[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two weeks from now we will find out what the "breakthrough"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: vive.jpg (79 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
vive.jpg
79 KB, 960x540
Two weeks from now we will find out what the "breakthrough" is that they delayed the Vive for.

Anyone hype? What do you think it could be? What are you hoping for?

VR general maybe.
>>
Maybe super wide FOV or ultra low latency tracking since those would be really big breakthroughs.
The more I've gotten to use an HMD the less hyped I am for them to be honest. I like the isolation more than anything since blocking out all the distractions around you makes concentrating a hell of a lot easier. Its pretty comfy for movie watching too which is a big plus, but I can live without it.
>>
>>51988629
Marketing hype. Ignore. Buy donuts instead.
>>
>>51988629
Wireless VR
>>
It was delayed for bureaucratic reasons and there was no breakthrough. They're going to come up with something stupid and underwhelming as an excuse
>>
>>51988629
It's a new organic compound which allows for twice more vapour in wares than we've ever seen.
>>
it's probably just this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABHl77XR8UA
>>
>>51988791
That is incredibly likely considering we're talking about HTC here.
>>
New hardware that adds $400 to the price and gives 10% better head tracking
>>
I'm hoping it's something useful, optics or display related, or eye tracking.

It's probably going to be something to do with the lighthouse/tracking system that I don't care about. Tracking objects in your room is put-your-face-in-game tier gimmick.
>>
>>51988629
i just bought a used DK1 with Riftup Kit preinstalled but unused for 180€.

it probably arrives in 3 days

how good did i do?
>>
>>51988849
DK1 is terrible, riftup makes it barely above worthless. I guess you could watch 360 videos in it.

once the consumer VR headsets come out it will be totally useless
>>
>>51988915
but.. but dk2 costs like 400€ used and the rift cv1 probably won't come before march... let alone that i wait for the vive to see prices come a bit down and compare both technologies more indepth to make the better choice for muh gaymen
>>
>>51988993
bitch there are people here who have been waiting for CV1 since the 80's

you can wait 4 months and save up for the Rift or Vive, because they will be massively better and there are dozens of games launching with the systems that you won't be able to play with the DK1
>>
>>51989068
but i'm a 90's kid so those rules don't apply to me. i just found out about virtual reality 4 years ago and i'm 22 lol
>>
>>51988629
>vive
literally who?
>>
>>51989095
>i'm a 90's kid
>i'm 22 lol
you're a 2000's kid, bro
>>
>>51989123
Close the door when leaving grandpa
>>
>>51989123
The headset Valve partnered with HTC to make after Oculus stabbed them in the back to suck Facebook's dick.
>>
>>51989151
so my excuse goes even beyond, ha!
>>
>>51989217
sounds interesting, i stopped visiting VR pretty much when facebook bough oculus
>>
>>51989258
you make it sound like a bad thing
>>
>>51988812
that glove thing looks like the best possible controller for vr with nowadays technology. hope they bundle a couple with the thing.
>>
>>51989316
>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.