print 20-something pages in on a 50 page terms of service notice.

But yeah... In my experience corporate dealings with each other and regular customers are always full of jewing and traps hidden in the fine print. Seems like there's no such thing as a company with more than 20 people run by actually decent people.
>>
>>51997106
bullshit you can't, my grandfather learned how to use an Android phone AND use SMS. his own daughter (my mom) can't figure out Windows.
>>
>>51999326
>I despise the way they write buzzwords all over their packaging and mark up their price 250% or more of regular decently shielded cables

I know one of the engineers who works harmonizing HDMI specifications, apparently Monster is constantly being threatened with losing their certification for making bullshit claims. I can't imagine how bad things would be without this pressure.
>>
>>51996273
I was given a pair of kraken's as a gift and they aren't too bad. Don't use the mic often though
>>
>>51999571
What? There is no "former" or "latter" in a sentence with just one option.

>>51999616
There's no fineprint. There's just basic reading comprehension. If you choose a contract where you supply the machines and support them that's one option and if you get the machines from a 3rd party vendor and want support from some other guy thats a different option.

How would the support guys know the machines have all confirmed working components and not Chinese Arduinos that break after you change the power supply?

And if you're saving money by outsourcing to Indian guys try explaining the whole situation in that case lmao.
>>
>>51999708
i hope for the latter part of what i posted in the post that you have replied to, namely - that the whole of 4chan as a whole, is fully redpilled on the topic of jews.
>>
>>51999734
In that case, the answer is yes. Everyone on 4chan is except for /soc/
>>
>>51989259
That's nothing. This is worse.

Repeated phrase is "But the cable exists, so it MUST work!"
>>
This dumbass thread with the same stories is really worth wiping out that amazing get? Did anyone cap it?
>>
>>51998788
>/furry/
ayy
>>
>>52000387
Yup, rule 34 dumbass
>>
>>51998802
duh...duh .....David?
>>
>>51997157
MediaMarkt employees are literally retarded anyways.
I got my Razer Deathadder there last year because on their Website it was cheaper than on Amazon (which almost never happens) but the Mouse wasn't with the other Brands (Logitech and Roccat were next to each other but Razer was nowhere to be found) so he had to ask 3 co-workers where the Razer stuff is to find out that it was 5 shelves aways where they built a Razer Gaming Zone with Keyboards and all that shit.
But it was 10 euros more than on the homepage and I had to show him that it was cheaper on their page before he gave me the cheaper price.
>>
File: 1450046010313.jpg (8 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1450046010313.jpg
8 KB, 325x325
>dad doesn't know what the play/pause button is.
>>
>>51993487
USB hosts are not under any circumstances supposed to be connected directly to another USB host. Male-male cables shouldn't even exist, this is exactly why there are various types of USB device connectors and why they don't come with USB type A plugs.
>>
>>51999708
The point was that the support request wasn't about hardware, it was literally the same software that they had on the machines bought from the vendor/tech support company. The contract in question specified support for the software that they were called up on.

We're talking about the contract first clearly stipulating that it was for X number of workstations and included a list of software they'd provide support for, but then possibly had an extra clause hidden among other legal stuff that it only applies to machines sold by them. When you're not up front about something like that, it is hiding it in the fine print. I could also be mistaken because they checked the contract before having me build the machines and it clearly said that it was for X number of workstations and a list of software so it's possible that "only machines sold by us" was just what their reps were told and it wasn't anywhere in the actual contract.

But yeah... Corporate shills shilling for corporations ITT.
>>
>>52000467
>>52000415
>>52000387
>>52000355
>>52000346
wtf
>>
>>52000542
faggot mods suck, mate.
>>
File: img0.jpg (628 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
img0.jpg
628 KB, 1920x1200
>customer calls and says their computer is not working
>Try to help him over the phone
>He does not want help. Demand i come fix it
>Say i need a bit more info than "not working"
>Computer shut down, all he sees is a "flag"
>2h drive later
>"Flag" is win 7 wallpaper....
>Open the video surveillance software and set it to open when windows launches
>Now every time he fucks up he yanks out the power and puts it back in to get back to where he started.
>>
>>52000577
dubs of truth.
>>
>>51996273
I use a Kraken because the Turtle Beaches keep breaking at the hinges of the earcups, and the Steelseries has a spectacular flaw where turning the mute switch on causes any sound playing on your computer to be broadcast on the mic.
>>
File: penn.jpg (42 KB, 310x425) Image search: [Google]
penn.jpg
42 KB, 310x425
>>52000583
>He does not want help. Demand i come fix it
>>
>[Deleted]
>34 results
This is like a second shoah.
>>
File: 1435284064873.jpg (21 KB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
1435284064873.jpg
21 KB, 600x357
>>51990005
>normal human
>>
>>51996199
why didn't you just return it you dumb cunt
>>
>>52000655
You = the worst kind of people
>>
>>52000710
>defending spoonfeeding

right back at you lad.
>>
>>52000664
6 guzzilian posts were exterminated!
Mods are Nazis!
>>
>>51988976
>Take IC3 Digital Literacy course for degree
>Designed to push people that are foreign to technology into a world where it makes sense
>Take course. Breeze through it because it was a requirement
>Meanwhile everyone else but one guy is hanging on by one finger
>Dozens fail
>Getting asked for help left and right.
>Being bombarded with simple cable connection types every single week because the information doesn't stick
>Tutored someone extensively (for money) and tried my hardest to beat the information into their head.
>Day of the three part test
>Cheer the kid on. He's made great progress..I hope
>Test finish
>I get perfect scores
>Look to see what the dude got
>752/1000, 758/1000, and 761/1000
>He barely passed. I look through his practice tests and see he marked of shit that was so obviously wrong.
>There is no hope.
>Five people passed out of thirty-five, went on to their A+, and still couldn't understand basic jargon. Including the guy I tutored
>Constantly comes to me for advice and questions.
>Give him the answers and it only creates more questions that he could have googled up in mere seconds. He learned nothing.
If you're not already into or highly interested in technology, please stay away. Google shit and use your brain instead of constantly pestering others and making yourself look stupid.

Only things you're absolutely certain cannot be googled or bring up a level of jargon far out of your field of work, should you ever ask a question.
>>
>>52000392
He's got a derpibooru tag open too.
>>
>>51994626
nice gaymergate post brosef
>>
File: image.png (20 KB, 658x643) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20 KB, 658x643
>>51993122
TIP TOP LEL
>>
>>51996446
Optional misknowledge makes me mad ++;
>>
>>52000825
Reddit/Gamerghazi pls go...
>>
>>52000811
What's that?

>not commenting on Pony
>>
>>52000892
>MAH GAMES
Grow up child.
>>
>>51992964
you can disable trackpad while typing in windows
>>
File: backtoreddit.jpg (134 KB, 500x614) Image search: [Google]
backtoreddit.jpg
134 KB, 500x614
>>52000915
More like:
>WAAAAHHH!!! THEY'RE MAKING SO MANY GAMES THAT TRIGGER ME AND THEY DON'T WANT TO STOP MAKING THESE TRIGGERING GAMES!!!1

Also, picture related.
>>
>>51997157
>>52000404
mediamarkt floor people are atrocious

all they do is sell boxes, don't expect them to have ANY useful knowledge
>>
File: tipsfedora.jpg (116 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.jpg
116 KB, 1252x1252
>>52000994
>sexualising women is fine
found the virgin
pic related
>>
>>51988976
Work in tech support in some big corp
>female calls
>THE COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING FIX IT OMG I CANT WORK OMG
>what seems to be the problem? can you explain?
>THE COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING FIX IT OMG I CANT WORK OMG
>mam, I can't help you if you don't give me info
>YOU NEED TO FIX IT NNNOOOOOOAAAAAAA
>ok coming over
>get there, bitch is losing her shit
>press the power button, nothing happens
>troubleshoot to the power cable
>power cable not plugged in the wall
>plug the power cable, turn on the computer
>OK OK I CAN TAKE IT FROM NOAA K? K? THANKS BYE
and this is one story of tech support to female customer
>>
>>51998788
>/furry/
>neekeri
mitä vittua
>>
File: autismincreased.jpg (16 KB, 680x299) Image search: [Google]
autismincreased.jpg
16 KB, 680x299
>>51996747
>>it's somehow the kernels fault that grandpa is so incompetent with computers that he can't click a button and enter a series of letters
>>
>>52001012
>sexualizing men is fine
found the SJW everyone
>>
>>52001012

Literally nothing wrong with it.

>>52000681

It would have made him feel bad, and I know he was just trying to help. It was just a laptop. I knew I could get another one down the road.

Besides, the case was pretty nice.
>>
File: 1413208899531.jpg (124 KB, 707x350) Image search: [Google]
1413208899531.jpg
124 KB, 707x350
>>52001012
>WAAHH!!!!1 THIS FEMALE CHARACTER DOESN'T FALL UNDER MY IDEAL IMAGE OF A WOMAN SO SHE MUST BE A HYPERSEXUALIZED SEX DOLL MADE FOR VIRGIN NECKBEARDS
I'm guessing you're one of those idiots who keep chanting "LISTEN AND BELIEVE" whenever one of Anita Sarkeesian's videos are being criticized over completely misrepresenting the actual games she's watching let's plays of.
>>
>>52001103
>>52001111
>>52001131
>muh SJW boogeyman
goobers pls
>>
>>51999083
it's the principle of not having 10000 files named "some bullshit document (37).docx"
another folder had 15 documents named:
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy - Copy.docx
Document - Copy.docx
Document.docx
>>
File: 1450123872075.png (822 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1450123872075.png
822 KB, 525x809
>>52001155
>muh womins matter
>defend women
>become white knight
>become cu.ck
Story of this faggot
>>
>>51994626
you're 19 years old, have a stable job AND you're own place

wtf bro teach me im 19 and wake up everyday wanting to kill myself
>>
File: 1413972703880-3.jpg (983 KB, 1200x1951) Image search: [Google]
1413972703880-3.jpg
983 KB, 1200x1951
>>52001155
>MUH SEXISM!!!1
feminists pls
>>
>mods delete cool get
>don't delete epin trololol thread derail
10/10
>>
File: 1448586072025.gif (4 MB, 369x200) Image search: [Google]
1448586072025.gif
4 MB, 369x200
>One of my tech illiterate friends on pirate bay
>looking for some shitty elder scrolls game
>2004 craptop
>he finds it
>downloads it
>23mb zip file
>ohshit.jpeg
>tell him its not the right one
>dave, that shit is probably malware
>large word confuses his primitive brain
>he is still wholesomely convinced that he found his game
>opens it
>fucking zip full of viruses
>computer eats shit
>he had to reformat his computer
>he blames me for it because i "didn't tell him it would break his computer"
>mfw
>>
File: CMxH.png (229 KB, 200x226) Image search: [Google]
CMxH.png
229 KB, 200x226
>friend tells me his mom has been complaining about the computer acting slow, asks me to take a look
>shitty ass 2005 era dell running xp, 1GB
>clean all the garbage off of it, tell friend to get a ram kit
>asks me to find ram for him
>give him a link and tell him to bookmark it
>"yeah bro for sure"
>week later
>"hey bro the ram came in, can you swing by and help me install it?"
>go over to his place
>open the box
>8gb vengeance kit for laptop
>what the fuck is this
>"i thought it looked better"
>mfw
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.