[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will formatting a hard drive get rid of my BIOS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: partitions.png (14 KB, 888x162) Image search: [Google]
partitions.png
14 KB, 888x162
Will formatting a hard drive get rid of my BIOS?
>>
no, next.
>>
go back to /b/
>>
no but it will install gentoo
>>
File: Windows C.png (9 KB, 374x280) Image search: [Google]
Windows C.png
9 KB, 374x280
>>51981579
Do I need special permissions to format?
I already have administrator settings
>>
>>51981614
You're all ready admin. You have all privileges. If you want to reformat, reformat. It won't even touch your BIOS.
>>
>>51981645
But it's unclickable grey in the image
>>
you can't format the drive windows is running off you silly willy

boot a live GNU+Linux stick
>>
>>51981665
holy shit you're fucking stupid. /g/ is not tech support
>>
Here let me share a quick tip with you. If you want to format quickly all you have to do is delete the folder located in C:\Windows\System32

Once you delete the System32 folder you can restart and you'll be freshly formatted. It's a much quicker way to do it and it's grayed out in the menu because that tool is just meant to show you all your drives in an easy to view table
>>
>>51981821
This is the answer OP, I've done this in the past and it works very well
>>
>>51981573
dumbass
>>
>>51981614
may it be because you have your fucking os in that drive?
>>
>>51981573
you can't format the drive your windows is installed on while it's running...
use a windows disc or some linux live cd
>>
>>51981579

Dude you're just going to let this poor guy format his BIOS?

I thought /g/ was supposed to be full of nice virgin techies. That's harsh, man.

>>51981573
Dude never format anything, it will fuck up your computer beyond repair, trust me. I fell for this once and had to buy a whole new mack book pro.
>>
>>51981573
If your HTML firewall is able to remove the blockchain that is coming through your backdoor SATA port, then you should be fine.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.