[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do companies like OutletPC or Newegg even stay in business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: amazon_logo.jpg (109 KB, 1250x458) Image search: [Google]
amazon_logo.jpg
109 KB, 1250x458
How do companies like OutletPC or Newegg even stay in business when Amazon offers better prices and better service?
I've been looking through all of them for a cheaper price, even when I found something that had a better price on OutlerPC, Amazon beat it by offering free shipping. Just out of curiosity, does anyone use online tech stores besides Amazon, why?
>>
>>51984650
Tax
>>
>>51984669
Tax free with Amazon over here.
>>
Does Amazon really offer better products and a larger variety PC hardware/software wise?

I bought from Newegg when I first got into computers and stopped because I live next to a Microcenter but I never thought of Amazon as a place for a good selection of PC hardware.

I order from Amazon all the time now but not PC stuff.
>>
>>51984691
Here must be same as everywhere
>>
>>51984693
Yeah, Amazon has a good selection and a lot more reviews than you would find on Newegg.
Their products are the same as you would find other places, but they're cheaper.
Plus their service is a lot better.
Not as good a selection on the software part though.
>>
>>51984650
Slave labor in the US selling products produced from slave labor in China. Couple that with prime service and get free 2-day shipping. It cannot be beat. I love it.
>>
Newegg doesn't have sale taxes for me and depending on what you get they can be cheaper.
>>
>>51984842
Newegg have those stupid mail in rebates
>>
>>51984650
in my experience amazon has been more expensive, and since I've never really used them before I don't know how they are with returns/rmas and I know from experience that newegg will do right by me with a minimal amount of hassle
>>
If Amazon is better do you think I could find all of these parts http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RLwRrH
>>
>>51986321
Yeah. You just have to look for them.
>>
newegg's free shipping usually gets to me in 2 days. they also don't subtract the tax from the listed price and show it only until you've reached the order confirmation page.
>>
Amazon prices aren't even competitive with best buy in store prices half the time these days.
>>
>>51986321
The first part was $7 cheaper on amazon.
>>
>>51986590

Except... you know, Best Buy has to price match Amazon for basically everything just to be competitive.
>>
>>51984669
THIS DESU

NEWEGG HAS NOTAX TO NY, AMAZON HAS TAX TO NY

CHECK&M8
>>
>>51984650
Newegg usually has better prices on computer components desu senpai

Also no tax for me. Amazon has tax for me if I buy from "Amazon" sellers
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.